November 18, 2017, 01:49:58 AM

Author Topic: Perspective  (Read 5771 times)

November 01, 2017, 04:48:57 PM
Reply #60

Paddockoldie

Perspective? Evertonians???? Computer doesn't understand.

deCoubertin

November 01, 2017, 04:55:46 PM
Reply #61

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Can’t believe some aren’t worried - can it see us winning a game anytime soon? Can you see us winning ten?

Haven’t won an away since January and we weren’t even that shit then. How many home games do we have left? What’s our record for home wins in a row?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 01, 2017, 05:38:56 PM
Reply #62

Django

NSNO Subscriber
Can't agree more with that statement there Si.

It does however worry me how woefully off form the midfield are and how old the back 4 are with nothing we can do about it till Jan.

Everything looks better with a couple of wins though and we have to have faith in Unsworth that he'll get us winning.

No team goes through a run of form like this for 38 games, especially not with the quality we possess.

November 01, 2017, 05:49:16 PM
Reply #63

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
We've been playing like this since the end of last season.

This isn't a poor run of form. It's a team failing in every department of the pitch for a regular period of time.

Yeah we may well hit some results but this team isn't finishing above 14th and for a club that's spent 200mil in the last 18 months that's as bad as it gets.

All well and good assuming because we're Everton we'll hit a run of results sooner or later and get ourselves out of trouble, but when you actually take in what's happening on the pitch it's hard not to be very concerned.

November 01, 2017, 05:53:52 PM
Reply #64

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I think it is pretty arrogant to think we will get out of this just cos we are 'Everton' - we are fucking shit and its no wonder people are panicking
I have to return some videotapes.

November 01, 2017, 05:55:20 PM
Reply #65

Lxxx

Can't agree more with that statement there Si.

It does however worry me how woefully off form the midfield are and how old the back 4 are with nothing we can do about it till Jan.

Everything looks better with a couple of wins though and we have to have faith in Unsworth that he'll get us winning.

No team goes through a run of form like this for 38 games, especially not with the quality we possess.

Whilst I agree it's not as bad as many fear do we really possess lots of quality? Half of our squad are youngsters learning their trade and the rest are made up of a mix of players past their best and others woefully out of form with rock bottom confidence.
It's very easy to say let's just put some back to wins together and we'll roll from there but one of them wins isn't going to be away, judging by the fact we're nearly a year since we've done just that, and at home we can't beat the likes of Burnley or even a bunch of Cypriot journeymen.

If we had some stand out performances this season to refer to as evidence we can click when things go our way I'd be more optimistic. I suppose a lot rests on this weekend, a win and things look different, a draw or loss and who knows where we go from here.

November 01, 2017, 05:57:26 PM
Reply #66

TheTone

We've gone from being best of the rest to being just one of the rest

November 01, 2017, 06:07:35 PM
Reply #67

Fynci

We've gone from being best of the rest to being just one of the rest

I'd be comfortable if we were just one of the rest right now, what's worrying me is that we look worse than the rest.

I can't see any goals at all in the current team, and we're leaking them. If we don't get people in January who can create chances AND someone who can put them away then we're in big trouble.
Cool + 380
Tool - 0

November 01, 2017, 06:13:58 PM
Reply #68

Bluedylan

I think the right manager, getting a few players in the weak areas, and trimming some of the other pointless players and this squad could be moulded into quite a good one pretty quickly. That would require a coherent plan though, and a competent manager. Let's see if we get that part right, first.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 01, 2017, 06:16:14 PM
Reply #69

GrantyBoy78

One of the few things giving me confidence is that I rate MS and Gana both. Maybe both are misused at the moment but I think they can both be great in the right system.
Not everything is because of tactics and formation - they are internationals and have been making consistent errors all season.

November 01, 2017, 06:19:57 PM
Reply #70

Gary1878

Performances have been bad but when you look at the results, how many league results have been unexpected? Not counting the number of goals shipped, this puts into perspective where we should be in the table given the run of fixtures we have had. These are based on just my opinion going into the season what we should be expecting and nothing else. They are all estimates and I am sure you will all have differing thoughts.

