November 18, 2019, 07:24:02 PM

Author Topic: Which striker to go for in January?  (Read 29255 times)

November 11, 2017, 05:49:36 PM
Reply #225

SANA_DR0

i am not saying this is who i think we SHOULD go for, I am saying this is who i bet we WILL be in for
and its depressing
Defenders - Johnny Evans, Shane Duffy, James Collins or Ryan Shawcross
Strikers - Shane Long, Ismael Slimani, Leigh Griffiths, Solomon Rondon or Danny Ings

those are some grim signings.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

November 12, 2017, 11:10:57 AM
Reply #226

KingOfNapaValley

I remember when I posted that losing Lukaku would leave us in deep trouble, I got a lot of pushback. This is when everyone had dreams of top 4.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 11:16:05 AM by KingOfNapaValley »

November 12, 2017, 12:33:15 PM
Reply #227

Glory

November 12, 2017, 01:06:56 PM
Reply #228

KoemansNumberTens

I remember when I posted that losing Lukaku would leave us in deep trouble, I got a lot of pushback. This is when everyone had dreams of top 4.

Wasn't the argument that we'd be okay if we spent the money wisely?
What were you saying that we'd buy a load of number 10s and no striker or just that we were doomed regardless

November 12, 2017, 01:22:01 PM
Reply #229

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber

Well done King, you win the I Told You So poster of the week. Congratulations.

November 12, 2017, 01:32:19 PM
Reply #230

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

Because no one believed that those in charge would be stupid enough not to replace him. At all.  Whilst also leaving other massive holes in the squad.

November 12, 2017, 02:48:23 PM
Reply #231

Mayor Farnum

Is that all your successful posts or can you do a montage?
Something clever written by someone else.

November 12, 2017, 03:36:14 PM
Reply #232

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Haha. What a fucking knob lolol

November 12, 2017, 05:26:26 PM
Reply #233

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 05:27:51 PM by Ell Capitan »

November 12, 2017, 05:36:09 PM
Reply #234

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Interested in Jack Harrison apparently.

November 12, 2017, 06:00:20 PM
Reply #235

Ridge

Get shouted at for making a prediction, for it happening and blowing your own trumpet. There isn't any way we should have gone from Lukaku to relegation candidates, but that's what happened.

While I never warmed to Koeman, it was a bold prediction and I wouldn't have gone that far. We wouldn't have been as bad if we had Lukaku, you only have to look at how difficult it is to find players on that level who will come.

You don't have to attack everything you don't like reading, it's not intended to offend.

November 12, 2017, 06:31:44 PM
Reply #236

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Get shouted at for making a prediction, for it happening and blowing your own trumpet. There isn't any way we should have gone from Lukaku to relegation candidates, but that's what happened.

While I never warmed to Koeman, it was a bold prediction and I wouldn't have gone that far. We wouldn't have been as bad if we had Lukaku, you only have to look at how difficult it is to find players on that level who will come.

You don't have to attack everything you don't like reading, it's not intended to offend.

But it wasnt a prediction based on what has actually happened.  If he'd said 'In the summer we'll lose all three of our senior strikers from this season, and replace them with a returning Oumar Niasse we'll be at the bottom of the table' then theres not a single person who would have disagreed with him.  But he didnt say that, because no one would think it was possible to fuck up our striker recruitment as badly as we did. 

And saying 'if we'd kept Lukaku we'd be further up the table' isnt an great insightful observation either.  If we'd kept Kone or Valencia we'd have been in a better position too, as having something is better than nothing.

November 12, 2017, 07:08:39 PM
Reply #237

Ridge

But it wasnt a prediction based on what has actually happened.  If he'd said 'In the summer we'll lose all three of our senior strikers from this season, and replace them with a returning Oumar Niasse we'll be at the bottom of the table' then theres not a single person who would have disagreed with him.  But he didnt say that, because no one would think it was possible to fuck up our striker recruitment as badly as we did. 

And saying 'if we'd kept Lukaku we'd be further up the table' isnt an great insightful observation either.  If we'd kept Kone or Valencia we'd have been in a better position too, as having something is better than nothing.

Like all predictions, it was before the event happened, predictions in hindsight are easy. Lukaku gone, check, relegation candidates, check.

Plenty of managers would have done better with squad than Koeman. Recruitment could have been better, lack of creativity plays a big part too. But if we still had Lukaku, they wouldn't be major issues and we'd be getting goals.

Striker recruitment wasn't great, but we got Sandro, Rooney and DCL is gaining more experience. Are you saying its not Lukaku, but 33 year old Kone and Valencia we miss?

November 13, 2017, 08:38:57 AM
Reply #238

KingOfNapaValley

Is that all your successful posts or can you do a montage?

Indeed I can do a montage. How about the thread where I showed (with data) that we really are not a big spending club under Moshiri, because everyone is too focused on our spending and not our sales. And that after you consider both, our spending is just mid-table-plus level at best since his arrival. A net spend of just 69M pounds since his arrival, which is nothing impressive at all. Got a lot of pushback on that too, Even though it was true then and is true now.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 08:49:41 AM by KingOfNapaValley »

November 13, 2017, 09:34:26 AM
Reply #239

Ridge

You're on your own on that one buddy, have you heard of FFP?

Just 70m net.  :laugh: