November 24, 2017, 11:43:23 AM

Author Topic: Which striker to go for in January?  (Read 10758 times)

November 04, 2017, 08:26:18 PM
Reply #105

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
What happened with beckford ? He just seemed to vanish without a trace, i quite liked him
He was shite and ended up at bury
His level

Simply simply lovely

deCoubertin

November 04, 2017, 08:28:12 PM
Reply #106

boothill

He was shite and ended up at bury
His level
Bit harsh that jim, jeez

November 04, 2017, 08:34:11 PM
Reply #107

Big Nev

NSNO Subscriber
What are you suggesting that we pay double for someone okay or that we try and sign a champions league standard player while facing relegation

I'm saying that no matter who we go for, we will pay over the odds.
If they score 10 goals in the second half of the season and we stay up it will be worth it.
Rotterdam \'85
I was there!!!

November 04, 2017, 08:36:02 PM
Reply #108

Major Clanger

How unlucky was it for him to score a goal like this in the last match of the season, when all goals of the season competitions had long closed?
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

November 04, 2017, 08:38:27 PM
Reply #109

kramer0

How unlucky was it for him to score a goal like this in the last match of the season, when all goals of the season competitions had long closed?

As unlucky as the bounce the ball took when the Chelsea player should have won it back was lucky.

He came out even on that one.

November 04, 2017, 08:46:47 PM
Reply #110

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
As unlucky as the bounce the ball took when the Chelsea player should have won it back was lucky.

He should have got cleaned out on the halfway line tbf
He had no control of the ball at all.
The finish is nice tho

Simply simply lovely

November 04, 2017, 08:55:32 PM
Reply #111

boothill

Still a great goal though, one of my favourites

November 04, 2017, 08:57:37 PM
Reply #112

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
His composure in the finish was sublime.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

November 04, 2017, 09:03:19 PM
Reply #113

nsno

I may get slated for saying this but I'd go for Andy Carroll or somebody similar. We need somebody who is going to be a bully in the final 3rd and have the ability to hold the ball up and bring others into play. we have the ability to score 30 goals a season from our midfield players but at the moment we have nobody who can complement them.
you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

November 04, 2017, 09:15:01 PM
Reply #114

boothill

I may get slated for saying this but I'd go for Andy Carroll or somebody similar. We need somebody who is going to be a bully in the final 3rd and have the ability to hold the ball up and bring others into play. we have the ability to score 30 goals a season from our midfield players but at the moment we have nobody who can complement them.
Hes more injured than my shout wellbeck, but i see what you mean about a bully

November 04, 2017, 09:16:01 PM
Reply #115

Waltzer

Someone similar to Carroll wouldn't be too bad, but Carroll is a terrible shout. We'd end up back where we are with no striker for most of the season. He makes McCarthys injury record and appearances per season look good

November 04, 2017, 09:17:02 PM
Reply #116

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
If Carroll could stay fit he would be a very handy player

He can't tho

Simply simply lovely

November 04, 2017, 10:12:49 PM
Reply #117

KingOfNapaValley

I would find a striker who is 20-23 years old that has been scoring goals his whole life. Essentially, what we did when we got Lukaku.

I am not interested in 28-30 year old strikers that their own teams don't have an interest in keeping. Statistically, strikers peak out at 27, on average.

Thus, Moussa Dembele.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 10:17:40 PM by KingOfNapaValley »

November 04, 2017, 10:30:35 PM
Reply #118

Heisenberg

We really should have someone, anyone, ready to come in on the first of the month. Even if it's someone who will eventually be the back up striker. We won't though

November 04, 2017, 10:35:34 PM
Reply #119

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I would find a striker who is 20-23 years old that has been scoring goals his whole life. Essentially, what we did when we got Lukaku.

Haha, yeah sure piece of piss why hasn’t Walsh’s thought of that?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.