November 22, 2018, 05:40:17 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce open to Everton talks  (Read 24627 times)

November 01, 2017, 03:35:41 AM
Read 24627 times

kramer0

Would be so Moshiri/Kenwright to piss away another fuck ton of money doing something panicky.

November 06, 2017, 10:31:16 PM
Reply #1

kramer0

A gang of 60 year old English proper football men is what we need to compete with England and Europe's best.

Said no one ever.

November 06, 2017, 11:27:04 PM
Reply #2

kramer0

Like, I realize that's a cuntish take, especially the age/nationality stuff, but where are we going if we keep living in the past with these backroom appointments? Obviously, Walsh and Allardyce have enough on their CV to suggest that they're capable of running a football team well enough but are the edges they used to get say, 10 years ago, as valuable today?

Where are those next "firsts" coming from?

http://www.evertonfc.com/content/history/everton-firsts

Is anyone going to admire the way we play? Supporters included.

http://www.evertonfc.com/evertontv/archive/2014/08/21/the-history-of-the-school-of-science

One of the things that attracted a foreigner/nerd like myself to Everton is its history of being a forward-thinking club. If you think that affects the validity of my opinions... fine. But I think there are a lot of edges we're leaving on the table right now because we're beholden to "real football men" like Walsh, Koeman, and now maybe Allardyce. Europe is littered with clubs that have a fraction of our resources but play better football and get better results on the continent. We could crush the lot of them if we put the right people in charge. Maybe it's just out of our reach to compete with the top, top clubs (i.e. the mega rich) but there's no reason why we shouldn't be nipping at their heels, ready to overtake them if they stumble.

November 07, 2017, 02:54:26 AM
Reply #3

kramer0

In a good backroom structure, with a good director of football, the DoF should absolutely be deciding the manager.

Walsh, though? Meh. Should have flushed him alongside Koeman.

November 07, 2017, 08:49:15 AM
Reply #4

kramer0

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it does bemuse how much Allardyce's performances as a manager are under-appreciated.

If an Italian manager with the name Georgio "Sick Hairline" Lippocini had brought a Bolton side up from the Championship and within a few seasons had them doing well in Europe and only a few points from the CL positions...

Saved Palace, Blackburn and Sunderland from likely looking relegations...

Did average at Newcastle and West Ham (incl. a promotion)...

Took sports-science research in the PL to new levels...

Then I bet there would be a different opinion of him. I realise I sound like his PR guy here, but it really annoys me when people jump on a bandwagon of criticism.

#lippocini4manager

I don't think that's entirely right. There are Italian managers with much greater accomplishments on their CV that I'd absolutely hate for Everton right now. Ancelotti, Mancini, probably some others if you named them. Same deal if you switch the nationality.

All of the work Allardyce did with Charles Reep's ideas worked well for him when he was at, say, Bolton but I'm skeptical that he gets any big edges from them today. What he does is good enough to outperform the hacks who manage at the bottom of the table but it's not getting Everton, or any club, within touching distance of anybody who's truly good. Would be a regressive move for the club on the pitch, not to mention all the money he and his old pal Steve Walsh are going to skim off the top of our transfers.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 09:00:33 AM by kramer0 »

November 09, 2017, 10:09:36 PM
Reply #5

kramer0

Only because of the football side. They'd not be 1 objection if it was guardiola with the same issues outside football. Think people should at least be honest as to why they don't want him

Oh yeah.

I'd probably have a corrupt manager who's also a Brendan Rodgers level cringe-bag if he was on par with Guardiola/Pochettino in terms of tactical nous, man management, and player development.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 10:11:56 PM by kramer0 »