December 19, 2018, 08:29:46 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce open to Everton talks  (Read 25261 times)

November 15, 2017, 09:01:29 PM
Reply #15

Bluedylan

I suspect this is the problem causing the delay. They have a chance of some decent looking options available in the summer, but aren't sure about Unsy until the end of the season. The Allardyce thing could be media invention, played up to by him, but after hearing nothing from us now he's changed his tune. The 'someone until the end of the season' trope in the media is educated guesswork (possibly confirmed to some degree by some source) but the Allardyce and Dyche links are just the media playing their game. Silva and maybe some of the big names are possibly true, although again mostly guesswork I would think. The media must be loving our lack of action, means they can spin something new every day and we'll keep on clicking.

Yeah I don't think Prentice's comments were guesswork. It wasn't written for clicks, it was said on a podcast with a clear indication that he had the information from a source.

The reason I believe it is that he isn't a sensationalist or click bait merchant. If he doesn't know something or hasn't heard anything he tends to just say 'I don't know' rather than just blag it.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 15, 2017, 09:05:58 PM
Reply #16

Bluedylan

Christ if there was a whiff we could get Simeone at the end of the season i'd be tempted to go with Unsy until then

Although i'd be crapping myself that we'd get relegated

Now THAT is a tough decision if true

It's probably like a 5% chance. Simeone's representatives are probably putting the feelers out around Europe for options for next season, if the Atletico time is coming to an end.

Would imagine he'll go to Inter for his next job.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.