November 18, 2017, 12:25:52 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce open to Everton talks  (Read 12260 times)

November 01, 2017, 02:51:11 PM
Reply #120

Macca77

Look what someone did

https://twitter.com/calgary_blue/status/925363999478251520

Do you want this, DO YOU!?

deCoubertin

November 01, 2017, 02:55:54 PM
Reply #121

BlueForYou

He's after a lucrative retirement pay day, one last hurrah - he can smell the blood of desperation (who can blame him?)

Don't fall for it, Farhad
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 01, 2017, 03:02:08 PM
Reply #122

Gary1878

Surely this can't happen. Sean Dyche is a better option than this. However, I would rather see us go for an ambitious long term option than a short term fix, so someone like Tuchel or Anchelotti.

If we are going short term fix, then give Unsworth the job until Xmas. Lets just see how he does against Watford at home. With the crowd supporting the team and some passion, hopefully we will get one goal off of Rooney's arsecheek and sneak a 1-0 win.

November 01, 2017, 03:10:06 PM
Reply #123

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
If we are really in the shit and we need saving, then Allardyce probably makes more sense than Dyche, as he's got a track record of saving clubs from the drop, Dyche is a bigger risk.
Also, if he come in and said to the board "listen, I only want to come here till the end of the season, save you from the drop and fuck off with a nice big bonus", I'd probably be all for that. We could then look at proper replacements after the end of the season when we can look for a manager who actually wants to take us forward, not just save us.
He can't take the club to where it wants to be, but he can help us out of this situation we find ourselves in, if he's digging his heels in for any longer than a 6 -8 month contract then we should move on.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

November 01, 2017, 03:42:10 PM
Reply #124

BlueNoseMike

Surely this can't happen. Sean Dyche is a better option than this. However, I would rather see us go for an ambitious long term option than a short term fix, so someone like Tuchel or Anchelotti.

If we are going short term fix, then give Unsworth the job until Xmas. Lets just see how he does against Watford at home. With the crowd supporting the team and some passion, hopefully we will get one goal off of Rooney's arsecheek and sneak a 1-0 win.

Ancelotti is not the man to go for. He's recent jobs have been mainly about managing egos and letting the players take control and run with it. He doesn't come across as someone as someone who is very hands on with the tactical side of things and isn't a very innovative manager. This isn't bashing him, he is great at what he does (3 European cup backs that up), but what he does isn't what would be great for us.

We need someone who is after a longer term project to run with and then back him on that. Carlo is not that guy, not sure he's ever been that guy, and definitely won't turn into that guy at this stage of his career.

November 01, 2017, 03:57:35 PM
Reply #125

Gary1878

Ancelotti is not the man to go for. He's recent jobs have been mainly about managing egos and letting the players take control and run with it. He doesn't come across as someone as someone who is very hands on with the tactical side of things and isn't a very innovative manager. This isn't bashing him, he is great at what he does (3 European cup backs that up), but what he does isn't what would be great for us.

We need someone who is after a longer term project to run with and then back him on that. Carlo is not that guy, not sure he's ever been that guy, and definitely won't turn into that guy at this stage of his career.

That sort of contradicts what he said a couple of days ago;

"I want a serious project that can give me time and serenity, even though I know itís not easy. I am just waiting and something will come.

The Premier League is a very interesting league of course. The atmosphere is amazing there, even if Bundesliga stadiums are also great."

Sounds pretty long term to me.

November 01, 2017, 04:15:34 PM
Reply #126

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Donít think heíd work here personally. Some of the stuff around his Bayern stint really turned me off, but obviously him or allardyce Iíd bite your hand off at the shoulder.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 01, 2017, 04:24:45 PM
Reply #127

BlueNoseMike

That sort of contradicts what he said a couple of days ago;

"I want a serious project that can give me time and serenity, even though I know itís not easy. I am just waiting and something will come.

The Premier League is a very interesting league of course. The atmosphere is amazing there, even if Bundesliga stadiums are also great."

Sounds pretty long term to me.

We'll have to agree to disagree on him then mate, not that I'd be daft enough to not consider him at all, especially when the main names at the moment have success with 2 small time Lancashire clubs as their biggest achievements in football.

I just get the feeling that what Ancelotti is good at is not entirely what we need. He has a pedigree of coming into a club full of big stars, massaging egos and being a safe pair of hands. He's not really been seen as a tactical genius in recent years and things have come out that have shown he is not very hands on.

At clubs like Chelsea, Madrid, Bayern, I think he just ran with what was already in place, with minor tweaks, rather than completely changed everything and went in a new innovative direction.

At Chelsea he just continued the good work that was first started by Jose. He also immediately followed Hiddink who himself had done an excellent job steadying the ship.

At Madrid he was following Jose again, who had done a lot of the groundwork in terms of ensuring Madrid competes with Barca.

At Bayern he was given the job to maintain the level of Pep.

What I'm saying is, with this type of approach we aren't going to get into the top 4 are we? He's never come in at a club that needs to leap forward a great deal. He's excellent at what he does though.

