December 15, 2019, 12:16:39 AM

Author Topic: Moshiri  (Read 38805 times)

March 03, 2018, 11:43:46 PM
Reply #15

Bluedylan

It's a lazy one, not necessarily accurate but it's still the most obvious one to make in recent seasons. I think it's aimed more at the apparent clueless nature of our majority shareholder than any genuine like for like of the two clubs. 

We really need a completely new approach this summer, with a strategy being decided upon and then we appoint and recruit against that from here on in, rather than the impulsive way we've approached things since the takeover.

I get what you're saying and I'm certainly not having a pop cos I agree with the vast majority of what you say.

But Moshiri is anything but clueless. Yes he's made mistakes but it's a very difficult thing we're trying to do. Fernandes and the Venkies are clueless.

Moshiri has got rid of our debt immediately. He appointed Koeman (who most of us were very happy with), backed him big time with money, secured finance beyond our wildest dreams previously. He also could've taken the easy option with the ground and gone for Croxteth but instead he's gone for an incredibly complicated, intricate, innovative ground that will make a massive impression and difference to our club. He's built relationships with the council which are crucial and which we'd previously fucked up. There's no way he'd have bought the Liver buildings if Bramley Moore wasn't happening imo.

He's not taking the short cuts or the easy options. He needs to make better decisions in relation to on pitch stuff, no doubt, but that's difficult for every club and he will get that right.

I get that we're all pissed off with things over the last few years but Moshiri is still our massive difference maker and Evertonians should be careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water.

He's our ticket to a much brighter future. There was always going to be a few bumps in the road. Anyone who thought otherwise, just wasn't being realistic.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

March 05, 2018, 11:48:15 PM
Reply #16

Bluedylan

Think the article is OTT personally and is intended to feed the natural pessimism of our fanbase. I think he's got plenty right and the stuff he hasn't got right is fixable.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

September 12, 2018, 12:17:42 AM
Reply #17

Bluedylan

October 14, 2018, 09:21:53 PM
Reply #18

Bluedylan

I met a former director of LFC shortly after our clumsy approach for Silva and he said "you can see Moshiri isn't a football man as you simply don't do that mid season" or words to that effect

I wonder if he's broken etiquette on more stuff than gets out and people are starting to try and find things to get at us / him

The Panorama stuff seemed blown up considering what it was compared to, but is that another example of him being targeted and set up as an example?

Sent from my STF-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Sounds like a bit of a bellend.

Sod etiquette. It's not as though Liverpool operate with etiquette in mind.