November 20, 2017, 02:04:54 AM

Author Topic: Which striker to go for in January?  (Read 10113 times)

Cassius and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

November 09, 2017, 02:57:26 PM
Reply #195

Hawkandro

Gamiero and Dost.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

deCoubertin

November 09, 2017, 03:05:36 PM
Reply #196

dangermouse

Calling it now. Andy Carroll & Benteke :(
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

November 09, 2017, 04:20:51 PM
Reply #197

GrantyBoy78

Slimani is the only reasonable shout. He wants out and he’s not getting much game time so Leicester might let him go...unless they’re down in the shit with us.

Going to be Heart-breaking paying £40m for a 29 year old who is Leicester’s 4th choice striker. Modern football.

November 10, 2017, 12:52:00 AM
Reply #198

kramer0

It's not worth signing anybody older than 25 unless they're named Dzeko or Giroud (or someone else of that ilk who we're yet to be linked with). And even then... for a team with a mid-table ceiling (this season, at least), is it worth spending big for a class 30+ year old? I'm not convinced.

There are forwards who are useful today with plenty of good years left to give. If Walsh can't find any of them, add it to the list of reasons why he should fuck off.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 01:03:35 AM by kramer0 »

November 10, 2017, 10:15:50 AM
Reply #199

bluenuck

Volland. Muto. Gregoritsch 

I watch a lot of bundesliga.

November 10, 2017, 12:28:26 PM
Reply #200

BlueBeagle

It's not worth signing anybody older than 25

What a ridiculous thing to say

November 10, 2017, 04:01:06 PM
Reply #201

BlueNoseMike

Tricky one this. If the plan, despite how unrealistic it seems, is to wait for a Simeone type at the end of the season, then I don't really want an interim chap to splash 40 or 50 million on players in January that the coach/manager next season might not want. Yes I know the point of a DOF is to reduce this to some extent and the coach is to get on with it. But I wouldn't like the idea of spending big on Benteke only for the new coach to not want him 6 months later.

If that becomes the situation it probably limits our targets even more

November 10, 2017, 05:33:05 PM
Reply #202

GrantyBoy78

Tricky one this. If the plan, despite how unrealistic it seems, is to wait for a Simeone type at the end of the season, then I don't really want an interim chap to splash 40 or 50 million on players in January that the coach/manager next season might not want. Yes I know the point of a DOF is to reduce this to some extent and the coach is to get on with it. But I wouldn't like the idea of spending big on Benteke only for the new coach to not want him 6 months later.

If that becomes the situation it probably limits our targets even more
Yep...so this season is essentially a write-off...with no guarantees we’ll improve next season. Fucking hell, I’m not going to live forever.

It really is the hope that kills you.

November 10, 2017, 05:53:07 PM
Reply #203

Waltzer

Whoever we get, if they're not paraded in front of the cameras on the 2nd January, latest, someone needs shooting, even more than they did after the summer

November 10, 2017, 07:55:29 PM
Reply #204

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I actually think sorting out the defence could be argued is the priority.

We are scoring SOME goals, but we’re fucking leaking at the back. Slow as fuck an all.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 10, 2017, 08:00:00 PM
Reply #205

Waltzer

We are scoring SOME goals, but we’re fucking leaking at the back. Slow as fuck an all.
Weve scored 10 in 11 league games and 3 of those were in the last game! i agree that both need addressing but we have much better options at the back than up top, I also think a striker would ease the pressure on the defence as the opposition wouldnt be able to push up so high, knowing they have no striker to worry about

November 10, 2017, 08:01:19 PM
Reply #206

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Weve scored 10 in 11 league games and 3 of those were in the last game! i agree that both need addressing but we have much better options at the back than up top, I also think a striker would ease the pressure on the defence as the opposition wouldnt be able to push up so high, knowing they have no striker to worry about

Not 100% sure. Burnley have scored like 9 and are 7th.

We have attackers who are young, we only have Holgate who is squad player at best who is young at the back.

Need 3-4 new peak defenders soon.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 08:15:06 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 10, 2017, 09:24:59 PM
Reply #207

Waltzer

Not 100% sure. Burnley have scored like 9 and are 7th.

We have attackers who are young, we only have Holgate who is squad player at best who is young at the back.

Need 3-4 new peak defenders soon.

Thats true about Burnley, although id still rather win 4-3 than 1-0. lets just go down the Newcastle route.....

November 10, 2017, 10:00:21 PM
Reply #208

bluenuck

Fully agree. But we just need A striker. An actual striker with experience who can lead the line and be at least a decent goal threat. Just one.

Then I hope it's all defenders after that. (In January)

November 10, 2017, 10:01:10 PM
Reply #209

dax78

Are we going to buy a left back, centre half and striker in January?
Hans segers is a legend ;)