October 23, 2019, 05:39:52 PM

Author Topic: Moshiri  (Read 37736 times)

November 19, 2017, 01:15:03 AM
Read 37736 times

KoemansNumberTens

I think much of the problem is in the defining of the role. I don't think Walsh has ever been a director of football here. I don't think he's been allowed to. Koeman ate up much of his role then and now it seems the board want to make the footballing decision on who's manager now

If Walsh has to sign players from koemans list and can't appoint the manager he wants then he can't be blamed when it doesn't work.

We need to decide if we actually want a director of football or not

November 19, 2017, 01:19:25 AM
Reply #1

KoemansNumberTens

If it's accurate that Walsh pushed for the Allardyce-Shakespeare dreamteam, that should be grounds for gross misconduct from the off.

But you have to let him live or die by his decisions

Seems almost accepted that the big signings weren't his choice and now the new manager isn't. So he's really not being allowed to do his job. They've appointed him and now they all want to take part of his job for themselves. He seems to be director of football for the youth teams and the cheap signings

We can't judge him until they let him do the role

November 19, 2017, 01:38:02 AM
Reply #2

KoemansNumberTens

I agree with both points of view.

I believe he hasn't been allowed the proper influence usually afforded to a director of football, HOWEVER, if his choice for our management team was Allardyce and Shakespeare then I'm glad he hasn't had that power to weald.

We'd probably not have been looking for a manager had Walsh been allowed to send the money instead of koeman

The club is a bit of a shambles. Used to always be from the business side now that's sorted it's the football side.

We've half arsed the role. Get rid of it or keep it. Don't pay someone to do it then steal all his responsibilities though.

Only thing I blame Walsh for is not insisting they let him do his job. He might be rubbish but he's currently yet to have a go at the role

November 19, 2017, 03:01:01 AM
Reply #3

KoemansNumberTens

I fear Moshiri is part of the problem.

Makes appointments based on limited knowledge of the game. Makes press announcements which only reinforce that fact and wants to make statements which really arenít necessary.

My gut feeling is he isnít the bloke we hoped we were getting.

I think he's part of the problem. Think he knows very little about football but doesn't realise he knows very little. Too involved with things he shouldn't be involved with.

November 19, 2017, 03:52:35 AM
Reply #4

KoemansNumberTens

Yeah, even though none of us really have any idea, let's just blame Moshiri for everything. Perhaps we can boo him at our next game and all chip in for a plane. Because if there's anything this club needs right now, it's for the fans to turn on our owner and for our owner to decide to fuck off, leaving us well and truly fucked.

I don't think that's what anyone is suggesting. He is giving interviews about players (barkley and McCarthy) he did seem to acknowledge that koeman did as he pleased. The press does always claim he wants to sign this or that big name

Clearly as a business he's improved us. I do worry he's a little too involved with the football side. We have a director of football who hasn't been allowed to sign players or pick the manager (apparently)

November 24, 2017, 11:27:04 PM
Reply #5

KoemansNumberTens

Absolutely believe he has our best interests at heart. Absolutely believe we are a better business for him being here

Football side though he's lost all perspective in an attempt to impress. It's alright when you have a don't take no for an answer policy when you're city and you're taking your pick. Having that when it's Sigurdsson though just leads to you paying more money for a lesser player than you could of got

All our dealings seem to have no concept of time management or value for money. We actually need to take no for an answer. We actually need to learn to walk away when a deal becomes too expensive.

We overpaid on the entire lot in the summer (minus sandro who's fee was set)
Even if the likes of Pickford and Keane prove worth it in the end (zero chance with Keane) we still paid way too much at the point of purchase. Had both clubs over a barrel and paid a premium both times
We are just a really really shit Man City. paying way too much for players no one better than us would consider for a second

November 24, 2017, 11:30:26 PM
Reply #6

KoemansNumberTens

Kid with a new train set mentality. It's my money, my toy and I can do what I want.

I don't even think it's that. He's too eager to please. Getting all the targets regardless of value. We should have laughed in Swanseas faces when they quoted us 50m. He needs to be more sensible. Realise some deals can't be made (at a level that suits us) and walk the fuck away quickly.

I know Walsh isn't popular but we need to at least let him have a go at the job we employed him for.

