November 25, 2017, 06:17:13 AM

Author Topic: Rooney...  (Read 1872 times)

October 30, 2017, 04:15:51 PM
Reply #30

Rodenplav64

I don’t think it was Koeman’s preference to play a 19 year old kid that isnt ready.

Sandro scored 15 La Liga goals and should have been starting ahead of DCL . Koeman chose to play one and not the other . Koeman chose to freeze out Niasse . Koeman knew Lukaku would not be signing . Koeman stated we needed to share the goals around and not rely on one striker . Koeman failed Everton miserably .

deCoubertin

October 30, 2017, 05:16:30 PM
Reply #31

Toddacelli

Sandro scored 15 La Liga goals and should have been starting ahead of DCL . Koeman chose to play one and not the other . Koeman chose to freeze out Niasse . Koeman knew Lukaku would not be signing . Koeman stated we needed to share the goals around and not rely on one striker . Koeman failed Everton miserably .

I do think it may be time to start using Sandro more. Whilst he's not impressed very much up to now, one thing you can guarantee is that he's not going to adjust to Premiership football sat on the bench.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 30, 2017, 05:26:04 PM
Reply #32

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We bought Sandro who is played alongside a big man, Rooney who is the prems most effective ever second striker, and sig who has only ever shone with a true nine in front of him.

It is november soon and Oumar Niasse is still a consideration for striker.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 30, 2017, 05:27:10 PM
Reply #33

Waltzer

I cant believe im doing this again!!

'Koeman chose to freeze out Niasse' - you honestly think hes good enough? I bet when the new manager comes in and we get a striker we rarely, if at all, see Niasse again, and there is a reason for that.
'Koeman knew Lukaku would not be signing' So did the board, the board chose not to sign anyone as they deemed them too expensive, hardly Koemans fault.
'Koeman stated we needed to share the goals around' - we got Sigurdsson, Klassen and Rooney so they did that, with a striker they'd have someone to run off, someone to hold the ball up and probably would do this
'Koeman failed Everton miserably' - Did he phuck, he had his pants pulled down by the board by not signing a recognised striker. Koeman did have his flaws but some people on here would lay global warming and world famine at his feet given half the chance, when in reality a good majority of his ability to do his job was removed by failures above him.

October 30, 2017, 05:35:24 PM
Reply #34

Lxxx

'Koeman chose to freeze out Niasse' - you honestly think hes good enough? I bet when the new manager comes in and we get a striker we rarely, if at all, see Niasse again, and there is a reason for that.
'Koeman knew Lukaku would not be signing' So did the board, the board chose not to sign anyone as they deemed them too expensive, hardly Koemans fault.
'Koeman stated we needed to share the goals around' - we got Sigurdsson, Klassen and Rooney so they did that, with a striker they'd have someone to run off, someone to hold the ball up and probably would do this
'Koeman failed Everton miserably' - Did he phuck, he had his pants pulled down by the board by not signing a recognised striker. Koeman did have his flaws but some people on here would lay global warming and world famine at his feet given half the chance, when in reality a good majority of his ability to do his job was removed by failures above him.

Fair points. You can't go into a Premier League season with just an inexperienced kid and a sub standard lad from the Russian league as your only options up front and not expect to struggle. Towards the end Koeman tried every permutation imaginable and still couldn't fashion a goal threat.

October 30, 2017, 05:46:42 PM
Reply #35

hill135

I agree that our complete inability to pass the ball from front-to-back is encouraging him to come looking for the ball in really harmless areas.

But it's not only that as let's face it he's been doing it for at least five years for both Man Utd and England. He is the only player we have with any quality and an actual pair of bollocks but there is a price in that it does unbalance us.

It should improve with some actual coaching though when we appoint a new manager.

October 30, 2017, 05:50:37 PM
Reply #36

Evertonian in NC

We bought Sandro who is played alongside a big man, Rooney who is the prems most effective ever second striker, and sig who has only ever shone with a true nine in front of him.

It is november soon and Oumar Niasse is still a consideration for striker.

To the life of me, no clue why we don't try 2 up top. So many truly desperate things tried, this sensible option mostly left by the wayside.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 30, 2017, 05:50:41 PM
Reply #37

Bluedylan

I agree that our complete inability to pass the ball from front-to-back is encouraging him to come looking for the ball in really harmless areas.

But it's not only that as let's face it he's been doing it for at least five years for both Man Utd and England. He is the only player we have with any quality and an actual pair of bollocks but there is a price in that it does unbalance us.

It should improve with some actual coaching though when we appoint a new manager.

I'd say Sigurdsson has quality and testicular fortitude, judging on his displays for Swansea and Iceland. He's just walked into a bit of a shitshow and not been able to show it.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 30, 2017, 05:58:33 PM
Reply #38

Lxxx

Unsy has clearly nailed his colours to the Rooney mast as evidenced in his first two games. Maybe as Rooney is the most popular guy in the squad and probably the most vocal, to give him the best shot at galvanising the troops and getting the job full-time. Hasn't worked. Rooney is un-coachable, he does what he likes on the pitch and as Mourinho highlighted, the team shape suffers for it.
Whoever gets the job has the unenviable task of solving the Rooney conundrum.

October 30, 2017, 06:10:24 PM
Reply #39

hill135

I'd say Sigurdsson has quality and testicular fortitude, judging on his displays for Swansea and Iceland. He's just walked into a bit of a shitshow and not been able to show it.

Yes presumably he has something about cos he looked like a warrior in the Euros and carried Swansea to survival. Shame he hasn't shown it here so far.

October 30, 2017, 06:13:06 PM
Reply #40

Lazarou

He's been wandering around the pitch for years now, he could get away with at Utd to a certain extent as other players covered his positional ill-discipline, even Mourinho got bored of it though.

Although he still one of our best players he ruins the formation every time he plays, at the moment we need a formation that is tight and hard to break down first and foremost, he has to be dropped until we get our tactical shit together.

Would love him to play as a striker and stick to that position but he just cannot help himself.

October 30, 2017, 07:21:27 PM
Reply #41

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Common thread (apart from Rooney himself ;) ) is that a) were shite b) England have always been shite c) United were shite / dull shite for all of that time too.

Yesterday was awful yet had DCL not stepped over the ball and Niasse not been Niasse hed have been the most crucial part of 2 goals so him looking for the ball wouldnt have been a problem.

If he was taking the ball off Pirlo itd be (more of) an issue.

October 30, 2017, 08:11:26 PM
Reply #42

Rodenplav64

What a complete load of old wank .

October 30, 2017, 08:18:13 PM
Reply #43

GoodisonPk

To the life of me, no clue why we don't try 2 up top. So many truly desperate things tried, this sensible option mostly left by the wayside.

I agree with this. Put sig behind Rooney and Sandro. Swap one of them for mirrallas at 60 minutes. Goals may not flow but we would improve.

October 30, 2017, 09:11:50 PM
Reply #44

Lxxx

I agree with this. Put sig behind Rooney and Sandro. Swap one of them for mirrallas at 60 minutes. Goals may not flow but we would improve.

Wouldn't have Rooney and Sig on the park at the same time. They gravitate to the same areas, regardless of where they are supposed to be playing. It's their natural game and they've both been successful doing it, it's just unfortunate that we have both of them in our squad.