November 18, 2017, 01:45:28 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Watford  (Read 9271 times)

November 04, 2017, 03:05:30 AM
Reply #60

sam of the south

Pickford
      Holgate Keane Jagielka Baines
                    Baningime
               Davies Sigurdsson
             Vlasic Rooney Lookman

Robles, Besic, Gana, Klaassen, Calvert-Lewin, Lennon, Sandro
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 04, 2017, 03:05:53 AM
Reply #61

Macca77

Remember everyone buzzing about Sandro when we were after him

November 04, 2017, 03:09:23 AM
Reply #62

Juanito

Pickford
Kenny   Jags   Keane  Baines
          Benni     Gana 
             Sigurdsson
 Lookman   Mirallas   Vlasic

November 04, 2017, 03:22:31 AM
Reply #63

kramer0

Beni

Sigurdsson  klaassen

Sandro rooney Lookman

I know it's crazy after all the complaining I've done about how they should never be on the pitch together, but there's now a small part of me that wants to see that Klaassen-Sigurdsson-Rooney triangle in a 4-3-3 structure that might actually support it. Like in the second half of the Chelsea match.

November 04, 2017, 03:29:59 AM
Reply #64

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I know it's crazy after all the complaining I've done about how they should never be on the pitch together, but there's now a small part of me that wants to see that Klaassen-Sigurdsson-Rooney triangle in a 4-3-3 structure that might actually support it. Like in the second half of the Chelsea match.

Yeah definitely same. Itís surely he best case scenario isnít it, they click and you suddenly have 3 nice short passers with great technique and an eye for goal, who are all aggressive in the tackle and hard workers within their own physical abilities.

The smart, triggered pressing without overt pace that @GLewis was talking about.

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 04, 2017, 03:38:50 AM
Reply #65

kramer0

Yeah definitely same. Itís surely he best case scenario isnít it, they click and you suddenly have 3 nice short passers with great technique and an eye for goal, who are all aggressive in the tackle and hard workers within their own physical abilities.

The smart, triggered pressing without overt pace that @GLewis was talking about.

We knew that we needed more goals from midfield this summer.

We've almost certainly shot ourselves in the foot by regularly playing Gana in one of the midfield slots we need goals from.

November 04, 2017, 03:40:25 AM
Reply #66

toffee_scot

This game does feel massive.

I agree with the shouts to bench Gana, he should not be played as an attacking midfielder and he doesn't have the positional discipline to be a holding midfielder that just sits and shields the defence, unless we play with 3 central midfielders then he might have a role being busy in the midfield. If we can get the 2-or-3-man central midfield combination right then I think we will have a good chance.

November 04, 2017, 03:40:57 AM
Reply #67

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We knew that we needed more goals from midfield this summer.

We've almost certainly shot ourselves in the foot by regularly playing Gana in one of the midfield slots we need goals from.

Maybe the thought was - god these guys arenít gelling, we need to be able to semi rely on that area while they get used to one another, and Gana might not be the most creative but he gives you energy and pressing and heís not TERRIBLE on the ball we just need more.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 04, 2017, 04:20:56 AM
Reply #68

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Beni is the only one of that midfield at the moment who actually deserves a starting place
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

November 04, 2017, 07:58:59 AM
Reply #69

Cereal Killer

Beni

Sigurdsson  klaassen

Sandro rooney Lookman

Fucking hell, brap has gone all Kevin Keegan on us

November 04, 2017, 01:11:35 PM
Reply #70

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Beni is the only one of that midfield at the moment who actually deserves a starting place

Thankfully he is a genuine sitting DM.

November 04, 2017, 01:12:05 PM
Reply #71

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Fucking hell, brap has gone all Kevin Keegan on us

Should be able to play this at home vs a Watford but too out of form at the moment.

November 04, 2017, 04:02:53 PM
Reply #72

therealdunc

One request for Unsworth, donít play Ashley Williams under any circumstances .

The lad is past it and a walking liability
Blue

November 04, 2017, 04:04:13 PM
Reply #73

Toddacelli

We need to turn Goodison into a bear pit this season. 

I want us to be hated.  I want teams - and fans - to fear coming to Goodison because we're a gang of bastards.  I want dads saying "No son, I'm not taking you to Everton again, not after last time" after this season.  The fannies. 

I want it to hurt teams to beat us.  Yeah, you might go away with three points, but you'll need to borrow one of our physios to help you all onto the coach.  I want that type of Everton back.

I want away fans to be kept in at the end for their safety.  I want them to miss their trains and hate us.  I want their coach drivers to charge them overtime.  I want their fan clubs to lose their deposits on the coach hire.  I want it to be an absolute pain in the balls to come to Everton.

Because it is for us.  So it better had be for everyone else as well.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

November 04, 2017, 04:11:31 PM
Reply #74

Toddacelli

Pickford

Lennon                        Jagielka                      Baines

Baningime                  Besic

Lookman                   Sigurdsson                     Vlasic

Rooney                     Sandro

I've gone full-on Toddacelli for this one. Go hard or go home or go mad then go home or go full fucking mad and then you can never go back anywhere, home or otherwise.

I want to see us score goalS - fucking PLURAL man!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates