August 24, 2019, 10:11:00 AM

Author Topic: Which striker to go for in January?  (Read 27731 times)

November 01, 2017, 07:36:16 PM
Read 27731 times

BlueNoseMike

LW/RW- Zaha, Redmond, Brooks, Gray - Pacey wide attackers. Largely young enough. Brooks I think will be special, Redmond I THINK can go up a level, Zaha I think is a top player, would cost north of 40m I think. Maybe see if Spurs still want rid of Sissokho.

I'd love zaha here, think he's really stepped up a level since just before he went to the AFCON and can play anywhere across the front 3. I like your striker choices too. A front 3 of Zaha Dost and Bolasie would be great on paper. Would take Gray too. Do we think we've missed a trick with zaha and Gray now though. Zaha I can see going spurs next year

November 10, 2017, 04:01:06 PM
Reply #1

BlueNoseMike

Tricky one this. If the plan, despite how unrealistic it seems, is to wait for a Simeone type at the end of the season, then I don't really want an interim chap to splash 40 or 50 million on players in January that the coach/manager next season might not want. Yes I know the point of a DOF is to reduce this to some extent and the coach is to get on with it. But I wouldn't like the idea of spending big on Benteke only for the new coach to not want him 6 months later.

If that becomes the situation it probably limits our targets even more

November 13, 2017, 04:32:27 PM
Reply #2

BlueNoseMike

The league outside of the Top 6 is full of shite and ordinary teams. We were on our own in 7th last year and we've dipped back into that chasing pack. It's not even a chasing pack as none of them show ambitions to chase the top 6. Yes we've been shocking but any other team in that 13 could go on an equally worse run. None have the potential to go on a big winning run so I can imagine if we can get our act together a top 10,  or 8 or whatever finish is still a realistic aim.

The quality outside that top 6 means we still have a chance of top 7 (providing the right people come in in January)