Maybe it would work I suppose. He may want this type of challenge as you say, but his history doesn't stack up.

Can I just add that yes he has won 3 champs leagues, but he has also only won 4 league titles in his career as a manager, is that a great track record  over a 20 year period as manager of 5 or 6 of the biggest and most dominant teams in club history?

November 01, 2017, 04:27:13 PM
Reply #128

BlueNoseMike

Don’t think he’d work here personally. Some of the stuff around his Bayern stint really turned me off, but obviously him or allardyce I’d bite your hand off at the shoulder.

This is what I'm alluding to. He's too laid back in his approach to be the guy that is tasked with taking a team on the periphery to competing with the elite.

It's a bit like zidane's role at Madrid, he is a success because his main task is to massage egos. That level of talent does not need too much tactical innovation to be great.

November 01, 2017, 04:36:28 PM
Reply #129

Gary1878

We'll have to agree to disagree on him then mate, not that I'd be daft enough to not consider him at all, especially when the main names at the moment have success with 2 small time Lancashire clubs as their biggest achievements in football.

I just get the feeling that what Ancelotti is good at is not entirely what we need. He has a pedigree of coming into a club full of big stars, massaging egos and being a safe pair of hands. He's not really been seen as a tactical genius in recent years and things have come out that have shown he is not very hands on.

At clubs like Chelsea, Madrid, Bayern, I think he just ran with what was already in place, with minor tweaks, rather than completely changed everything and went in a new innovative direction.

At Chelsea he just continued the good work that was first started by Jose. He also immediately followed Hiddink who himself had done an excellent job steadying the ship.

At Madrid he was following Jose again, who had done a lot of the groundwork in terms of ensuring Madrid competes with Barca.

At Bayern he was given the job to maintain the level of Pep.

What I'm saying is, with this type of approach we aren't going to get into the top 4 are we? He's never come in at a club that needs to leap forward a great deal. He's excellent at what he does though.

Maybe it would work I suppose. He may want this type of challenge as you say, but his history doesn't stack up.

Can I just add that yes he has won 3 champs leagues, but he has also only won 4 league titles in his career as a manager, is that a great track record  over a 20 year period as manager of 5 or 6 of the biggest and most dominant teams in club history?

All good points. All this talk of people like Allardyce and lower level managers just isn't where we should be aiming for though after spending over £100m in the summer.

Allardyce to me should be the boss of last resort (like a lender of last resort for Banks). Unless we are looking like we are about to genuinely suffer a relegation dogfight, you bring him in to keep you up. Perhaps it might be better to run with Unsworth for now and see how he does short term?

November 01, 2017, 04:46:09 PM
Reply #130

Paddockoldie

You also have to consider Anchelotti managed too teams with players that made them too teams... we haven't got that calibre of player. If he took over a shit team and won the CL I'd be more impressed but he hasn't done that, he's done it with Real, Bayern and I reckon I'd have a good go with those teams. We need someone who can work with less and get more. He's a luxury with no come back if he fucks up.

November 01, 2017, 04:46:30 PM
Reply #131

TheTone

I actually like the man so if he did get the job he'd have my full support

(glad I got that off my chest now)

November 01, 2017, 05:11:22 PM
Reply #132

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Worth remembering that when he actually managed a 'big club' in Newcastle he was massively out of his depth.

November 01, 2017, 06:08:02 PM
Reply #133

BlueNoseMike

All good points. All this talk of people like Allardyce and lower level managers just isn't where we should be aiming for though after spending over £100m in the summer.

Allardyce to me should be the boss of last resort (like a lender of last resort for Banks). Unless we are looking like we are about to genuinely suffer a relegation dogfight, you bring him in to keep you up. Perhaps it might be better to run with Unsworth for now and see how he does short term?

Yeah 100% agree. If the choice was Allardyce or Ancelotti, then it's option B all day for me. I am dreading being in whatsapp groups fullof Liverpool and united fans when/if Dyche or Allardyce get in. They're already having an absolute field day.

Doesn't help when the only other blue in the group, who hardly ever pops up, made a shout for Peter Reid the other day. I've took a bashing recently

November 01, 2017, 06:26:36 PM
Reply #134

Waltzer

I think people get hung up on the players we bought in and use this as a yard stick of how ambitious we are and who we should be going for. Yes we did spend circa £140 million, but we recouped £97 million and also sanctioned the sale of Barkley for £35 million meaning we would have only spent £10 million. Since Moshiri has joined this is a trend that hasnt gone away, we havent spent anymore than most teams in the league, fact. Moshiris attitude of 'oh well you'd expect us to lose to these teams' also doesn't strike be as a bloke that is overly ambitious either.

Ive said I dont want Big Sam and would prefer Tuchel or Ancelotti, but when you break it down are we actually ambitious enough for them to risk their reputation on or is Big Sam/Dyche where we should be pitching ourselves? I do think our squad is stronger than last year (minus the striker) but i dont think we've have provided enough evidence to suggest were going to be anything other than a top 10 team.