November 18, 2017, 06:22:03 PM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 16154 times)

November 17, 2017, 01:56:31 PM
Reply #525

Waltzer

Unsworth is the most impressive English coach not managing a first team prior to taking reins. He's made brave decisions and he's shown a clear direction in how he wants the team to play and develop. For a team drained of confidence when he came in, poor defensively, no goals, he'd lost his first 3 games, we were 2-0 down at home and he didn't falter or panic, and things came good. Maybe some luck with keeper, but Lennon non penalty and few other moments that could have gone differently in other games before then.

We look more stable at the back, and pose much more of a threat going forward. Now he has a week to get players together for coaching and team building. 4 games in 13 days was a baptism of fire, first 3 away against very good opposition.

What is that statement based on about Unsie being the best English coach out there? Forgive my ignorance I dont follow English coaches a great deal, I know he did okay with the under 23s but not much else?

And we've conceded 9 goals in the 4 games in charge, I suppose its open to interpretation but that doesnt strike me as being more stable?

deCoubertin

November 17, 2017, 10:35:15 PM
Reply #526

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
No mate. Sacking a manager at a specific time to give the caretaker/new manager the best possible chance to start well (ie more winnable games) is genuinely a thing. That's not even an opinion or one side of a debate. It's something that happens all the time, and something that boards consider.

You wanted him sacked for so long and then complain we didn't keep him longer to give Unsworth a chance. Again, what a load of tosh.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

November 17, 2017, 10:36:45 PM
Reply #527

Bluedylan

You wanted him sacked for so long and then complain we didn't keep him longer to give Unsworth a chance. Again, what a load of tosh.

You know that's not what I'm saying, but you're being a knob deliberately. Jog on mate.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 17, 2017, 10:40:35 PM
Reply #528

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
You know that's not what I'm saying, but you're being a knob deliberately. Jog on mate.

No, I don't know what you saying. Sounds like you looking for excuses for Unsworth.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

November 17, 2017, 11:24:25 PM
Reply #529

Ridge

What is that statement based on about Unsie being the best English coach out there? Forgive my ignorance I dont follow English coaches a great deal, I know he did okay with the under 23s but not much else?

And we've conceded 9 goals in the 4 games in charge, I suppose its open to interpretation but that doesnt strike me as being more stable?

I was meaning, those not in senior management in PL or Championship. While U23s is a poor standard and none of the players are good enough to become real footballers, he did ok. He managed to win a few games and finished quite a few places off the bottom of the league.

Any half decent manager would be able to come in, wave his wand and turn us back into challenging for europe in first 10 days, not wait until first home league game. If we can't beat shit teams like Chelsea, Lyon in cup games and Leicester away, any new manager deserves to be sacked, things should go from shit to great overnight, they would be on course to win Europa league and competing for CL by now.

Koeman couldn't get team playing or turn it around in 20 games, despite his experience in management, but that's because of Steve Walsh spending 140m and not buying any good players. But those players have since become great again and we just need a big name manager, knows what it takes, who lots of people in media rate etc.

12 hours ago
Reply #530

everton1952

There is that rubbish again about spending 140m.

12 hours ago
Reply #531

therealdunc

Hopefully tomorrow is Unsworths last game in charge and he can move on to a league or non league club and get some proper experience of football management
Blue

7 hours ago
Reply #532

bluenuck

There is that rubbish again about spending 140m.

And the rubbish about not buying good players. Klassen, sig, and I'm sure Sandro and vlasic are very good players, too. We just didn't buy properly to build a balanced squad. There's a difference.

Oh, not to mention Pickford is a stud, and I think keane will come good if we actually get 3 defenders who can cover their positions properly.

« Last Edit: 7 hours ago by bluenuck »