November 24, 2017, 08:12:25 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Watford  (Read 9690 times)

November 03, 2017, 09:41:04 PM
Reply #30

Macca77

Scenes outside Goodison at full time when we win

November 03, 2017, 09:56:30 PM
Reply #31

D15TIN

I think we'll win, hope we get behind them

November 03, 2017, 10:12:49 PM
Reply #32

bluenuck

-----------Pickford

Kenny Jagielka Keane Baines
----------Baningime
--------Gana Rooney
----Vlasic Niasse Mirallas

If Rooneys going to continue to drop deep and leave forwards isolated, then play him deeper, Mirallas & Vlasic have to return, I'd start Niasse too

He'll just play DM if you drop him back. You'll see him going all the way back to the edge of our area to pick up balls and it will mess with our back 4 and Baningime, while leaving Gana our link to our forwards. This won't work.

No matter how high or back up the field you play him he will always just get in the way.

November 03, 2017, 10:14:18 PM
Reply #33

everton1952

I was searching for a public execution scene in case we do not win but could not find one.

November 03, 2017, 10:26:19 PM
Reply #34

Gary1878

Win 2-0. I am optimistic and think we will put it all on the line and get the 3 points. No point in thinking anything less.

COYB

November 03, 2017, 10:46:01 PM
Reply #35

kramer0

Is it blasphemous to want Gana on the bench, at least for a little while? He lacks the positional discipline to play as a lone DM and he ruins attacks when he has license to get forward.

Baningime has shown him up these past three matches. Sits in his area, mops up, maybe dribbles past a man to buy us time, lays the ball off simply, goes back to his area. That's what we need at DM. At the other positions, we need more attack-minded midfielders, like Davies, Sigurdsson, or Klaassen, because our forward players aren't scoring goals if they're isolated (they may not any way, but they’re definitely not if nobody is getting close to them).
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 11:36:52 PM by kramer0 »

November 03, 2017, 10:50:58 PM
Reply #36

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Fuck it

Pickford
Kenny Jagielka Keane Baines
Baningime
Davies Sigurdsson
Vlasic Rooney Mirallas

Was tempted to play Henen just for the sake of it and looking back I'd probably swap Vlasic over to the left

Simply simply lovely

November 03, 2017, 11:07:01 PM
Reply #37

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Is it really blasphemous to want Gana on the bench, at least for a little while? He lacks the positional discipline to play as a lone DM and he ruins attacks when he has license to get forward.

Baningime has shown him up these past three matches. Sits in his area, mops up, maybe dribbles past a man to buy us time, lays the ball off simply, goes back to his area. That's what we need at DM. At the other positions, we need more attack-minded midfielders, like Davies, Sigurdsson, or Klaassen, because our forward players aren't scoring goals if they're isolated (they may not any way, but they’re definitely not if nobody is getting close to them).

I agree with this but might have to wait until we’re more confident and able to express ourselves more.

If next 5 games see three 0-0s and two 1-0 wins then great.

Definitely need one more attacking midfielder in there from yesterday. For home games at least.

November 03, 2017, 11:45:50 PM
Reply #38

kramer0

I agree with this but might have to wait until we’re more confident and able to express ourselves more.

If next 5 games see three 0-0s and two 1-0 wins then great.

Definitely need one more attacking midfielder in there from yesterday. For home games at least.

I can see the logic in that. Still, I can't handle another 60/90 minutes of watching attack after attack die at his feet. I think the defensive issues you're rightfully concerned about are as much to do with our wastefulness in possession as they are to do with having sub-par individual defenders. And Gana is the king of the wasteful-in-possession players.

Sigurdsson and Davies are both responsible, if unspectacular, defenders. I think we can live with the two of them in box-to-box roles in front of a genuine holding player. Especially since my head won't be dropping every time they touch the ball in or around the final third.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 11:47:03 PM by kramer0 »

November 03, 2017, 11:50:43 PM
Reply #39

GrantyBoy78

Teams must be licking their lips at the prospect of playing us.

November 03, 2017, 11:54:22 PM
Reply #40

BlueForYou

Yes - happy to let us have the ball, we offer no threat
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 03, 2017, 11:54:48 PM
Reply #41

GrantyBoy78

A win is the only thing that really matters but if by some miracle we can actually play well, it will give us some hope that we can go on a run and get some points on the board.

Another insipid display and their is a danger the fans will go from angry to just plain disinterested. We’re expecting the team to lose and play shite, every game. It’s a fucking chore supporting this team at the moment.

November 04, 2017, 12:02:00 AM
Reply #42

BlueForYou

It is - and a chore for any incoming manager with the squad available
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 04, 2017, 12:02:23 AM
Reply #43

Simon Paul

Administrator
We need to turn Goodison into a bear pit this season. 

I want us to be hated.  I want teams - and fans - to fear coming to Goodison because we're a gang of bastards.  I want dads saying "No son, I'm not taking you to Everton again, not after last time" after this season.  The fannies. 

I want it to hurt teams to beat us.  Yeah, you might go away with three points, but you'll need to borrow one of our physios to help you all onto the coach.  I want that type of Everton back.

I want away fans to be kept in at the end for their safety.  I want them to miss their trains and hate us.  I want their coach drivers to charge them overtime.  I want their fan clubs to lose their deposits on the coach hire.  I want it to be an absolute pain in the balls to come to Everton.

Because it is for us.  So it better had be for everyone else as well.

November 04, 2017, 12:07:21 AM
Reply #44

BlueForYou

Love the battle-cry - a job for Nigel(take no crap)Pearson, our players(not Rooney) would wet themselves(with fear) if he walked through the door

Would make Koeman look like the fairy godmother

Again, love the battle-cry - more please

Harry Catterick