November 16, 2018, 06:06:22 PM

Author Topic: Which striker to go for in January?  (Read 23500 times)

October 30, 2017, 10:12:13 PM
Read 23500 times

KoemansNumberTens

We need at least 2 strikers. Absolutely no clue who although aren't a couple we were linked with from la liga doing quite well still.

October 31, 2017, 04:54:12 AM
Reply #1

KoemansNumberTens

Celtic will be out of the champions league by January so Id go in and make an offer for Tienery and  Dembele

Hasn't Tienery just signed a 6 year contract. Sure I read that today

November 04, 2017, 02:25:20 AM
Reply #2

KoemansNumberTens

Go all out for Peter Crouch

Frightening thing is we'd be twice the team we are now with crouch playing upfront for us. Twice very little is still very little though

November 04, 2017, 05:01:43 PM
Reply #3

KoemansNumberTens

Just posted the goal of the month contest on Facebook for us to vote on. 1 senior goal, 1 under 23s, 1 ladies and 1 from I think the under 18s. Surely out of absolute shame you'd just cancel the fucking contest
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 05:03:53 PM by KoemansNumberTens »

November 04, 2017, 06:08:11 PM
Reply #4

KoemansNumberTens

At this stage we should think big. That means a lot of money.
I'm not in the loop like some of you guys on here, but whoever we go for money is no object.
We'll lose a lot more if we get relegated than we are going to spend on a striker.

OK so we got 75m for Lukaku. We will need to spend nearly that for anyone we buy as other teams know we are desperate.

What are you suggesting that we pay double for someone okay or that we try and sign a champions league standard player while facing relegation

November 04, 2017, 10:36:53 PM
Reply #5

KoemansNumberTens

We really should have someone, anyone, ready to come in on the first of the month. Even if it's someone who will eventually be the back up striker. We won't though

We'll all be here on deadline day saying surely it can't be a third time we've been promised the world and got nowt...... we'll fuck it up no doubt. We'll get a striker but it will be for a ridiculous price. They don't know what they are doing. Wait too long for decisions. Followed by pay whatever in negotiations. Followed by we just won't bother. It's like they can make sensible decisions

November 05, 2017, 03:47:38 AM
Reply #6

KoemansNumberTens

Really wanna see the lad given games ....Sandro is deffo no worse than DCL in goals ...why not give the lad a run ?.

Can't believe he's not even making the bench. I'm not having DCL is a bigger goal threat. Are we sure he's not injured.

November 12, 2017, 01:06:56 PM
Reply #7

KoemansNumberTens

I remember when I posted that losing Lukaku would leave us in deep trouble, I got a lot of pushback. This is when everyone had dreams of top 4.

Wasn't the argument that we'd be okay if we spent the money wisely?
What were you saying that we'd buy a load of number 10s and no striker or just that we were doomed regardless

November 17, 2017, 02:46:42 AM
Reply #8

KoemansNumberTens

Apparently, Klaassen has played as a false nine before.

It would be nice to see him again, in some central role. I'm seriously disappointed at how Unsworth has frozen out so many of our summer signings.

Me too. We've been so poor in almost every position and yet them who are still a bit of an unknown are completely out while we continue with many who we pretty much know are actually good enough