December 19, 2018, 06:28:03 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce open to Everton talks  (Read 25259 times)

November 07, 2017, 03:55:11 PM
Reply #315

Dr. Sponge

Why would Ancelotti want to come to us?

But alright, if we can't get the kind of manager that everyone wants at the moment, because they're unavailable or we're performing like a pile of dog shit, then isn't this the best option?

We can't keep Unsworth in, he's out of his depth. I love the man but he's not ready for a PL manager's role yet. We went 2 down against Watford at home and were lucky to get anything out of the game.

Shipping goals every game, we need someone in to sort the defence out. At the moment we're easily one of the worst teams in the league.

November 07, 2017, 04:50:56 PM
Reply #316

Macca77

But alright, if we can't get the kind of manager that everyone wants at the moment, because they're unavailable or we're performing like a pile of dog shit, then isn't this the best option?

We can't keep Unsworth in, he's out of his depth. I love the man but he's not ready for a PL manager's role yet. We went 2 down against Watford at home and were lucky to get anything out of the game.

Shipping goals every game, we need someone in to sort the defence out. At the moment we're easily one of the worst teams in the league.

Erm maybe because we could pay a lot of money

November 07, 2017, 04:54:20 PM
Reply #317

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

So that theory would equally apply to Pochetino, Guardiola, Mourinho, Heynkes, Zidane wouldn't it .
Why not go after one of them 😀

November 07, 2017, 04:58:05 PM
Reply #318

Major Clanger

The human brain's ability to retionalise even the most absurd things is both wonderful and terrifying.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

November 07, 2017, 05:00:41 PM
Reply #319

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
The human brain's ability to retionalise even the most absurd things is both wonderful and terrifying.

So profound :snigger:

November 07, 2017, 05:04:32 PM
Reply #320

Waltzer

So that theory would equally apply to Pochetino, Guardiola, Mourinho, Heynkes, Zidane wouldn't it .

Did you really just put this? Koeman was the 8th best manager in world football however, Pochetino, Guardiola, Mourinho, Heynkes, Zidane are all on significantly more or at better clubs. Ancelloti is out of work so 6 million a year might be appealing, just a thought though!!

November 07, 2017, 05:04:52 PM
Reply #321

Major Clanger

So profound :snigger:

If I told you a year ago that people would be welcoming Allardyce at Everton with open arms, you'd have laughed in my face and rightly so.

Obviously we haven't changed much in that time and neither has he. So what exactly happened here?

November 07, 2017, 05:04:56 PM
Reply #322

Macca77

November 07, 2017, 05:05:56 PM
Reply #323

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Sorry but you can't argue with any of this article !

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/11116569/sam-allardyce-to-everton-how-could-his-methods-help-them
I can.

We’ve won more than 3 games in all competitions this season. I believe we have won 7 games in all competitions.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

November 07, 2017, 05:07:21 PM
Reply #324

montanatoffeefan

Because they're currently all employed at clubs in far better positions domestically than we are and heading for the Champions League knockout stage.

And because they're all already getting paid a lot of money.
Everton forever.

November 07, 2017, 05:13:33 PM
Reply #325

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Because they're currently all employed at clubs in far better positions domestically than we are and heading for the Champions League knockout stage.

This reply also for Walzer - My point is if money is the only object then everyone has their price, to suggest that Ancelloti would be interested purely because of the money is unrealistic, as unrealistic as the prospect of any of those other names, whether he is employed or not, he is sufficiently wealthy enough not to grasp at straws.

November 07, 2017, 05:21:28 PM
Reply #326

MmmblueBernard

« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 05:24:22 PM by MmmBlueRamirez »
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

November 07, 2017, 05:22:09 PM
Reply #327

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
If I told you a year ago that people would be welcoming Allardyce at Everton with open arms, you'd have laughed in my face and rightly so.

Obviously we haven't changed much in that time and neither has he. So what exactly happened here?

I guess the answer to that question is a year ago we had far higher expectations of what we could achieve than now.

November 07, 2017, 05:27:52 PM
Reply #328

plumber

Ancelotti is getting paid by Bayern till the end of the season. And next season some bigger clubs than Everton will almost certainly offer him a job.

Ancelotti coming to Everton is as much realistic as buying Draxler or James Rodriguez.

November 07, 2017, 05:28:16 PM
Reply #329

Major Clanger

I guess the answer to that question is a year ago we had far higher expectations of what we could achieve than now.

But even a month ago most people would've baulked at the very idea.