November 20, 2017, 03:19:23 PM

Author Topic: Which striker to go for in January?  (Read 10197 times)

November 01, 2017, 08:23:32 PM
Reply #75

GrantyBoy78

LW/RW- Zaha, Redmond, Brooks, Gray - Pacey wide attackers. Largely young enough. Brooks I think will be special, Redmond I THINK can go up a level, Zaha I think is a top player, would cost north of 40m I think. Maybe see if Spurs still want rid of Sissokho.

Fullback back-up- Tavernier, Rangers RB. Cresswell - is he even playing for WHU? He's a baller, wtfs going on with him. LB.

CM - need a forward passer. A DLP/Regista whatever you want to call it... not sure who we could attract however. 25 years old please. Would like Paredes but he's in a CL side and has only just moved there. Bloody shame Newcastle tied up Merino

Number 9 - Milik, Gameiro, Bas Dost, Zahore...honestly dunno tbh lads, as I've said we've got a pretty low bar. Also could do with a low centre of gravity dribbler or marathon runner to get in behind who isn't lookman or Niasse. Always been a fan of Eddie Vargas but he only performs for his international side unfortunately, and totally flopped in the prem. budget Suarez imo but doesn't seem to have it in him.

CB - ball player with athletic ability required here. 24/25/26. Koulibaly basically. Can't think of any in England, maybe the lad at Middlesbrough or the lad at Brighton.

Some French Africans from Ligue Un that Walsh knows would come in handy in all of the above positions.
The painful thing is that even though we spent all that money, we need a complete overhaul. I think we have enough options and quality in midfield (once organised and back in form etc.) but the defence and forward positions need sorting and that can only be done with shit loads more money.

Will Moshiri have the stomach for it?

deCoubertin

November 01, 2017, 08:24:51 PM
Reply #76

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Thought Tierney had just signed a new deal for 5 yrs?

Suppose it guarantees Celtic a big shwad of doh
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 01, 2017, 08:25:47 PM
Reply #77

Lincs Toffee

Suppose it guarantees Celtic a big shwad of doh
There is that yeah
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

November 01, 2017, 08:26:25 PM
Reply #78

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The painful thing is that even though we spent all that money, we need a complete overhaul. I think we have enough options and quality in midfield (once organised and back in form etc.) but the defence and forward positions need sorting and that can only be done with shit loads more money.

Will Moshiri have the stomach for it?

Will he have the planning for it more importantly.

We lashed A BIT of money about (wonder what the inflation rate was and when you divide our spends by that, minus outgoing player sales) and did get a few new players, but the planning was terrible.

Buying cheaper but buying smarter in the next window would serve us even better than buying expensive and stupid.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 04, 2017, 02:09:55 AM
Reply #79

kramer0

If Koeman was still here, I'd be reasonably confident of a move for Andrea Petagna. There's an extent to which our recruitment, especially in attacking positions, was focused on players who personally terrorized Koeman in the past.

(I still think it's dodgy that we signed Vlasic right after playing Split twice, although I'm happy he's here.)

Plus, Petagna gets bonus points for having a pristine haircut like Pelle and Giroud.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 02:11:54 AM by kramer0 »

November 04, 2017, 02:11:30 AM
Reply #80

kramer0

Argh. Double Post.

November 04, 2017, 02:23:14 AM
Reply #81

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Like the look of pategna but hes young and unproven so Id want pategna and another.

November 04, 2017, 02:25:20 AM
Reply #82

KoemansNumberTens

Go all out for Peter Crouch

Frightening thing is we'd be twice the team we are now with crouch playing upfront for us. Twice very little is still very little though

November 04, 2017, 01:22:56 PM
Reply #83

Juanito

Someone suggested Rondon earlier and I thought, he doesnt score goals? The reality is we wont get a top Striker but I remember what Marcus Bent did for us. He scored 7 goals and we finished 4th. I think our side is crying out for an athletic, strong, tall, quick striker who performs thankless tasks for the sake of the team, so our plethora of no10s would reap the rewards and feed off his flick ons and also the space he should take up.

November 04, 2017, 02:30:15 PM
Reply #84

Rodenplav64

The only realistic hope we have in January is someone on the fringe of his club side or someone nearing the end of his contract and most likely it would be a loan . There is no way we will by 2 unless we shift Sandro as we already have Onyekeru next season if he gets his WP . We could always try playing Sandro as many times as we have played DCL so we can see if there is anything there .

November 04, 2017, 02:58:30 PM
Reply #85

GrantyBoy78

Someone suggested Rondon earlier and I thought, he doesn't score goals? The reality is we won't get a top Striker but I remember what Marcus Bent did for us. He scored 7 goals and we finished 4th. I think our side is crying out for an athletic, strong, tall, quick striker who performs thankless tasks for the sake of the team, so our plethora of no10's would reap the rewards and feed off his flick ons and also the space he should take up.
That was Koemans plan.

Rondon actually had a very good scoring record before he joined West Brom, albeit in poorer league. Hes a good player and would score more goals in a more attacking team. But even Rondon in this market would cost an absolute fortune. I said before the summer; there is absolutely no value in buying players from other Prem teams. To a degree its worth paying an inflated fee if youre negating the risk by getting someone who knows the league and should settle quickly, however, that hasnt been the case with the likes of Sigurdsson etc.

Its not like were Real Madrid where we need a galatico to improve us. Were actually short of bodies in certain positions; it should be easy to improve the squad with 8m-15m players from the continent.

If only we had a competent scouting department...

November 04, 2017, 03:27:58 PM
Reply #86

Toddacelli

No offence meant to anyone who has posted this on here but...

It really winds me the fuck up when people say "We've known for MONTHS that Lukaku was leaving"

Months? MONTHS?

We've known for fucking YEARS!

After the initial buzz when we thought we really might be going somewhere, it's been apparent for the last two seasons we had him that we were holding on to him by the skin of our teeth and that someone should have been brought in.

Remember when we were begging to get another year out of him and then delighted he gave us another year?  A YEAR.

Months? Fuck off. We've had way longer than that. We should have been planning for it while we still had him and were an attractive club for a striker to go to. Now we're gonna pay 100M for Chris Wood when Dyche comes in. Happy New Year.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

November 04, 2017, 03:28:10 PM
Reply #87

D_murph0278

Rondon is a great shout. Kevin Gameiro alongside him. Failing Rondon, Willian Jose.
"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."

November 04, 2017, 03:57:58 PM
Reply #88

Toddacelli

Rondon is a great shout. Kevin Gameiro alongside him. Failing Rondon, Willian Jose.

Failing Rondon?  Is that his full name, like?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

November 04, 2017, 04:57:56 PM
Reply #89

ally2

I'm surprised we haven't thrown Ashley Williams up front yet.