November 21, 2017, 06:17:55 PM

Author Topic: Perspective  (Read 6036 times)

November 02, 2017, 10:43:48 PM
Reply #120

KoemansNumberTens

That 1st half could, with the tinyist bit of luck been 1 1, that og could have gone over or wide, if he hadnt touched it, it was going in the arms of pickford, it was a nailed on pen we were denied. Its seems true, that when you are down there lady luck turns her head away. Maybe im wrong, but i cant remember pickford having a save to make other than their 1st, which was a great goal, that was like the goals we scored with trevor steven marauding down the right. And a flukey deflection, and had no chance of either. But you are right on shite performance though

Was only half watching (it's all I can manage these days) but I'm pretty sure they missed a couple of sitters 2nd half. I agree we could have been level with a bit of luck here and there but the reality is over the season so far our performances have actually been worse than our dreadful results. Even in our best halves (there's only been a couple) we have lots of possession and create nothing. We barely control any periods and create even less chances

We've got 5 relatively easy games in the league now. I wouldn't be surprised if we got 9 or 10 points but I wouldn't be surprised if we got 1 or 2 and were adrift. Frighteningly I think the first situation is based on our delusional that we are just gonna click soon

deCoubertin

November 02, 2017, 10:49:15 PM
Reply #121

Everton Mint

Poor early season performances, granted. But we have played many of the Top 6 amongst those games.

And despite everything we are still within a win of mid-table.

There have been teams that looked absolutely down in March that have stayed up.

Absolutely no need to panic, either as fans, or as a club in getting a new manager.

November 03, 2017, 01:41:45 AM
Reply #122

Heisenberg

I think the real issue with everton is illustrated with the team selection tonight and moshiris recent comments. Before matches we are grouping games into 'ones we will lose' and 'ones we could win'. Its a club of losers top to bottom. The only person who has actually GOT us in the past 2 decades has been Martinez, which is pretty sad really. There is no way we will grow as a club making an appoinment like dyche or allarydyce. We need a winner ffs

November 03, 2017, 02:06:17 AM
Reply #123

bacon sarnie

Couldn't be arsed watching. Perspective enough for this Evertonian.

Cheers.

November 03, 2017, 02:06:51 AM
Reply #124

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Here's a bit of perspective

We put in one of our best performances of the season and still lost 3-0.

If you're not seeing the massive trouble we're in you're deluding yourself.

November 03, 2017, 02:08:35 AM
Reply #125

Lazarou

Here's a bit of perspective

We put in one of our best performances of the season and still lost 3-0.

If you're not seeing the massive trouble we're in you're deluding yourself.

These kind of performances, or bad luck, call it what you will is relegation stuff.

November 03, 2017, 02:12:25 AM
Reply #126

Bluedylan

I'll be worried if we don't beat Watford. But I think we will.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 03, 2017, 02:13:24 AM
Reply #127

Martip

We are terrible and will be lucky to stay up at this rate. The problem is that the majority of the team are not good enough simple as -

Shit List - Morgan, Williams, Martina, Baines - Jags - Rooney (all too old), DCL, Lennon, Kenny, Holgate, Niasse,

On top of this I have serious doubts about Keane,  Sandro, Lookman and really don't see why there is so much Pickford love floating around - he seems bang average to me and has done nowt either of the other 2 couldn't have done. He flapps too much,  doesnt catch the ball enough and isn't a great shot stopper but hey 30m doesn't get you much these days does it ?

Theres a lot of people moaning about the likes of Dyche and Allardyce being linked but being honest what top quality manager would want to waste 2 years trying to rebuilt this crock of shit. Things are worse than we could have imagined and we need a miracle to even stay up with these overpaid muppets.

November 03, 2017, 02:15:07 AM
Reply #128

Gash

Global Moderator
I really don't see how people think a new manager (especially without knowing who it is) is going to suddenly turn this round? It's going to be touch go in the end, anyone coming in isn't going to see an immediate upturn in fortunes, especially with the defence we have at the moment.

The best we can hope is that he can get the quality players starting to believe in themselves again and start putting in the performances they're capable of but even at that we have several players that look past their best and no one there to replace them. Come January we're going have another window where we'll get our pants pulled down left, right and centre as everyone will know we're desperate.

It's all a bit of a mess at the moment.

November 03, 2017, 02:15:36 AM
Reply #129

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I'll be worried if we don't beat Watford. But I think we will.

Why??

How? Is probably more to the point.

November 03, 2017, 02:17:48 AM
Reply #130

School of Science

Just can't believe the luck we are having, okay I take it we are not a good team but fuck me something has to start going for us surely. A perfect Schneiderlin tackle gives them their first goal not long after Gueye misses an easy chance, small margins. But hate the way our heads go every time someone scores against us.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

November 03, 2017, 02:21:10 AM
Reply #131

Martip

Just can't believe the luck we are having, okay I take it we are not a good team but fuck me something has to start going for us surely. A perfect Schneiderlin tackle gives them their first goal not long after Gueye misses an easy chance, small margins. But hate the way our heads go every time someone scores against us.
Its funny how people see the game differently....for me Morgan was a headless chicken diving into tackles cause he was always the wrong side- an accident waiting to happen.

November 03, 2017, 02:23:11 AM
Reply #132

Macca77

Why??

Because we will score more than them

November 03, 2017, 02:23:18 AM
Reply #133

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Players + Manager neither one are right.

My word Barkley can't get back soon enough. At least we can push Rooney up then and maybe he can score a goal.

I'm so flipping tired of trying to shoehorn DCL in as our main striker. He just isn't ready. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, what are other people seeing as the benefits of repeatedly trying it, bar one half versus Man City?

November 03, 2017, 02:23:22 AM
Reply #134

Bluedylan

Why??

We're at home. The fans know it's massive so should be pumped for it. I've seen good stuff from the team in each off the last 3 games that I think if we can score the first goal will make a difference at home.

I don't mean luck but if a few little moments had gone our way on each of those games they would've been totally different - the Rooney close range volley at Chelsea, the penalty v Leicester, Gana tonight).

It's a game if such fine margins that those moments take on massive importance when you're desperate for a win in our position. Of course some of that is down to us and lack of composure in front of goal, but I do think it couldn've been different.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.