November 21, 2017, 05:16:03 AM

Author Topic: Leicester City v Everton  (Read 9849 times)

October 29, 2017, 09:10:47 PM
Reply #165

Evertonian in NC

I don't see a lot going forward there. But the team is balanced. I would prefer sigurdsson and Rooney as the 10 and 9 over Rooney and DCL. I like the message that you stay if you perform though.

I don't think Sigurdsson and Rooney can play together, if you want Rooney in and aren't going to play 2 up top, this is how you do it.  You have to leave Sigurdsson out.  I disagree, but it's a reasonable disagreement I think.  I see Unsworth's point.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 29, 2017, 09:12:12 PM
Reply #166

Evertonian in NC

There could also be stuff going on behind the scenes here, I'm willing to give Rhino the benefit of the doubt.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 29, 2017, 09:13:54 PM
Reply #167

ally2

I have to say I'm confused by the Lennon love. I want him to do well of course. I just don't rate him much and the stats bear that out too. The main thing for me is that he is unquestionably the best player to support the development of Kenny.

October 29, 2017, 09:14:02 PM
Reply #168

School of Science

Rather have Vlasic over Lennon to be honest, Vlasic was one of our brightest sparks under Koeman.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

October 29, 2017, 09:14:43 PM
Reply #169

Ross

That teams got enough about them to get a result today and kickstart this season into life.

Reckon were on for a good open game.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 29, 2017, 09:14:44 PM
Reply #170

Dr. Sponge

Vlasic must be injured... he's looked a class act since he signed.

October 29, 2017, 09:14:47 PM
Reply #171

velimski

We do actually have a massive squad don't we. Loads of players not even in the 18 man squad.

Keane
Coleman *
Funes Mori *
McCarthy
Besic
Klassen
Sandro
Bolasie *
Barkley *
Vlasic

October 29, 2017, 09:15:09 PM
Reply #172

TheTone

would take a point right now

October 29, 2017, 09:19:46 PM
Reply #173

KoemansNumberTens

Leicester away isn't an easy game, even with them not playing well they're still on better form than we are.

If people are expecting Unsworth to win 2-0/3-0 away at Leicester then he's got no chance of getting the job

Unless..... we win 2 or 3 nil. Think I'm just giddy again that we played a brand of football that might pass as entertainment against Chelsea. It's not expect as in a bare minimum. It's more hope and hopefullly because of unsworths brilliance

October 29, 2017, 09:20:31 PM
Reply #174

School of Science

McCarthy injured again ? Picking youngsters over expensive summer signings, this will be acceptable only if we win or play very well me thinks. Brave or foolhardy not sure myself. Pretty dangerous game Unsy is playing here.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

October 29, 2017, 09:22:34 PM
Reply #175

KoemansNumberTens

What's happened to sandro? Is he injured or just out of favour? I'd like to see him given more opportunities too

October 29, 2017, 09:22:39 PM
Reply #176

Lxxx

Moshiri, in his already evidenced limited football knowledge, could look at it as over 100m worth of talent being left out to prove the point Unsy thinks its poor summer business.

Id love Unsworth to win the next few to disprove that notion. Or would it prove it?

October 29, 2017, 09:23:08 PM
Reply #177

stirlingblue

Unless..... we win 2 or 3 nil. Think I'm just giddy again that we played a brand of football that might pass as entertainment against Chelsea. It's not expect as in a bare minimum. It's more hope and hopefullly because of unsworths brilliance

Fair enough.

I'm not expecting anything life changing tactically from Unsworth as he's had limited time with the team, but if we work hard and play with discipline and passion then I'll be pleased regardless of the result (within reason)

October 29, 2017, 09:24:52 PM
Reply #178

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I have to say I'm confused by the Lennon love. I want him to do well of course. I just don't rate him much and the stats bear that out too. The main thing for me is that he is unquestionably the best player to support the development of Kenny.

You know exactly what you're going to get with Lennon. He's a hard worker, presses on and has pace. Something we've lacked all season. You need players you know are going to give a consistent performance for others to be able to build and work from.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

October 29, 2017, 09:26:27 PM
Reply #179

gizzblue

Has Ashley Williams  got a pic of Unsworth from the last Christmas party with a brass or something  ???.should be nowhere near that squad let alone the team or football for that matter.