November 23, 2017, 06:12:25 AM

Author Topic: Which striker to go for in January?  (Read 10590 times)

October 31, 2017, 12:40:38 AM
Reply #30

TheTone

Anyone that's not playing in the Dutch league

deCoubertin

October 31, 2017, 12:42:18 AM
Reply #31

indiantoffee1975

Remy can't get in the las palmas side and they are shite.

So are we, shite that is, but he'd get into our team

October 31, 2017, 12:44:13 AM
Reply #32

Heisenberg

Belotti and Gameiro! hahaha I'll take whatever you guys are smoking.

Any ounce of pulling power we may have had is now gone. We wont even have europa to offer next year after this mess

October 31, 2017, 12:44:42 AM
Reply #33

Coyb12

So are we, shite that is, but he'd get into our team
No mate he really wouldn't.

October 31, 2017, 12:47:32 AM
Reply #34

indiantoffee1975

No mate he really wouldn't.

Anything is possible. Go into a season without a recognised forward remember and we brought in a 4th choice Southampton RB. This is Everton  ;)

October 31, 2017, 12:49:24 AM
Reply #35

Coyb12

Anything is possible. Go into a season without a recognised forward remember and we brought in a 4th choice Southampton RB. This is Everton  ;)
Allardyce doesn't like him.

October 31, 2017, 01:51:50 AM
Reply #36

Waltzer

Belotti and Gameiro! hahaha I'll take whatever you guys are smoking.

Any ounce of pulling power we may have had is now gone. We wont even have europa to offer next year after this mess
No chance of Belotti, but I don't see why Gamerio wouldn't be an option? 4th choice at atletico, wants to play, he isn't top, top draw and is by all accounts available

October 31, 2017, 01:54:07 AM
Reply #37

Macca77

Carlton Cole is available, Big Sam loves him

October 31, 2017, 02:01:42 AM
Reply #38

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I don't know but as stated we've got a fairly low starting point.

I do know also that a striker isn't the only player we need.

1. Mobile Cb. Ball playing Cb. If we can get one player who does both great.
2. Deputy / replacement for both full backs. Youth, pace and the ability to cross the ball needed.
3. Forward thinking central midfielder. We have plenty of energy and plenty of safe sideways merchants, we need a string puller desperately.
4. Pace. I know bolassie is due back, but a natural widemen capable of playing at pace and committing opposition defenders are absolutely vital in the prem. Zaha would be my first choice, Redmond plan B.

I suppose whoever we get in will need what he needs, he may have a different view on the squad or whatever, but from a squad building POV youth, athletic ability and pure pace will always give you options to shape something with.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 31, 2017, 02:48:44 AM
Reply #39

boothill

October 31, 2017, 02:51:35 AM
Reply #40

BlueForYou

Has he been playing?
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 31, 2017, 02:52:40 AM
Reply #41

Gash

Global Moderator
Has he been playing?

Had a knee injury for the last few weeks I think.

October 31, 2017, 03:15:27 AM
Reply #42

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Whoever Tuchel wants
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 31, 2017, 04:12:23 AM
Reply #43

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not as clear as it was really, because we don't know what the new man would need.

Looking at it from pure want-what-we-don't-have; we don't have any sort of hold up play, we also don't have any sort of link-up play and we also don't have any sort of pace...

So we add any of that, we do it for the right reasons, and we do it in a coherent strategy of building a team in a certain direction then great news. However if we hire like a pressing manager and add a slow lump, we're possibly fucked.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 31, 2017, 04:24:35 AM
Reply #44

Ramjam

Celtic will be out of the champions league by January so Id go in and make an offer for Tienery and  Dembele
WE ARE THE PEOPLE