November 20, 2017, 06:38:44 AM

Author Topic: [News]Unsworth: Beni loves a tackle  (Read 2844 times)

October 26, 2017, 04:39:26 PM
Reply #45

Lxxx

How was he on the ball.

Calm, composed, looked to pass forwards, dropped the shoulder a few times.

deCoubertin

October 26, 2017, 04:41:40 PM
Reply #46

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Calm, composed, looked to pass forwards, dropped the shoulder a few times.

Like the sound of it. I only saw the last five mins but glad to see him get a few minutes he looks a good player.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 26, 2017, 04:43:05 PM
Reply #47

Lxxx

Like the sound of it. I only saw the last five mins but glad to see him get a few minutes he looks a good player.

He's nowhere near Gueye or Schneiderlin when they decide to turn it on but he looks an able deputy. Much more reliable than Besic.

October 26, 2017, 04:52:36 PM
Reply #48

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Just a shame we don't lack a hard working tackler in this midfield, we desperately need a progressive passer since schneiderlins head fell off for some reason.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 26, 2017, 04:52:46 PM
Reply #49

boothill

He's nowhere near Gueye or Schneiderlin when they decide to turn it on but he looks an able deputy. Much more reliable than Besic.
To be fair to the lad, he put more in in 90 minutes than them 2 have this season up to now

October 26, 2017, 04:53:21 PM
Reply #50

Major Clanger

And he makes Drinkwater look like the debutant when he takes the ball away from him

Well, he was a debutant too :)
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

October 26, 2017, 06:02:31 PM
Reply #51

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 26, 2017, 06:54:00 PM
Reply #52

Bluenose 91

Played really well last night.  Didn't look out of place at all.

Don't expect him to start Sunday though and there's nothing wrong with that.

We need Gueye and Schneiderlin to come back in to form and they deserve a chance at that under Unsworth.

Beni will act as an able deputy when needed.

October 26, 2017, 07:21:45 PM
Reply #53

BlueNoseMike

We've got some great youngsters on the books haven't we? Really exciting future ahead with Davies, this Beni chap, Lookman*, etc.

Add to this the fact we have got Pickford, Keane, Sandro and Klaassen (once they find their feet) who are all 24 and younger, we've got great potential in the team.

*I hope Lookman decides stay, give him minutes and let him play. Same goes for Barkley too, him signing would be a big boost for the club

October 26, 2017, 07:38:28 PM
Reply #54

Waltzer

Played really well last night.  Didn't look out of place at all.

Don't expect him to start Sunday though and there's nothing wrong with that.

We need Gueye and Schneiderlin to come back in to form and they deserve a chance at that under Unsworth.

Beni will act as an able deputy when needed.

Hopefully his performance will act as a wake up call to both as they have been really poor to date but have been relatively secure with their own positions in the team, particularly under Koeman. Gueye must be feeling the more vulnerable as he is the most limited footballer of the 2 we currently have in midfield and I think Schneiderlin has much more ability

October 26, 2017, 07:44:08 PM
Reply #55

Waltzer

We've got some great youngsters on the books haven't we? Really exciting future ahead with Davies, this Beni chap, Lookman*, etc.

Add to this the fact we have got Pickford, Keane, Sandro and Klaassen (once they find their feet) who are all 24 and younger, we've got great potential in the team.

*I hope Lookman decides stay, give him minutes and let him play. Same goes for Barkley too, him signing would be a big boost for the club

It does look good, although I disagree about Klasseen, I think his days are numbered especially considering the new manager comes in and despite a senior withdrawal picks an U23 player and he didn't even make the squad. Things move on fast in football and you'd could easily argue hes dropped even further down the pecking order. Wouldnt be surprised at all to see him go out on loan in Jan, depending on who the manager is.

October 26, 2017, 08:04:45 PM
Reply #56

Bally

Administrator
I'm gonna be calling him Big Benj if anyone wants to join.
No
It's the roll I way

October 26, 2017, 08:05:11 PM
Reply #57

Bally

Administrator
BB in for Sunday - Gana on the bench

Gonna have to call him B&B: He'll put you to bed and eat you for breakfast - don't mess with our Beni
No
It's the roll I way

October 26, 2017, 08:05:23 PM
Reply #58

Bally

Administrator
It's the roll I way

October 26, 2017, 08:06:51 PM
Reply #59

Bally

Administrator
Nigel Benn watch out! Beni is coming for your nickname!
Definitely no
It's the roll I way