October 17, 2019, 10:04:08 PM

Author Topic: Moshiri  (Read 37360 times)

November 02, 2017, 02:28:42 AM
Read 37360 times

Bluedylan

I like him, and have found very little to complain about in his time here. Not even that arsed about the Jim White stuff.

He's still got plenty to learn, no doubt, and the club probably does need a bit of an overhaul in some key positions, but I remember the pre-Moshiri days all too clearly and I look at some of the other foreign owners and am relieved that he's benevolent and not insane.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

November 09, 2017, 08:00:37 PM
Reply #1

Bluedylan

Cos no one wants Sissoko, not even Spurs!!
If he is worth 30m, Niasse is worth 3 times that.

Done well for them this season and their fans have warmed to him.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

November 10, 2017, 02:56:41 AM
Reply #2

Bluedylan

I'm still not a fan myself. Think it says more about Poch to be able to get summat out of pretty much every player that he works with.

November 19, 2017, 12:50:01 AM
Reply #3

Bluedylan

There needs to be a big fuck off annual appraisal, performance review and if necessary it needs reorganising from scratch.

The whole organisation needs professionalising from the top down, so that there are clearly defined roles with specific performance targets, and reducing grey areas and overlapping duties.

If I were Moshiri, I would identify the clubs we want to be like (as Kramer has said) such as Atletico, Sevilla etc and literally do some fact finding and research into their role delineation and ways of operating. I would also clear out the existing setup with Walsh and just reorganise the entire thing so that it's based on structure and professional competence.

There's no harm in acknowledging that we've got it wrong so far, and changing it completely. We can't change what has happened upto now, but we can control where we are in a year's time.

November 19, 2017, 01:16:55 AM
Reply #4

Bluedylan

If it's accurate that Walsh pushed for the Allardyce-Shakespeare dreamteam, that should be grounds for gross misconduct from the off.

November 24, 2017, 08:52:51 PM
Reply #5

Bluedylan

Do people think him having 49.9% is a problem, in the sense that he doesn't have complete control, which maybe enables some of these reported 'differences' and 'divisions'? The old thing about a camel being a horse designed by committee.

November 25, 2017, 05:47:17 PM
Reply #6

Bluedylan

November 25, 2017, 07:29:53 PM
Reply #7

Bluedylan

The truth is none of us know what goes on behind the scenes, I doubt any of us have run a multi million pound business or looked to build a new stadium. I further doubt that many have knowledge of the professional game beyond watching our team, watching TV pundits and reading the press.
What we have are opinions based on ignorance and guesswork, the ability to twist someone else's money into being 'ours' and great imaginations.
Forums are great places to mentally 'step back' and watch a slightly surreal world float past. Long may they flourish! 😊

I think it's possible to extrapolate that things aren't being run well behind the scenes based upon the available evidence we do have a) transfers, b) poor communications (using Jim White as a mouthpiece), (c) sacking a manger with no alternative in mind etc etc.

March 02, 2018, 10:19:34 PM
Reply #8

Bluedylan

Why would Unsworth accept the job having just been told hes not good enough ?

Said it was his absolute dream job, massive point to prove, chance to demonstrate lessons learned.

March 03, 2018, 09:09:20 PM
Reply #9

Bluedylan

I'm totally fine with Moshiri personally. I don't expect him to get everything right and he's basically the only reason we've got hope for the future.

Teething problems were to be expected. Much sooner be in this position than having to sell a player every couple of seasons to keep the bank at bay.

He'll learn and get better.

If he gets Bramley Moore sorted (which I think he will) he'll have done more for the future of this club than almost anyone in our history.

March 03, 2018, 09:44:08 PM
Reply #10

Bluedylan

Football's not a normal business though. So many variables and intangibles that it's very difficult to model.

March 03, 2018, 09:45:43 PM
Reply #11

Bluedylan

If all we're judging him on is his ability to network his contacts in investment finance and leverage his relationship with one of the richest men in the world then that's a pretty low base to start from. Granted it's what we needed but if you're going to play at running a football club you need to show a little more nous than he has, we're two years in now, not an insignificant amount of time.

True but it's still massively preferable to the alternative imo.
Just needs to make the right appointment once and we should take off.

March 03, 2018, 10:49:22 PM
Reply #12

Bluedylan

We're nothing like QPR

March 03, 2018, 11:15:58 PM
Reply #13

Bluedylan

It's the obvious comparison in recent years though. Billionaire wants in on the football circus and loses huge sums of money making wrong decision after wrong decision and watches the football team go backwards and slide down the league.

Fernandes was full of talk of a new stadium when he arrived but they're still in the old wooden shed they had when he arrived such was their decline on the pitch. We can't just assume having lots of money will enable us to make bad decision after bad decision until we finally stumble on a good one.

The stadium's happening. It's just complicated. He's nothing like Fernandes. He's ploughed money in, appointed a manager most of us wanted, got the training ground sponsored, got extra finance from a Chinese investor, got rid of the debt.

I think it's a silly comparison.

March 03, 2018, 11:43:46 PM
Reply #14

Bluedylan

It's a lazy one, not necessarily accurate but it's still the most obvious one to make in recent seasons. I think it's aimed more at the apparent clueless nature of our majority shareholder than any genuine like for like of the two clubs. 

We really need a completely new approach this summer, with a strategy being decided upon and then we appoint and recruit against that from here on in, rather than the impulsive way we've approached things since the takeover.

I get what you're saying and I'm certainly not having a pop cos I agree with the vast majority of what you say.

But Moshiri is anything but clueless. Yes he's made mistakes but it's a very difficult thing we're trying to do. Fernandes and the Venkies are clueless.

Moshiri has got rid of our debt immediately. He appointed Koeman (who most of us were very happy with), backed him big time with money, secured finance beyond our wildest dreams previously. He also could've taken the easy option with the ground and gone for Croxteth but instead he's gone for an incredibly complicated, intricate, innovative ground that will make a massive impression and difference to our club. He's built relationships with the council which are crucial and which we'd previously fucked up. There's no way he'd have bought the Liver buildings if Bramley Moore wasn't happening imo.

He's not taking the short cuts or the easy options. He needs to make better decisions in relation to on pitch stuff, no doubt, but that's difficult for every club and he will get that right.

I get that we're all pissed off with things over the last few years but Moshiri is still our massive difference maker and Evertonians should be careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water.

He's our ticket to a much brighter future. There was always going to be a few bumps in the road. Anyone who thought otherwise, just wasn't being realistic.