December 10, 2018, 02:13:33 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce open to Everton talks  (Read 24951 times)

October 31, 2017, 07:55:45 PM
Read 24951 times

Evertonian in NC

I'd kiss Moyes feet and ginger arse if this is truly the alternative.

/hangs self
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 31, 2017, 10:35:56 PM
Reply #1

Evertonian in NC

I will honestly give up if we get him in. Seriously.

This would be reverting back to pre-Moyes era shit.

Lord give me strength. What has become of us??

Give me a name out of the Liverpool phone book.  Christ, give me a name out of the Raleigh, NC phone book.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 31, 2017, 10:44:10 PM
Reply #2

Evertonian in NC

Yes, I am not willing to trade our good name and honour in on 31 Oct, FFS.  No matter how concerned I am.  There are dozens of football managers who could lead Everton to fucking SAFETY, now be a leader damn it.

November 06, 2017, 11:34:12 PM
Reply #3

Evertonian in NC

Like, I realize that's a cuntish take, especially the age/nationality stuff, but where are we going if we keep living in the past with these backroom appointments? Obviously, Walsh and Allardyce have enough on their CV to suggest that they're capable of running a football team well enough but are the edges they used to get say, 10 years ago, as valuable today?

Where are those next "firsts" coming from?

http://www.evertonfc.com/content/history/everton-firsts

Is anyone going to admire the way we play? Supporters included.

http://www.evertonfc.com/evertontv/archive/2014/08/21/the-history-of-the-school-of-science

One of the things that attracted a foreigner/nerd like myself to Everton is its history of being a forward-thinking club. If you think that affects the validity of my opinions... fine. But I think there are a lot of edges we're leaving on the table right now because we're beholden to "real football men" like Walsh, Koeman, and now maybe Allardyce. Europe is littered with clubs that have a fraction of our resources but play better football and get better results on the continent. We could crush the lot of them if we put the right people in charge. Maybe it's just out of our reach to compete with the top, top clubs (i.e. the mega rich) but there's no reason why we shouldn't be nipping at their heels, ready to overtake them if they stumble.

I whole-heartedly agree, we need an identity badly.  To differentiate ourselves to the next generation of fans.  And as the people's club, that identity should be progressive, embracing our heritage (School of Science) whist moving and looking to the future.

We have enough money to embrace a vision.

November 07, 2017, 01:47:41 AM
Reply #4

Evertonian in NC

We simply can't do this, and NO I will never accept it.  NSNO.

November 07, 2017, 10:00:33 PM
Reply #5

Evertonian in NC

Silva was my original vote, and I stand by it.

There should be absolutely no price on our honour, therefore Allardyce even being considered is shocking.

November 17, 2017, 05:14:58 AM
Reply #6

Evertonian in NC

https://twitter.com/AllezAllezEFC/status/931097223508758528

I would have done a spit take with my coffee had I been drinking my coffee when I first read this.