December 13, 2018, 07:29:05 PM

Author Topic: Moshiri  (Read 27908 times)

November 19, 2017, 01:06:00 AM
Reply #105

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Walsh apparently has a very close relationship with Moshiri so I can see him being here for the long haul unfortunately and that worries me.

I'am seriously worried about the direction we're heading in and dread to think where we could find ourselves in the next few years.

November 19, 2017, 01:13:31 AM
Reply #106

Ridge

Fool me once and shame on you, fool me twice and .... you can't get fooled again.

I think Moshiri took Walsh's side over Koeman after much deliberation, as you're still left with players, you're choosing to believe the players are crap or manager is, and you can replace manager now and he'd still be left with players if you sacked DoF. But with problems still there post Koeman, I think Walsh's perspective on his dealing becomes increasingly questionable and so does his position.

November 19, 2017, 01:15:03 AM
Reply #107

KoemansNumberTens

I think much of the problem is in the defining of the role. I don't think Walsh has ever been a director of football here. I don't think he's been allowed to. Koeman ate up much of his role then and now it seems the board want to make the footballing decision on who's manager now

If Walsh has to sign players from koemans list and can't appoint the manager he wants then he can't be blamed when it doesn't work.

We need to decide if we actually want a director of football or not

November 19, 2017, 01:16:55 AM
Reply #108

Bluedylan

If it's accurate that Walsh pushed for the Allardyce-Shakespeare dreamteam, that should be grounds for gross misconduct from the off.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 19, 2017, 01:19:25 AM
Reply #109

KoemansNumberTens

If it's accurate that Walsh pushed for the Allardyce-Shakespeare dreamteam, that should be grounds for gross misconduct from the off.

But you have to let him live or die by his decisions

Seems almost accepted that the big signings weren't his choice and now the new manager isn't. So he's really not being allowed to do his job. They've appointed him and now they all want to take part of his job for themselves. He seems to be director of football for the youth teams and the cheap signings

We can't judge him until they let him do the role

November 19, 2017, 01:32:03 AM
Reply #110

sam of the south

I agree with both points of view.

I believe he hasn't been allowed the proper influence usually afforded to a director of football, HOWEVER, if his choice for our management team was Allardyce and Shakespeare then I'm glad he hasn't had that power to weald.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 19, 2017, 01:34:43 AM
Reply #111

kramer0

Walsh apparently has a very close relationship with Moshiri so I can see him being here for the long haul unfortunately and that worries me.

Where did you hear that?

Not questioning the validity, just curious.

November 19, 2017, 01:38:02 AM
Reply #112

KoemansNumberTens

I agree with both points of view.

I believe he hasn't been allowed the proper influence usually afforded to a director of football, HOWEVER, if his choice for our management team was Allardyce and Shakespeare then I'm glad he hasn't had that power to weald.

We'd probably not have been looking for a manager had Walsh been allowed to send the money instead of koeman

The club is a bit of a shambles. Used to always be from the business side now that's sorted it's the football side.

We've half arsed the role. Get rid of it or keep it. Don't pay someone to do it then steal all his responsibilities though.

Only thing I blame Walsh for is not insisting they let him do his job. He might be rubbish but he's currently yet to have a go at the role

November 19, 2017, 01:42:56 AM
Reply #113

sam of the south

We'd probably not have been looking for a manager had Walsh been allowed to send the money instead of koeman

The club is a bit of a shambles. Used to always be from the business side now that's sorted it's the football side.

We've half arsed the role. Get rid of it or keep it. Don't pay someone to do it then steal all his responsibilities though.

Only thing I blame Walsh for is not insisting they let him do his job. He might be rubbish but he's currently yet to have a go at the role

"Koeman does what he wants" was the Moshiri quote, wasn't it?  ::)

It is the only thing we have to go on, but it does suggest that Koeman most certainly wore the trousers in his partnership with Walsh.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 19, 2017, 02:15:30 AM
Reply #114

indiantoffee1975

The hierarchy of the clubs need defining. We've made consistent fuckups year upon year upon year whether it be potential ground moves, i.e. Kings Dock fiasco/Kirkby, investment brought to the club - Fortress Fund, commercial deals - kit bags. It just needs to stop.
You then have the deleberation of sacking a manager, hiring a manager, buying players. The whole structure and mindset at the top needs changing and that can only be done by Moshiri buying out the deadwood already on that board, taking full control of the club and bringing his own people in.

A clear and defining stategy inplace with people onboard with the mind and skillset to oversee this then the rest follows down to the on field activities.

My worry is if changes are not defined at the top then Everton will possibly go through a spate of hiring and firing managers over the next 5-6 years.

November 19, 2017, 02:34:46 AM
Reply #115

Lxxx

I fear Moshiri is part of the problem.

Makes appointments based on limited knowledge of the game. Makes press announcements which only reinforce that fact and wants to make statements which really arenít necessary.

My gut feeling is he isnít the bloke we hoped we were getting.

November 19, 2017, 02:58:27 AM
Reply #116

blueski

he's got money and has done a lot of good things. when mansour bought man city mistakes were made - many of them.

its miles and miles from the point where we question moshiri in my opinion. big steps forward in the stadium issue, the financial running of the club and an honest effort to get things right on the pitch at least from a financial backing standpoint. maybe there were a couple of cringeworthy jim white moments but I think you have to put that in perspective and give him time to continue to work. if no progress on the playing staff is made in january, different story but I honestly doubt that happens

Nil Satis

November 19, 2017, 03:01:01 AM
Reply #117

KoemansNumberTens

I fear Moshiri is part of the problem.

Makes appointments based on limited knowledge of the game. Makes press announcements which only reinforce that fact and wants to make statements which really arenít necessary.

My gut feeling is he isnít the bloke we hoped we were getting.

I think he's part of the problem. Think he knows very little about football but doesn't realise he knows very little. Too involved with things he shouldn't be involved with.

November 19, 2017, 03:07:40 AM
Reply #118

Lxxx

I think he's part of the problem. Think he knows very little about football but doesn't realise he knows very little. Too involved with things he shouldn't be involved with.

Problem is how do you tell your boss heís the main reason things have gone tits up.

November 19, 2017, 03:18:15 AM
Reply #119

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, even though none of us really have any idea, let's just blame Moshiri for everything. Perhaps we can boo him at our next game and all chip in for a plane. Because if there's anything this club needs right now, it's for the fans to turn on our owner and for our owner to decide to fuck off, leaving us well and truly fucked.