October 21, 2019, 09:11:23 AM

Author Topic: Moshiri  (Read 37574 times)

November 26, 2017, 11:46:09 PM
Reply #15

Lxxx

Moshiri bought 49.9% for £87.5M
Moshiri spent a net £22.9M in his first year in net transfers in 16-17
Moshiri spent £45.7M in net transfers (after sales) in 17-18
Moshiri spent at least £5M on fixing up Goodison and arranging the new location (guess)
TOTAL spent £161.1M

Amount in turnover Everton will lose if they go down..... £110M in TV money
Amount of first year parachute payment as offset... £55M
ADDITIONAL TOTAL LOSS £55M

TOTAL EXPENDITURE £216.1M

Note that good sources claim his net worth is £1.36B So he would have a net worth loss of 16% in under two full years if we go down. How long til he decides enough is enough? And either bails or pulls back spending? This must be considered. He is not Qatar. I think we are not considering that he could start to pull in the spending reigns like Lerner did at Villa. It would have recent precedent.

In other words, this could get worse.

Bit sensationalist that like. If he disappeared tomorrow we'd be perfectly capable of running profitably as a club fine without him.

November 27, 2017, 12:02:24 AM
Reply #16

Lxxx

Are we profitable?

I don't know whether we are at the minute as I don't study the financials like lads like theesk do on Twitter but with the money coming into the club from the new TV deal we could run the club at a profit if he left tomorrow. It might take a short period of adjustment while we cut the high wage earners adrift and cleared out the dead wood but of course it's possible.

November 29, 2017, 11:02:15 PM
Reply #17

Lxxx

I do think he'll ship out players like Schneiderlin and Mirallas. Players who have too high of an opinion of themselves and to be honest are a disgrace to their profession. At the very least he'll hopefully bring in some much needed professionalism back into our setup and he does have a track record of actually organising a football team properly.

December 02, 2017, 05:14:46 AM
Reply #18

Lxxx

It's amazing what financial geniuses we have on this forum slagging Moshiri off. No owner really invests their own money unless they like Sheikh Mansour at City. Owners use their financial clout and net worth to be able to attract credit facilities etc for clubs to operate at a better level.

Kenwright could maybe secure a 10-20M pound loan. Moshiri, 300-400M as an example.

Neither use their own money.

Good point and why would/should he? He’s not a fan and if I had a billion I wouldn’t put a penny of my own cash into the club either...and I am a fan.

March 02, 2018, 05:02:46 PM
Reply #19

Lxxx

He paid it into the club

Other than that who knows whose money it is

Yes, Moshiri's wealth came in the form of shares as gifts from Usmanov. He's not independently wealthy in his own right as all he has ever been is Usmanov's bagman, so unless he liquidates his various holdings he's just a paper billionaire. 

March 02, 2018, 08:16:19 PM
Reply #20

Lxxx

So you’ll recall that the accountancy firm that performed the extensive due diligence that you’re talking about was bought by Usmanov.

Nothing dodgy about that is there....especially after paying his lapdog £300m for shares in a company he’d actually given to him a few years earlier. No nothing strange going on there...

Strange, yes. Illegal, no. This type of stuff goes on all the time at the level of the multi-billionaire oligarch. It's how the system works, they don't subscribe to the same ethics as you or I as they don't have to. I worked in the offshore finance industry for seven years, anything goes when huge amounts of money are involved. 

March 02, 2018, 11:34:56 PM
Reply #21

Lxxx

Why would Unsworth accept the job having just been told he’s not good enough ?

You could look at it as him being told he's not experienced enough, which would be a valid point and one which he'd probably agree with.

March 02, 2018, 11:37:49 PM
Reply #22

Lxxx

Problem with that is he would only have maximum 10 games (if Allardyce were sacked tomorrow) to prove a point with a totally unbalanced squad, hardly fair on him.

It's not so unbalanced now. We have proper left and right backs, a midfield three that works and Walcott and Sig look like decent options on the flanks. He wouldn't have to do much more than pick the same team most weeks from here on.

March 03, 2018, 08:43:33 PM
Reply #23

Lxxx

This guy has a lot to answer for,im beginning to question how he,s made his money with the total shambles created here.

He got given it by his mate. He's the most clueless fuckin accountant I've ever seen if he's overseen the spending of the best part of half a billion so far and we're in a worse position than before he turned up.

March 03, 2018, 08:54:33 PM
Reply #24

Lxxx

Any accountant that tells you not to be concerned about money needs disbarring or certifying.

Yeh everything about him being an accountant is at odds with how he conducts himself.

March 03, 2018, 09:14:27 PM
Reply #25

Lxxx

I'm totally fine with Moshiri personally. I don't expect him to get everything right and he's basically the only reason we've got hope for the future.

Teething problems were to be expected. Much sooner be in this position than having to sell a player every couple of seasons to keep the bank at bay.

He'll learn and get better.

If he gets Bramley Moore sorted (which I think he will) he'll have done more for the future of this club than almost anyone in our history.

If all we're judging him on is his ability to network his contacts in investment finance and leverage his relationship with one of the richest men in the world then that's a pretty low base to start from. Granted it's what we needed but if you're going to play at running a football club you need to show a little more nous than he has, we're two years in now, not an insignificant amount of time.

March 03, 2018, 10:59:45 PM
Reply #26

Lxxx

We're nothing like QPR

It's the obvious comparison in recent years though. Billionaire wants in on the football circus and loses huge sums of money making wrong decision after wrong decision and watches the football team go backwards and slide down the league.

Fernandes was full of talk of a new stadium when he arrived but they're still in the old wooden shed they had when he arrived such was their decline on the pitch. We can't just assume having lots of money will enable us to make bad decision after bad decision until we finally stumble on a good one.

March 03, 2018, 11:23:27 PM
Reply #27

Lxxx

The stadium's happening. It's just complicated. He's nothing like Fernandes. He's ploughed money in, appointed a manager most of us wanted, got the training ground sponsored, got extra finance from a Chinese investor, got rid of the debt.

I think it's a silly comparison.

It's a lazy one, not necessarily accurate but it's still the most obvious one to make in recent seasons. I think it's aimed more at the apparent clueless nature of our majority shareholder than any genuine like for like of the two clubs. 

We really need a completely new approach this summer, with a strategy being decided upon and then we appoint and recruit against that from here on in, rather than the impulsive way we've approached things since the takeover.

March 05, 2018, 08:05:14 PM
Reply #28

Lxxx

Interesting from @Jimmywhack but I still cannot understand why the players don't fight on the pitch for results and for us.

They're good enough.
They're paid enough.

Why is the off-field grumbles allowed to affect the pitch? It's totally unprofessional.

I think it's more of a general feeling that's permeating throughout the club and has been for the past year.

Yes you're paid to work hard and show fight but when you've not been happy in your job and it's lasted a year it's difficult for anyone to just suddenly feign enthusiasm. If you're surrounded by negativity from your workmates day in day out and suffered from constant change above with differing instructions and direction then it'd be very easy to develop a 'can't be arsed' mentality. Especially with a large squad and lots of disgruntled players. Williams epitomised it on Saturday, didn't want to be out there and couldn't wait to get off. Probably looking forward to a few weekends with the family now.

Needs a good clear out from top to bottom and a fresh approach, but this time with a plan behind it not just on a whim.

September 11, 2018, 05:42:25 PM
Reply #29

Lxxx

I suppose it just further cements Moshiri's position so if Usmanov wanted to invest further capital into our club, over and above training ground sponsorship, he can do so with a lot less governance now his mate holds a lot more influence.