November 18, 2017, 08:58:42 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Watford  (Read 9285 times)

November 06, 2017, 01:05:18 AM
Reply #825

Evertonian in NC

There is always good and bad with Rooney, but I thought he was the best he has been in at least a month (despite the one awful error) in the first half.

He's not a 90' player, though.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 06, 2017, 01:06:02 AM
Reply #826

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Nice to feel that angry fuckin goodison again, the nice kind tho.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 06, 2017, 01:07:35 AM
Reply #827

Gary1878

I am not going to attribute these quotes to anyone (you know who you are!!), but I thought it might be amusing to see the change from 2-0 to the end....

"I never want to watch us play football again."

"Game over. We are going down. Worst team in the league."

to

"We won :) three points, what is this feeling I have now...is it.. happiness?"

"Atleast now the new manager can come in on the back of a morale boosting win."

"Yessssssss!!! What a fucking game"

Good stuff

My wife told me off for screaming the house down when they missed the pen. Finally some happiness!

November 06, 2017, 01:08:12 AM
Reply #828

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Momentum was killed after their player dropped in our box at 2-2. If that didn’t happen we’d have pushed for the winner earlier.

Yes that didn’t help.

November 06, 2017, 01:10:28 AM
Reply #829

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

November 06, 2017, 01:11:09 AM
Reply #830

KoemansNumberTens

I am not going to attribute these quotes to anyone (you know who you are!!), but I thought it might be amusing to see the change from 2-0 to the end....

"I never want to watch us play football again."

"Game over. We are going down. Worst team in the league."

to

"We won :) three points, what is this feeling I have now...is it.. happiness?"

"Atleast now the new manager can come in on the back of a morale boosting win."

"Yessssssss!!! What a fucking game"

Good stuff

My wife told me off for screaming the house down when they missed the pen. Finally some happiness!

Worst team in the league was me. Nice to see some fight and energy and nice to get some luck for once. We have been pretty terrible though. Need a manager sorting now and a positive result against palace and hopefully we can start to move away from the bottom

November 06, 2017, 01:11:27 AM
Reply #831

eugene

Right Songs of Praise maybe a little Antiques Roadshow couple of bangers for the lids
Little lovin with the Mrs and into work tomorrow without takin shit off all and sundry,,,,,

November 06, 2017, 01:11:41 AM
Reply #832

Major Clanger

Fuck me we needed that.

Not a great deal different to every other game this year, Swiss cheese defence and terrible midfield passing, but we got the Rub of the green and chest thumped our way to 3 desperately needed points.

The difference was that at least we bought a lottery ticket by putting on players who can run at their defenders and terrify them. We didn't create much but Watford is a good team built from shit players, so if you can isolate them, you've always got a chance.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

November 06, 2017, 01:13:17 AM
Reply #833

Normm

Aside from Niasse’s effort right at the end we had no other open play chances and that was with all the momentum going our way.

Baines had an open goal chance but shot too close to the keeper. Also Sigs - with the goal at his mercy, but their keeper made a good save.

Their first goal was far too easy for them. That openness should never have been allowed. But, after Niasse scored and the changes were made we looked a far better and balanced team.

November 06, 2017, 01:16:18 AM
Reply #834

sam of the south

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 06, 2017, 01:18:19 AM
Reply #835

howard1334

Unsworth isn't the man to take us forward but fair play to him for giving it everything and his passion is clear to see. He deserved that as much as anyone today and if that's looking like his send off that's not a bad way to go out

Yeah, I think he will need to leave to get some experience managing in League 1 or the Championship if he wants to progress. But it is kind of sad, as he clearly cares a lot for the club and probably wants to stick around.

November 06, 2017, 01:25:33 AM
Reply #836

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Have we just overlooked the fact DCL scored his first ever PL goal?

Or did he score one last season.

November 06, 2017, 01:26:07 AM
Reply #837

Shogun

Administrator
Have we just overlooked the fact DCL scored his first ever PL goal?

Or did he score one last season.

Definitely scored against Hull last season

Maybe he just hates Marco Silva
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 06, 2017, 01:49:33 AM
Reply #838

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 06, 2017, 01:51:08 AM
Reply #839

Toddacelli

What a relief. I thought they'd completely lost their fight. That's what we need to build on. Oumar Niasse could hardly walk at the end of that. He deserves a medal.  ;D

Niasse fast becoming this season's Strcqualursi - but with goals!

Niasse! Niasse!
They go in off his ass!
Niasse! Niasse!
They go in off his ass!

Like the last goal he scored (I think) he just battled it in through sheer willpower, running through brick walls.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates