November 19, 2017, 03:46:53 AM

Author Topic: Perspective  (Read 5853 times)

November 02, 2017, 05:50:52 AM
Reply #90

Jamokachi

Some of you need to log off the internet for a while. Christ.

deCoubertin

November 02, 2017, 05:51:15 AM
Reply #91

bluenuck

No we haven't though have we? Villa looked like relegation was a guarantee for about four seasons. Even in Martinez' last two seasons we didn't look like getting relegated. The Lukaku thing? Maybe, maybe not. The old "we still would've finished 7th without his goals" stat springs to mind.

Fair enough.

But 3 out of the last 4 seasons have been backward. It's suppose to be the other way round. We really have to be careful here.

November 02, 2017, 06:28:52 AM
Reply #92

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Fair enough.

But 3 out of the last 4 seasons have been backward. It's suppose to be the other way round. We really have to be careful here.

I agree but we shouldn't be like Virgins at prom night just yet.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 02, 2017, 04:16:24 PM
Reply #93

montanatoffeefan

Just seen a tweet @ nsno that "we are in a relegation battle and it's not even mid season"

Fixed it.
Everton forever.

November 02, 2017, 05:14:52 PM
Reply #94

formerKHL

Next five prem fixtures

Watford
Palace
Southampton
West Ham
Huddersfield

3 wins from them i reckon

Putting things in perspective.......this should be 5 wins from 5 expectancy.....not 3 from 5...
shows where we're at, at this moment in time for me...

November 02, 2017, 05:18:51 PM
Reply #95

Major Clanger

Fixed it.

Surely that doesn't actually mean anything. You might as well say: "the season hasn't even started and we're tied for last place".
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

November 02, 2017, 05:30:26 PM
Reply #96

GrantyBoy78

Putting things in perspective.......this should be 5 wins from 5 expectancy.....not 3 from 5...
shows where we're at, at this moment in time for me...
Iíll eat my own shit if we win 3 of those games

November 02, 2017, 05:42:22 PM
Reply #97

formerKHL

Iíll eat my own shit if we win 3 of those games

waiting to see who asks for the video...

November 02, 2017, 06:37:41 PM
Reply #98

Bally

Administrator
I'll eat my own shit if we win 3 of those games
I want the video
It's the roll I way

November 02, 2017, 06:37:50 PM
Reply #99

Bally

Administrator
waiting to see who asks for the video...
Hi
It's the roll I way

November 02, 2017, 07:07:43 PM
Reply #100

Stumpy

True. If Schneiderlin didn't cost £24m he wouldn't get near the first team at the minute. He has shown no energy, no fight, no inclination to do anything other than the bare minimum, which he has done poorly. Shame as he can look like a rolls royce of a player when things are going well, but he looks a bit mentally weak to me, not the type you want when you're up against it.
And at fault for the goals conceded against Burnley and Brighton with schoolboy errors.

November 02, 2017, 07:08:32 PM
Reply #101

School of Science

Think whats pissed a lot of people off really is, this was the season we were supposed to push on, challenge for CL or at least top six. To say we have gone backwards is an understatement. Relegation battle ? The way things are going it could be, we are a team with very fragile confidence, find it hard to create chances, let alone score goals, our defending is abysmal at times and we are not being let down by the kids, it's the experienced players who are letting us down. Our football has on the whole been appalling and sorry if that upset a few people but it's the way I see it and I hope to God it improves. Oh and I'm not impressed with Dyche or Allerdyce I'd rather have Moyes for a season.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

November 02, 2017, 08:36:15 PM
Reply #102

Stumpy

Anyone that thinks we are not in serious trouble is either kidding themselves or are deluded.We are inept all over the field.A non existent attack,a badly out of form midfield and a dodgey back 4.No pace,no drive and confidence shot to pieces.As others have stated it's not just the defeats,it's the manner of how we are getting beat.At the moment it's hard to see where the next goal is coming from,i can honestly say I would not back us to beat anybody right now.I know things can change in an instance(cahills last gasp winner at sunderland 2005 etc) but at this time it's so hard to picture it.The biggest worry for me is we don't have a striker at the club worthy of a start.

November 02, 2017, 08:38:55 PM
Reply #103

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Don’t think a single team in the side would swap our striker for theirs.

Why on earth can’t Wayne Rooney play upfront?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 02, 2017, 08:55:28 PM
Reply #104

Stumpy

Donít think a single team in the side would swap our striker for theirs.

Why on earth canít Wayne Rooney play upfront?
To be honest brap for me it's the only solution to sort this mess out.It's a million miles from ideal,but at least he has a bit of nous about him,the others are simply not up to the job.Leave him up front,stop him chasing back looking for the ball and hope we can nick a few 1-0s until this shambles can be addressed in January.