September 26, 2018, 09:51:53 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce open to Everton talks  (Read 23389 times)

November 06, 2017, 10:45:43 PM
Reply #210

TheTone

A gang of 60 year old English proper football men is what we need to compete with England and Europe's best.

Said no one ever.

ageist

November 06, 2017, 10:46:44 PM
Reply #211

TheTone

hates the shite though doesn't he

November 06, 2017, 11:05:29 PM
Reply #212

GrantyBoy78

hates the shite though doesn't he
TBF weíd probably beat the shite with Fat Sam as manager - heís set-piece the shit out of them.

November 06, 2017, 11:27:04 PM
Reply #213

kramer0

Like, I realize that's a cuntish take, especially the age/nationality stuff, but where are we going if we keep living in the past with these backroom appointments? Obviously, Walsh and Allardyce have enough on their CV to suggest that they're capable of running a football team well enough but are the edges they used to get say, 10 years ago, as valuable today?

Where are those next "firsts" coming from?

http://www.evertonfc.com/content/history/everton-firsts

Is anyone going to admire the way we play? Supporters included.

http://www.evertonfc.com/evertontv/archive/2014/08/21/the-history-of-the-school-of-science

One of the things that attracted a foreigner/nerd like myself to Everton is its history of being a forward-thinking club. If you think that affects the validity of my opinions... fine. But I think there are a lot of edges we're leaving on the table right now because we're beholden to "real football men" like Walsh, Koeman, and now maybe Allardyce. Europe is littered with clubs that have a fraction of our resources but play better football and get better results on the continent. We could crush the lot of them if we put the right people in charge. Maybe it's just out of our reach to compete with the top, top clubs (i.e. the mega rich) but there's no reason why we shouldn't be nipping at their heels, ready to overtake them if they stumble.

November 06, 2017, 11:34:12 PM
Reply #214

Evertonian in NC

Like, I realize that's a cuntish take, especially the age/nationality stuff, but where are we going if we keep living in the past with these backroom appointments? Obviously, Walsh and Allardyce have enough on their CV to suggest that they're capable of running a football team well enough but are the edges they used to get say, 10 years ago, as valuable today?

http://www.evertonfc.com/evertontv/archive/2014/08/21/the-history-of-the-school-of-science

One of the things that attracted a foreigner/nerd like myself to Everton is its history of being a forward-thinking club. If you think that affects the validity of my opinions... fine. But I think there are a lot of edges we're leaving on the table right now because we're beholden to "real football men" like Walsh, Koeman, and now maybe Allardyce. Europe is littered with clubs that have a fraction of our resources but play better football and get better results on the continent. We could crush the lot of them if we put the right people in charge. Maybe it's just out of our reach to compete with the top, top clubs (i.e. the mega rich) but there's no reason why we shouldn't be nipping at their heels, ready to overtake them if they stumble.

I whole-heartedly agree, we need an identity badly.  To differentiate ourselves to the next generation of fans.  And as the people's club, that identity should be progressive, embracing our heritage (School of Science) whist moving and looking to the future.

We have enough money to embrace a vision.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 06, 2017, 11:37:37 PM
Reply #215

therealdunc

Stop over analysing and coming out with Ďfuture visioní rubbish and letís simply get in a half decent manager who can win some games.

The rest will follow
Blue

November 06, 2017, 11:52:39 PM
Reply #216

GrantyBoy78

Genuine question: how many premier league teams play good football?

November 07, 2017, 12:01:42 AM
Reply #217

sirblue57

Yes, thank you.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

November 07, 2017, 12:31:55 AM
Reply #218

Simon Paul

Administrator
Genuine question: how many premier league teams play good football?

November 07, 2017, 12:36:33 AM
Reply #219

Bluedylan

It's amusing the arguments people will stretch to, in order to justify employing this fella.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 07, 2017, 12:37:57 AM
Reply #220

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
letís simply get in a half decent manager who can win some games.

NSNO
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 07, 2017, 12:40:44 AM
Reply #221

Bluedylan

Never imagined I'd say this about anyone, but I'd rather've kept Koeman (or even Martinez) than getting Allardyce.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 07, 2017, 01:03:29 AM
Reply #222

Macca77

Breaking news on sky now

November 07, 2017, 01:03:56 AM
Reply #223

The Analog Kid

Heís held talks with Moshiri

November 07, 2017, 01:04:36 AM
Reply #224

blue slug

Itís looking pretty likely fat head sam is going to be in till end of season, moyes going to West Ham