November 18, 2017, 03:32:58 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce open to Everton talks  (Read 12204 times)

November 10, 2017, 11:36:31 PM
Reply #465

KoemansNumberTens

Out of interest, who did @KoemansNumberTens used to be on here?

It's been bugging me for a couple of days.

MartinezsLeftTeste was changed at my constant complaints about our many number 10s. I was right though

deCoubertin

November 10, 2017, 11:39:55 PM
Reply #466

velimski

MartinezsLeftTeste was changed at my constant complaints about our many number 10s. I was right though

Ah yes. It all makes sense now.

November 10, 2017, 11:52:44 PM
Reply #467

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

November 11, 2017, 03:05:47 AM
Reply #468

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Now I know you like to wind me up but 'achievements ' ? Are you serious ? sacked by Sporting and Olympiacos ( who normally win the 1 horse race Greek League ) and relegated with Hull . Man for the job then .

He won the taca with Sporting and then was sacked for not wearing the club suit.

He broke records for straight wins and won a league with olympiakos. He then quit.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 11, 2017, 04:23:12 AM
Reply #469

Jamokachi

Championship resume or thereabouts .

Bit disingenuous that. You can only win what's in front of you.

November 12, 2017, 06:17:46 PM
Reply #470

Rodenplav64

Bit disingenuous that. You can only win what's in front of you.

Not really I just don't think he is proven . I also accept Unsworth is unproven but for the time being I really don't think the club needs to clear out everyone again so I would leave him till the summer and I would want his replacement to have Unsworth as his assistant as sooner or later the Managerial merry go round catches up on clubs like ours and you need someone in place to take over the running of the club . I haven't said Silva is shite by the way just a bit meh and unproven .

November 15, 2017, 07:38:29 PM
Reply #471

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber

November 15, 2017, 07:43:21 PM
Reply #472

Macca77

Shit myself when this thread popped up again.

November 15, 2017, 07:52:29 PM
Reply #473

Toddacelli

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

November 15, 2017, 08:06:18 PM
Reply #474

Bluedylan

The number of RS pundits who said words to the effect that 'Allardyce would be a good fit' at Everton was doing my fucking head in, like we're a group of neanderthals, happy to watch any old garbage. Mickey Quinn was the most recent (cannot stand that cunt).

I couldn't have accepted him at the club on any level.

As an interesting aside, David Prentice from the Echo said that Simeone's representatives contacted Everton to express interest next summer, not the other way around.

Doesn't mean we'd get him like but I still think a lot of our fans underestimate what an attractive proposition we are. No need to go after people like Allardyce and make ourselves genuinely a laughing stock.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 15, 2017, 08:39:46 PM
Reply #475

toffee_scot

Sometimes Everton's indecision does pay off!

November 15, 2017, 08:47:53 PM
Reply #476

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber

November 15, 2017, 08:53:16 PM
Reply #477

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
The number of RS pundits who said words to the effect that 'Allardyce would be a good fit' at Everton was doing my fucking head in, like we're a group of neanderthals, happy to watch any old garbage. Mickey Quinn was the most recent (cannot stand that cunt).

As an interesting aside, David Prentice from the Echo said that Simeone's representatives contacted Everton to express interest next summer, not the other way around.

Doesn't mean we'd get him like but I still think a lot of our fans underestimate what an attractive proposition we are. No need to go after people like Allardyce and make ourselves genuinely a laughing stock.

I suspect this is the problem causing the delay. They have a chance of some decent looking options available in the summer, but aren't sure about Unsy until the end of the season. The Allardyce thing could be media invention, played up to by him, but after hearing nothing from us now he's changed his tune. The 'someone until the end of the season' trope in the media is educated guesswork (possibly confirmed to some degree by some source) but the Allardyce and Dyche links are just the media playing their game. Silva and maybe some of the big names are possibly true, although again mostly guesswork I would think. The media must be loving our lack of action, means they can spin something new every day and we'll keep on clicking.

November 15, 2017, 09:01:29 PM
Reply #478

Bluedylan

I suspect this is the problem causing the delay. They have a chance of some decent looking options available in the summer, but aren't sure about Unsy until the end of the season. The Allardyce thing could be media invention, played up to by him, but after hearing nothing from us now he's changed his tune. The 'someone until the end of the season' trope in the media is educated guesswork (possibly confirmed to some degree by some source) but the Allardyce and Dyche links are just the media playing their game. Silva and maybe some of the big names are possibly true, although again mostly guesswork I would think. The media must be loving our lack of action, means they can spin something new every day and we'll keep on clicking.

Yeah I don't think Prentice's comments were guesswork. It wasn't written for clicks, it was said on a podcast with a clear indication that he had the information from a source.

The reason I believe it is that he isn't a sensationalist or click bait merchant. If he doesn't know something or hasn't heard anything he tends to just say 'I don't know' rather than just blag it.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 15, 2017, 09:02:16 PM
Reply #479

Sixx1402

Christ if there was a whiff we could get Simeone at the end of the season i'd be tempted to go with Unsy until then

Although i'd be crapping myself that we'd get relegated

Now THAT is a tough decision if true
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume