November 21, 2017, 10:39:47 AM

Author Topic: Which striker to go for in January?  (Read 10367 times)

November 04, 2017, 05:01:43 PM
Reply #90

KoemansNumberTens

Just posted the goal of the month contest on Facebook for us to vote on. 1 senior goal, 1 under 23s, 1 ladies and 1 from I think the under 18s. Surely out of absolute shame you'd just cancel the fucking contest
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 05:03:53 PM by KoemansNumberTens »

deCoubertin

November 04, 2017, 05:24:59 PM
Reply #91

mikey_blue

Babacar. He's behind in the pecking order at Fiorentina, and could probably get a good deal for him.

Also still think Sandro has something to offer, he just needs to play. DCL has been good at running and harassing defenders, but rarely looks like scoring and Niasse is a decent enough option off the bench but again, he's a bit shite. But both have been given the opportunity. I'd like to see Sandro get the same.

November 04, 2017, 05:56:56 PM
Reply #92

Big Nev

NSNO Subscriber
At this stage we should think big. That means a lot of money.
I'm not in the loop like some of you guys on here, but whoever we go for money is no object.
We'll lose a lot more if we get relegated than we are going to spend on a striker.

OK so we got £75m for Lukaku. We will need to spend nearly that for anyone we buy as other teams know we are desperate.
Rotterdam \'85
I was there!!!

November 04, 2017, 06:08:11 PM
Reply #93

KoemansNumberTens

At this stage we should think big. That means a lot of money.
I'm not in the loop like some of you guys on here, but whoever we go for money is no object.
We'll lose a lot more if we get relegated than we are going to spend on a striker.

OK so we got £75m for Lukaku. We will need to spend nearly that for anyone we buy as other teams know we are desperate.

What are you suggesting that we pay double for someone okay or that we try and sign a champions league standard player while facing relegation

November 04, 2017, 07:10:54 PM
Reply #94

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Someone suggested Rondon earlier and I thought, he doesnít score goals? The reality is we wonít get a top Striker but I remember what Marcus Bent did for us. He scored 7 goals and we finished 4th. I think our side is crying out for an athletic, strong, tall, quick striker who performs thankless tasks for the sake of the team, so our plethora of no10ís would reap the rewards and feed off his flick ons and also the space he should take up.

Iím a big Rondon guy.

Some of the best hold up in the prem imo, barely ever seen him get the ball taken off him back to goal.

Doesnít score for WBA under Pulis, but that doesnít matter. Weíve got Rooney, Klaassen and Sigurdsson who have made careers out of clever box movement and finishing chances set up by a main striker.

Think heíd be a success here and I would love him here.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 04, 2017, 07:29:57 PM
Reply #95

everton1952

Repeat again, there is no time in January for fooling around with foreign based strikers of the sort "well he needs time to adjust to our league etc.." Stuff that, go for competent UK based strikers already in the PL or in the Championship.

November 04, 2017, 07:40:10 PM
Reply #96

djws1788

is Slimani worth a shout? canít get a look in at Leicester

November 04, 2017, 07:47:58 PM
Reply #97

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
is Slimani worth a shout? canít get a look in at Leicester

Compared to nothing, yes
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 04, 2017, 08:00:18 PM
Reply #98

GrantyBoy78

I'm a big Rondon guy.

Some of the best hold up in the prem imo, barely ever seen him get the ball taken off him back to goal.

Doesn't score for WBA under Pulis, but that doesn't matter. We've got Rooney, Klaassen and Sigurdsson who have made careers out of clever box movement and finishing chances set up by a main striker.

Think he'd be a success here and I would love him here.
Could you bring yourself to pay £30m-40m for Rondon though?

November 04, 2017, 08:05:55 PM
Reply #99

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Could you bring yourself to pay £30m-40m for Rondon though?

Yup

November 04, 2017, 08:13:46 PM
Reply #100

Evertonian in NC

I'd buy Slimani and Rondon, sell McCarthy to Leicester too. 
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 04, 2017, 08:14:31 PM
Reply #101

boothill

November 04, 2017, 08:14:50 PM
Reply #102

boothill

November 04, 2017, 08:18:24 PM
Reply #103

Evertonian in NC

Nice seeing Arteta on the pitch for us there, too.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 04, 2017, 08:25:18 PM
Reply #104

boothill

What happened with beckford ? He just seemed to vanish without a trace, i quite liked him