October 24, 2018, 09:27:06 AM

Author Topic: Leicester City v Everton  (Read 27585 times)

October 29, 2017, 05:11:25 PM
Read 27585 times

Rodenplav64

This is actually a difficult game . Appleton being an assistant has obviously been more hands on than Unsworth being with the U23's so Puel doesn't really have to do anything for this game . Unsworth has to pick the most confident and hard working 11 in the short term as opposed to the best ( out of form ) 11 on paper . There was enough in the Chelsea game , keeping it tight and then responding after going behind , to believe he can get the result today . 1-2 for us with Rooney and Lookman ( off the bench ) scoring .

October 29, 2017, 08:15:51 PM
Reply #1

Rodenplav64

Well I'm watching this one from a bar near Malaga, on honeymoon - the short term success of my sex life depends on a positive result here so don't let me down you bastards!

Need a win.

At least if we lose you will have an excuse .

October 29, 2017, 08:37:49 PM
Reply #2

Rodenplav64

That would be...remarkably negative

Fucking Unsworth out if that isn't a wind up .

October 30, 2017, 03:22:41 PM
Reply #3

Rodenplav64

He's had less than a week, you really expect him to have sorted out what you call an awful mess of a squad in that time?

Koeman got a season to get over the mess supposedly left him by Martinez . Unsworth may well have no fucking chance if that's the marker .As much as people decry Rooney he is the only footballing brain in the whole team . Tries to do more than his legs allow for really . Hard for a Manager to curb his inbuilt desire to be everywhere which in a side as poor as this creates problems with positional discipline . Thought yesterday was better but even though I would be behind him I think the mess he has been left is too much for him at this stage of his learning curve . I would sooner see someone come in and him be made assistant . 2 away games are not enough to judge him on and the crowd at Goodison will give the team the lift they need to get 3 points and a lift in confidence .

October 30, 2017, 04:50:23 PM
Reply #4

Rodenplav64

Some people here would have us believe that's all a manager's job is about.

Not to mention practicing corners.