November 16, 2018, 01:41:43 AM

Poll

Sign his new contract

Yes.
111 (24.1%)
No.
80 (17.4%)
Will wait to see what happens with the new management position.
89 (19.3%)
He's already on his bike and he's off.
181 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 461

Author Topic: Ross Barkley. Will he, or won't he?  (Read 42021 times)

January 05, 2018, 04:18:29 PM
Reply #30

Lxxx

I would have taken Loftus-Cheek in part-exchange in the summer. No chance of getting him now he's on loan elsewhere but he looks to have the potential to be a player with the skills we lack in abundance. It's these type of players we still need to have on our radar to spot and develop, not just go for overpriced established talent just because we have a few quid now
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 04:46:27 PM by Lxxx »

January 05, 2018, 04:40:59 PM
Reply #31

Lxxx

What's Jim White saying?

January 05, 2018, 05:55:22 PM
Reply #32

Lxxx

He's gone, we've got a few quid and we move on. He's not played for so long people have more or less forgotten about him anyway so let's put the money to good use towards a guy to score us a few goals and focus on how we get this team passing the ball again now.

January 05, 2018, 06:58:25 PM
Reply #33

Lxxx

15Million will go towards the Tosun deal. Getting a bit frequent now Stones, Lukaku, Barkley all gone inside 18 months.

Such a poor club with no intention of matching players ambitions.

Of course we have the intention we just fall down in reality.

January 05, 2018, 07:00:07 PM
Reply #34

Lxxx

That's why I said earlier it's a bit like tapping up. Wouldn't surprise me if the club raise some complaint after the transfer goes through.

You mean after agreeing a deal with a player over in Turkey and have him fly to the UK 'on holiday' before we'd even agreed a fee with his parent club?

January 05, 2018, 07:26:47 PM
Reply #35

Lxxx

All true but Koeman wanted rid.

Hard to say what could’ve been with him with better management and attitude, but in his first spell here and then particularly when he first signed, he looked like he might turn into a proper elite player.

He was shite in about 98% of the time he was on the pitch. Its just that people focus on the 2%.

January 05, 2018, 07:43:14 PM
Reply #36

Lxxx

Oh well. Chelsea bought him because he was cheap and is also still in the frame for playing some top football. Unless we start winning things soon, the youngsters we have here now will be gone ' for a new challenge', too.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/900591/Chelsea-Antonio-Conte-CONFIRMS-Ross-Barkley-Everton

As we should expect they will. If Holgate and others want to win silverware it's probably not going to be with us, certainly in the short term anyway. A holding appointment of Allardyce for any more than 6 months will only reaffirm that sadly.

January 05, 2018, 09:28:25 PM
Reply #37

Lxxx

Apologies if I'm wrong, but didn't we fail to meet Ross's salary demands?

We're paying absolute wasters like Schneiderlin, Sandro and Klaassan over 100k/week. I'm sure we'd have met Ross's salary demands if he gave us any inclination he'd sign if it was on the table.