Christ if he wants Big Sam we should appoint him. That's be honest here pissing around chasing silva and simeone has got us nowhere.
Failing that sack him. We can't really be blaming him for a job he's not been allowed to do.

November 24, 2017, 11:31:01 PM
Reply #7

KoemansNumberTens

Makes a statement about us finding a new manager. People are pissed.

Doesn't make a statement about finding a new manager for a month. People are pissed.

I've come to terms that some of you lot will never be happy, will you? We could win a treble and people would still complain how we celebrated or something.

Surely people just wanted us to find a new manager weeks ago.

March 03, 2018, 08:43:23 PM
Reply #8

KoemansNumberTens

In football terms he's incompetent. Just come in throwing money around on shit players. Made poor decisions in terms of managers. Made poor decisions in terms of DOF. Made poor decisions in terms of what each job even does. We've behaved like Man City only with shit second rate players no one else wanted.

Might sack Walsh and/or Allardyce now. Anyone any faith we'll get the right people in if he does or any faith all the roles won't bleed into each other in a free for all

March 03, 2018, 08:54:02 PM
Reply #9

KoemansNumberTens

Needs to prove hes as ambitious as he claims to be

Think that's all he's proved and in the wrong way. We've gone out and pushed and pushed for our bang average overrated targets regardless of any value for money. He needs to prove he can make clever footballing decisions

March 04, 2018, 12:19:54 AM
Reply #10

KoemansNumberTens

I get what you're saying and I'm certainly not having a pop cos I agree with the vast majority of what you say.

But Moshiri is anything but clueless. Yes he's made mistakes but it's a very difficult thing we're trying to do. Fernandes and the Venkies are clueless.

Moshiri has got rid of our debt immediately. He appointed Koeman (who most of us were very happy with), backed him big time with money, secured finance beyond our wildest dreams previously. He also could've taken the easy option with the ground and gone for Croxteth but instead he's gone for an incredibly complicated, intricate, innovative ground that will make a massive impression and difference to our club. He's built relationships with the council which are crucial and which we'd previously fucked up. There's no way he'd have bought the Liver buildings if Bramley Moore wasn't happening imo.

He's not taking the short cuts or the easy options. He needs to make better decisions in relation to on pitch stuff, no doubt, but that's difficult for every club and he will get that right.

I get that we're all pissed off with things over the last few years but Moshiri is still our massive difference maker and Evertonians should be careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water.

He's our ticket to a much brighter future. There was always going to be a few bumps in the road. Anyone who thought otherwise, just wasn't being realistic.

I don't think the issue is koeman or even Walsh or allardyce in terms of what makes him clueless. It's more that it appears to be a free for all as to who does what. No one appears to be assessing value of players. Everyone appears to have some players they are responsible for have signed and some they aren't

Everyone makes bad appointments but we've got to get the roles defined. We've got to assess value too. It just appeared we were more determined to show our strength in the market than make signings at reasonable value. We need some proper structure and some common sense

June 06, 2019, 10:29:07 PM
Reply #11

KoemansNumberTens

I personally want kenwright on the board for as long as possible.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Iíd be happy to be rid of him. Heís been a fixture on the board through our demise. No investment, missed opportunities and lies. If he was a blue heíd have been strung up

June 06, 2019, 11:10:18 PM
Reply #12

KoemansNumberTens

Demise is Leeds, Blackburn, Villa, W Brom, Stoke, Wimbledon, Luton, Notts Forest, Ipswich, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Coventry, Blackpool, Charlton, Carlisle, Oldham, Bradford, Notts County, Torquay, Leyton Orient, Chesterfield, Stockport............
We don't know we are born living in the Premier League bubble. The real football world is where reality bites.

We came very close to slipping out of the league and us surviving had very little to do with him. If kings dock had been funded (we were told the money was ringfenced) we might be in cityís position now. Bill kenwright being around our club has been to our detriment

June 07, 2019, 01:33:31 AM
Reply #13

KoemansNumberTens

Yeah, Bill shoulda sold up ages ago...to someone like Randy Lerner...or Ellis Short.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

What did he contribute though. He missed open goals in kings dock and NTL Investment. Tried to take us to Kirkby (and failed that) on a rigged vote. What makes him better than the people you mentioned? The fact that we just about survived. The fact the Rooney coming through our youth system saved us financially

I genuinely fail to see anything he achieved here. Zero investment. 2 failed ground moves. Give us the positives