November 16, 2018, 03:44:15 PM

Author Topic: Which striker to go for in January?  (Read 23496 times)

November 05, 2017, 03:39:44 AM
Read 23496 times

bluenuck

November 05, 2017, 09:17:55 AM
Reply #1

bluenuck

.....and at his best is a one goal in three striker....and he ain't at his best.

Um...

November 10, 2017, 10:15:50 AM
Reply #2

bluenuck

Volland. Muto. Gregoritsch 

I watch a lot of bundesliga.

November 10, 2017, 10:00:21 PM
Reply #3

bluenuck

I actually think sorting out the defence could be argued is the priority.

We are scoring SOME goals, but were fucking leaking at the back. Slow as fuck an all.

Fully agree. But we just need A striker. An actual striker with experience who can lead the line and be at least a decent goal threat. Just one.

Then I hope it's all defenders after that. (In January)

November 10, 2017, 11:26:00 PM
Reply #4

bluenuck

The defence is old, slow, past it and lacking in ball playing ability.

The midfield is unbalanced, not good at keeping the ball and unable to resist pressure from even poor teams.

The attack is slow and lacking regular goal scorers

Its all fucked and the whole thing is a priority!

In my opinion the mid field looks so bad because behind them they have old, slow, past it and lacking in ball playing ability players.

In front of them they have slow and lacking regular goal scorers.

Our mid field is squeezed so tightly right now because of this. Coaches know how to play us and it makes our mid field look worse off then it actually is.

November 11, 2017, 04:51:14 AM
Reply #5

bluenuck

I'm tellin ya, Gregoritsch. He's a beast.

November 13, 2017, 11:15:32 AM
Reply #6

bluenuck

There's so much of the season to go that it's ridiculous to say we're a relegation contender when we're only four points from 8th place.

Sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture. We've been diabolical all season and we're currently 15th. Nobody thought Chelsea would get relegated in 2015-16 when they were 16th after 12 games and we won't either. We've got rid of our manager, no Europe to 'distract' and some key players to come back from injury whilst things already look on the up after beating Watford.

The hysterical mindset is annoying.

Playing devils advocate. I think the annoying part can go both ways. It's annoying hearing people say we won't be relegated with such confidence just because we're Everton and we have history(I know you're not saying that). Right now there's not more than 2 teams that look worse than us, we've had a lucky win against fukkin Watford, and we have to go another 6+ weeks without a real striker and shite defence.

Again, I'm playin devils advocate, and I think we'll manage to work our way back up the table to a good spot, But it's quite annoying reading how confident people are when we're proper shit.

November 13, 2017, 02:33:24 PM
Reply #7

bluenuck

Yeah but we dont look like weve been unlucky, we look absolute shite and weve been lucky to get the wins weve had - a late pen, a mad Oumar-powered comeback and the oppo missing a pen etc.

If we looked like we were playing well but just hitting the post or whatever then yeah sound, but we absolutely deserve to be bottom 3 and the next 3 games are absolutely vital to our survival - Palace, Huddersfield and West Ham.

We're proper shit and completely unbalanced. People need to realize it quickly.

It's hard to listen to people laugh off relegation like its nothing to worry about. I'm not in full freak out mode, but relegation can happen for this team if we're not careful.

December 02, 2017, 10:18:45 AM
Reply #8

bluenuck

Prepare yourselves for benteke, lads.

Then we get a player like shawcross or dann in, and a left back we've never heard of.

Moshiri isn't going to give an 18 month deal manager a blank cheque in January. We also need players in those positions that can hit the ground running. So None of this Sandro or klassen experiments.

Add those 3 players to bolasie Coleman and Barkley coming back and we'll be fine.

And I'm not saying this is what I want to happen. It's what I'm expecting to happen with the predicament we're in. It's all about finishing 10th or better right now, sadly.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 10:22:12 AM by bluenuck »

December 02, 2017, 01:30:02 PM
Reply #9

bluenuck

Benteke is fucked, please stop it with these shouts.

Our search is limited though.

We need someone who can hit the ground running after 1-2 games. So it has to be an experienced EPL player. It really narrows the search.

If not benteke. Who?  We'll have to pay even more for a young up and coming PL striker.

Again, I don't want this, but it's the predicament we're in right now, and our new manager likes a big target man.

December 02, 2017, 01:35:48 PM
Reply #10

bluenuck

I think you're missing my point. Benteke is fucked.

I'm sorry, am I missing something?

He played the full 90 3 days ago.

December 02, 2017, 01:50:15 PM
Reply #11

bluenuck

Do you remember how finished Yakubu was as a top striker after he ruptured his achillies? Well...

Alright.

So he's not "fucked". You just think he's fucked.

So we're buying him. Lol