Stoke (H) - W 1-0 - Expected
Man City (A) - D 1-1 - Unexpected - Plus 1 Point (expected loss)
Chelsea (A) - L - 0-2 - Expected
Spurs (H) - L 0-3 - Unexpected - Minus 1 Point (expected draw)
Man Utd (A) - L 0-4 - Expected
Bournemouth (H) - W 2-1 - Expected
Burnley (H) - L -0-1 - Unexpected - Minus 3 Points (expected win)
Brighton (A) - D 1-1 - Unexpected - Minus 2 Points (expected win)
Arsenal (H) - L 2-5 - Unexpected - Minus 1 Point (expected draw)
Leicester (A) - L 0-2 - Unexpected - Minus 1 Point (expected draw)

So, given the above, we should probably be 7 points better off, and these points should have come in the last 4 games. This would put us 8th/9th depending on goal diff, which would have been a satisfactory start.

November 01, 2017, 06:20:35 PM
Reply #71

Lxxx

Not everything is because of tactics and formation - they are internationals and have been making consistent errors all season.

True. If Schneiderlin didn't cost 24m he wouldn't get near the first team at the minute. He has shown no energy, no fight, no inclination to do anything other than the bare minimum, which he has done poorly. Shame as he can look like a rolls royce of a player when things are going well, but he looks a bit mentally weak to me, not the type you want when you're up against it.

November 01, 2017, 06:21:24 PM
Reply #72

Lxxx

Performances have been bad but when you look at the results, how many league results have been unexpected? Not counting the number of goals shipped, this puts into perspective where we should be in the table given the run of fixtures we have had. These are based on just my opinion going into the season what we should be expecting and nothing else. They are all estimates and I am sure you will all have differing thoughts.

Stoke (H) - W 1-0 - Expected
Man City (A) - D 1-1 - Unexpected - Plus 1 Point (expected loss)
Chelsea (A) - L - 0-2 - Expected
Spurs (H) - L 0-3 - Unexpected - Minus 1 Point (expected draw)
Man Utd (A) - L 0-4 - Expected
Bournemouth (H) - W 2-1 - Expected
Burnley (H) - L -0-1 - Unexpected - Minus 3 Points (expected win)
Brighton (A) - D 1-1 - Unexpected - Minus 2 Points (expected win)
Arsenal (H) - L 2-5 - Unexpected - Minus 1 Point (expected draw)
Leicester (A) - L 0-2 - Unexpected - Minus 1 Point (expected draw)

So, given the above, we should probably be 7 points better off, and these points should have come in the last 4 games. This would put us 8th/9th depending on goal diff, which would have been a satisfactory start.

All immaterial, let's stick to reality not alternate universes.

November 01, 2017, 06:25:11 PM
Reply #73

gizzblue

All immaterial, let's stick to reality not alternate universes.
We can't stick to reality ...to some it's woe is me and of days we are relagated already ....to others it's a shit start but we will improve and finish mid table somewhere....the reality doesn't get a look in .

November 01, 2017, 06:45:27 PM
Reply #74

Django

NSNO Subscriber
Whilst I agree it's not as bad as many fear do we really possess lots of quality? Half of our squad are youngsters learning their trade and the rest are made up of a mix of players past their best and others woefully out of form with rock bottom confidence.
It's very easy to say let's just put some back to wins together and we'll roll from there but one of them wins isn't going to be away, judging by the fact we're nearly a year since we've done just that, and at home we can't beat the likes of Burnley or even a bunch of Cypriot journeymen.

If we had some stand out performances this season to refer to as evidence we can click when things go our way I'd be more optimistic. I suppose a lot rests on this weekend, a win and things look different, a draw or loss and who knows where we go from here.

It's easy to write on a forum that we'll get a few wins, I agree with you there.

I do worry that the league has passed us by a bit in recent years - teams aren't scared of anyone anymore and most teams have invested in their sides, which is why us signing a load of players isn't getting us ahead of anyone.

We do have a number of players over the hill, without doubt. They need replacing desperately, but these aren't the issue currently.

My issue lies with Schniederlin and Gueye the most - seasoned pros supposedly in their prime who are doing absolutely shite all week in week out.

I do think we need to edge a win out of somewhere and suddenly confidence improves and results follow.

It's been a horrendous start, the worst imaginable really. But it's only been 10 games.

We can't jump the gun and get an Allardyce in - it paints us as a clueless and small time club. We need to have faith in Unsworth.

Could be worse though - imagine Niasse hadn't scored them goals against Bournemouth :(