August 26, 2019, 03:48:39 AM

Author Topic: [News]Blues make Dyche their number one target  (Read 11468 times)

November 02, 2017, 01:40:45 AM
Read 11468 times

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I think its a little unfair to bracket him alongside Allardyce, in fairness. He's done an exceptional job at Burnley. It's not hugely ambitious no, but infinitely better than Sam, in my view.

Actually think Allardyce was at least innovative when he was at Bolton.

His use of data / sports science gave him a usp which lifted them up the table.

I think most teams have caught up which is why his teamsí performances have slid back (a bit like Wenger with his dietary methods and more extensive scouting networks).

Iíve not come across anything re Dyche that lifts him beyond organisation.

Donít want either but Dyche is massively underwhelming and ultimately more short term than an Allardyce 6 month deal as heíd expect (rightly if weíre approching him) at least 3 year deal.

November 02, 2017, 02:21:01 AM
Reply #1

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah points taken. I think you could argue that we know Allardyce's ceiling, whereas we don't really know Dyche's at this point. He might step up to working with better players and greater resources and demonstrate a more progressive side. Ok, that's speculation on my part and a punt on the board's part, admittedly.

I've found myself arguing in support of Dyche when I don't want him either. I think I'm just relieved that it's not Allardyce tbh, which isn't a great starting point.

Ha quite.

But yeah I donít think thereís any growth for Allardyce and itís obviously unknown re Dyche.

Just would be massively underenthused.

November 02, 2017, 03:26:13 PM
Reply #2

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Weíre utterly styleless at the moment and whatever else you can level at dyche he has a very clear style that he imprints on his side. That cohesion would do us good I think.

Canít believe Iím so on board with dyche, potentially just worried about going down and scrabbling for positivity amidst rumours of allardyce.

Any decent manager will put their identity on the side though.

Donít think he wouldnít organise the team but as weíve so long in the season left then the following seasons need to be considered too.

Grim with Dyche and Allardyce metaphorically blocking the sun every morning.