November 23, 2017, 03:34:24 PM

Author Topic: Perspective  (Read 6176 times)

November 01, 2017, 03:56:43 AM
Reply #30

Coyb12

Unsworth has had only two games in charge and, despite getting the midfield wrong against Leicester, he hasn't put out anything like some of the shambolic teams that Koeman picked. Players are being chosen in their natural positions, our spacing is good, and we've actually been able to control the ball some. Another week on the training ground should see even better organization and less of the individual errors that cost us goals last week (losing Rudiger on a corner kick, Davies and Gana pursuing the ball too aggressively after a free kick, Kenny missing his clearance).

I still honestly believe that Unsworth is the right man until May. Results are on the way. Only a little more patience is required.
Anyone who picks Aaron Lennon and Mirrallas in the same team is fucked up.

deCoubertin

November 01, 2017, 04:06:09 AM
Reply #31

gizzblue

Made up with this thread☺ ...Unsy has had two games to sort out Koemans fucking debacle and some are losing their shit (fucking Allardyce )really ffs.

80 odd points on offer and people are desperate allready ...when was the last time someone was relagated before Christmas ?.
I'm far to optimistic or 'arrogant' allegedly to some to want that bung taking twat at our healm .

November 01, 2017, 04:06:31 AM
Reply #32

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
3 points and we’re mid table

3 pts and we'd be 15th or maybe sneak 14th due to goal difference, provided the teams above us didn't win either.

And if we lose? We could be second off bottom and needing a couple of wins to even get out of the bottom 3.

If we're trying to gain perspective, let's start off with facts. Sorry for being all Benitez.

November 01, 2017, 04:15:36 AM
Reply #33

indiantoffee1975

We need to get to around 20 points after xmas.We have time but in my opinion we have three absolutely crucial homes games which we MUST win and get 9 points from - West Ham, Huddersfield and Swansea. The key will be beating those teams and picking up the odd point away from home.

November 01, 2017, 04:18:48 AM
Reply #34

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I feel that I'm usually a pretty level headed blue, but looking at us I haven't seen a worse side in the league this year.

We look to me like a side in real, genuine trouble.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 01, 2017, 04:23:30 AM
Reply #35

GrantyBoy78

Made up with this thread☺ ...Unsy has had two games to sort out Koemans fucking debacle and some are losing their shit (fucking Allardyce )really ffs.

80 odd points on offer and people are desperate allready ...when was the last time someone was relagated before Christmas ?.
I'm far to optimistic or 'arrogant' allegedly to some to want that bung taking twat at our healm .
I don’t want Allerdyce. But ‘perspective’ goes both ways. Mine’s based on what I’ve witnessed this season. Obviously hope I’m wrong and more than happy to call myself out as being a big panicky gobshite if we turn a corner.

November 01, 2017, 05:52:10 AM
Reply #36

The Analog Kid

Weren’t we in a similar situation 04/05? We were in the bottom 3 or 4 at NYE with similar points, went up to Sunderland, played shite for 90 minutes until Cahill scored in the 91st minute to win the game, after which we went on a run and lost one of our remaining games from January to May, qualifying for Europe.

We should be used to this. Been here before and pulled through.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 05:58:23 AM by The Analog Kid »

November 01, 2017, 05:54:28 AM
Reply #37

The Analog Kid

I feel that I'm usually a pretty level headed blue, but looking at us I haven't seen a worse side in the league this year.

We look to me like a side in real, genuine trouble.

Palace and Bournemouth. They’re below us for a reason

November 01, 2017, 05:55:43 AM
Reply #38

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

That doesn't really help when 3 teams go down.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

November 01, 2017, 05:57:54 AM
Reply #39

The Analog Kid

That doesn't really help when 3 teams go down.

We aren’t going down.

And I was replying to Brap’s comment of us being the worst team in the league.

November 01, 2017, 06:00:12 AM
Reply #40

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

And I was replying to Brap’s comment of us being the worst team in the league.

I know, but we don't have to be the worst team to go down.

You've just said on 1 hand that we're not going down, but you can only name Bournemouth and Palace as worse teams....if that's true, then we go down.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

November 01, 2017, 06:03:00 AM
Reply #41

The Analog Kid

I know, but we don't have to be the worst team to go down.

You've just said on 1 hand that we're not going down, but you can only name Bournemouth and Palace as worse teams....if that's true, then we go down.

At the moment. When there’s the likes of Swansea, West Ham, West Brom, Stoke in the mix I’d say we’ll come out of it ok.

November 01, 2017, 06:25:46 AM
Reply #42

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

I honestly think we're worse and in a worse position squad wise. My worry is as well is that in retrospect this won't be a shot out of the blue - this will be well they struggled with an aging side under Martinez, bobbled around mid table for a bit and then finally dropped to the bottom three. There are signs there and they aren't good. We look empty.

I think the next 5 league fixtures are season defining.

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 01, 2017, 06:35:03 AM
Reply #43

The Analog Kid

I honestly think we're worse and in a worse position squad wise. My worry is as well is that in retrospect this won't be a shot out of the blue - this will be well they struggled with an aging side under Martinez, bobbled around mid table for a bit and then finally dropped to the bottom three. There are signs there and they aren't good. We look empty.

Watford (h)
Palace (a)
Southampton (a)
West Ham (h)
Huddersfiield (h)

Three outta those five are in and around us.

November 01, 2017, 06:35:59 AM
Reply #44

blueski

agree we've been pretty dire and all that but people always say the next game is a must win or this next stretch defines our season etc

I do think we do need to find some sort of result to give a bit of confidence

part of that is going to involve us creating a goal or two in a game
Nil Satis