September 22, 2018, 08:03:57 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce open to Everton talks  (Read 23259 times)

November 07, 2017, 01:53:20 AM
Reply #255

KoemansNumberTens

The idea of a short term appointment to see us through to the summer is fine.

Except recruiting Sam Allardyce as the short term option makes me question who the long term person they have in mind is.

Howard Wilkinson maybe? Stuart fucking Pearce?

Chelsea appointed Guus Hiddink as an interim to tide them over. That's how big clubs behave.

What about Roberto Di Matteo or Avram Grant as a compromise then

November 07, 2017, 01:54:06 AM
Reply #256

The Analog Kid

The couple of weeks over the international break would be enough to look and speak to a few managers I would have thought, so speaking to Allerdyce as a temp option, cos that’s all he’ll be, is pointless.

November 07, 2017, 01:55:38 AM
Reply #257

sirblue57

both vast improvements on fat sam. or Dyche.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

November 07, 2017, 01:55:51 AM
Reply #258

blue slug

We’re not a big club though Cassius in the eyes of most people and hiddink wasn’t coming in with Chelsea in the bottom 3 playing like utter shite

November 07, 2017, 02:02:08 AM
Reply #259

toshyboy

Buzzing off some of the reactions on here - both ways. At the end of the day it’s a stop gap cos we can’t attract who we want be it through availability or our shit position. He’s a safe pair of hands for 6/18 months or whatever it turns out to be. Even if he’s given 2.5 years, don’t expect him to be here for the duration. His job is effectively to get us back to being an attractive proposition (I.e best of rest), then if not this summer then the next move on.

It’s good business sense whether he’s a cunt or not. All this “were too good for him attitude” is all a bit West Ham for me

November 07, 2017, 02:03:33 AM
Reply #260

Django

Sam Allardyce has never been relegated.

Everton: ‘hold my chang’

November 07, 2017, 02:04:03 AM
Reply #261

TheTone

is right the big man  lolol

November 07, 2017, 02:07:39 AM
Reply #262

Django

Wouldn’t worry too much RE fat Sam - Sky are only reporting something that took place last week. Talks in Canary Wharf. I reckon he’s our back up option. Shame we didn’t take the same stance with the Giroud saga.

November 07, 2017, 02:08:37 AM
Reply #263

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

both vast improvements on fat sam. or Dyche.

I just don't think a temporary manager is a great way to go here. I think it's a big window coming up in terms of who we need to sign. It's almost as important as the managerial choice, why would we want a temporary manager to sign a striker on a 4 year deal or something?

Ok, we could procrastinate on that too and get a loan in but it just doesn't seem like a great way to go.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 02:09:43 AM by blueToffee »

November 07, 2017, 02:08:46 AM
Reply #264

eyesalwaysblue

Has he got better moves than Martinez?
I still despise Clive Thomas..

November 07, 2017, 02:09:47 AM
Reply #265

Simon Paul

Administrator
Sky will be taking huge money on Fat Sam and we'll get Dyche as planned

Farhad helping his mates again

November 07, 2017, 02:10:26 AM
Reply #266

arteta4spain

Been hearing that Moshiri wants Silva but Walsh wants Allardyce. Anyone clarify if that's doing the rounds?

November 07, 2017, 02:10:48 AM
Reply #267

BlueBeagle

November 07, 2017, 02:11:06 AM
Reply #268

dax78

Why is it?
Like it or not, we are a complete shambles on the field, no cohesion, no identity and can't defend for shit. His entire career he had made the best of the resources at hand and I believe he is ideal to get us playing as a team, set up correctly, defending well, and most importantly getting results. Thus will ultimately breed confidence in the players, get us playing to our potential and elevating us up the league, which will make us an entirely more attractive proposition for the new manager, along with a bit of spending power and a new stadium on the horizon.
Hans segers is a legend ;)

November 07, 2017, 02:12:05 AM
Reply #269

Mayor Farnum

I don't know why everyone is assuming it's a short term contract. He won't sign on for just six months as it'll make him look desperate.