July 17, 2018, 03:08:54 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce open to Everton talks  (Read 21861 times)

November 07, 2017, 05:28:24 PM
Reply #330

weeverfish

If sams in im out .major step backwards

November 07, 2017, 05:33:46 PM
Reply #331

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
And indeed some still do but your question asks what has changed in a year, a year ago we were fairly confident of a top 6 finish this season, we knew that our world class manager had two transfer windows left before the start of the season and the promise of a war chest to buy whoever he wanted, what could possibly go wrong !

November 07, 2017, 05:38:10 PM
Reply #332

Macca77

Thatís made my day.

<walks down corridor, jumps up and clicks heels>

Here's footage of me and my mum from earlier today, 20 seconds into the clip

« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 05:39:13 PM by Macca77 »

November 07, 2017, 06:22:48 PM
Reply #333

Hawkandro

Ancelotti is getting paid by Bayern till the end of the season. And next season some bigger clubs than Everton will almost certainly offer him a job.

Ancelotti coming to Everton is as much realistic as buying Draxler or James Rodriguez.

#WelcomeDraxler
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

November 07, 2017, 06:22:58 PM
Reply #334

SANA_DR0

initially i was against him.. still am kinda.. but from what i've read, he wants us to move the ball faster, to win the ball from knockdowns, play the ball upfield more.. to use width and pace..

everything we have lost.

still not sure.. but i have to put my personal opinions of him to the side, and rate him on his managerial attributes (which i dont really rate)

hope we get someone else.. but i dont really mind if we get sam now :S

which fucking sucks, as im sure Unsworth would do a better job.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

November 07, 2017, 07:17:30 PM
Reply #335

Bluedylan

Can't stand him, don't want him associated with the club. Couldn't give a toss how 'effective' he is. We're a win away from mid-table, and 4 points behind 8th in the league. No need for panic stations or awful short-term appointments.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 07, 2017, 07:24:47 PM
Reply #336

Macca77

Can't stand him, don't want him associated with the club. Couldn't give a toss how 'effective' he is. We're a win away from mid-table, and 4 points behind 8th in the league. No need for panic stations or awful short-term appointments.

Exactly!!

Hiring Allardyce stinks of desperation, keep saying it, but the thought of him as our manager really does make me sick

November 07, 2017, 07:35:54 PM
Reply #337

boothill

If he is so bloody good, then why didnt the bloody hammers want him back

November 07, 2017, 07:37:51 PM
Reply #338

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Who said they didn't ?

November 07, 2017, 07:40:06 PM
Reply #339

ally2

I think there's a serious underestimation of our predicament and Allardyce's proven abilities to stabilise and improve teams in our current situation. Heaven only knows how we won on Sunday. We belong in 19th and our squad is a mess. Those who advocate Allardyce are not necessarily saying that he's what we want, but he is probably what we need.

November 07, 2017, 07:40:38 PM
Reply #340

boothill

Who said they didn't ?
It would have been all over the news, sams pr team couldnt resist it, the self induced negative way hes viewed

November 07, 2017, 07:42:01 PM
Reply #341

Bluedylan

Marco Silva's interview the other day sounded like he was lifting his skirt for us, which surprised me. Made me think he might be gettable now.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 07, 2017, 07:44:27 PM
Reply #342

Macca77

Marco Silva's interview the other day sounded like he was lifting his skirt for us, which surprised me. Made me think he might be gettable now.

Alan Brazil apparently said this morning that we have already held lengthy discussions with Watford about Silva's availability

November 07, 2017, 08:02:16 PM
Reply #343

Ross

Apparently their owners donít like appointing managers who are contracted elsewhere because of the compensation pay outs, and part of the agreement with Allardyce leaving Palace was a deal he didnít take another job in the league this season and if he does Palace are due £2m in compensation.

Sounds plausible.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 07, 2017, 08:06:08 PM
Reply #344

boothill

Apparently their owners don't like appointing managers who are contracted elsewhere because of the compensation pay outs, and part of the agreement with Allardyce leaving Palace was a deal he didn't take another job in the league this season and if he does Palace are due £2m in compensation.

Sounds plausible.
But if he was that good surely they'ed of paid that, not a lot in footy terms