November 23, 2017, 11:47:44 AM

Author Topic: Everton Poppy Badges for sale  (Read 480 times)

November 03, 2017, 06:19:13 PM
Read 480 times

alhickling89

Hi there! Leicester city fan coming in peace. I recently ordered some Leicester poppy badges from the RBL and they have arrived today and there is a slight issue with them if you can spot it. I have asked for an exchange and they are sending me the correct ones now but said i can keep the Everton ones. I have no use for them as i know no Everton fans. If someone would like one i will post them to you free of charge for either 3 (face value) sent to myself or donated to the RBL. Any money that goes to me 100% of it will go to the RBL.

If anyone is interested please PM me.

Donations here:

http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/get-involved/ways-to-give/make-a-donation/
[​IMG]https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Flh3.googleusercontent.com%2F-ZQkmkczEfS8%2FWfxXjVTYpfI%2FAAAAAAAAEpo%2FPzFwNfJQpZMYIByQlI3Q616fmNiGZEN2gCK8BGAs%2Fs512%2F2017-11-03.jpg&hash=736017017d2a498c61d19a196286c1f6[/IMG]

deCoubertin

November 04, 2017, 03:49:14 PM
Reply #1

therealdunc

A great cause , thank you for the heads up
Blue

November 04, 2017, 04:09:58 PM
Reply #2

Tofifee

Would be a great cause if it commemerated all victims of all wars
As it is it doesnt, so it isnt
I take no pride in the way Britain behaved in countries like India and especially Ireland
I am a proud scouser but never been a proud "Brit"

November 04, 2017, 04:17:43 PM
Reply #3

Jamokachi

November 04, 2017, 04:41:13 PM
Reply #4

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Would be a great cause if it commemerated all victims of all wars
As it is it doesnt, so it isnt
I take no pride in the way Britain behaved in countries like India and especially Ireland
I am a proud scouser but never been a proud "Brit"

It has absolutely nothing to do with whether you are a proud "Brit" or not. We are talking here about supporting the Royal British Legion who do a magnificent job in supporting numerous causes, helping service men and women rebuild their lives after life changing injuries, helping the widows and their children manage after losing their husband/wife, father/mother. My elderly mother living alone was able to call "Poppy care" to help with minor jobs around the house when she couldn't manage, this was a free service provided by ex-servicemen who were paid a modest salary by the Legion untill they could find work. I don't care if the British Legion doesn't support other nations , we can't support the world but thank God we have an organisation that supports our own who didn't ask to be killed/maimed/traumatised in Iraq and Afghanistan more recently.

November 04, 2017, 05:19:52 PM
Reply #5

Tofifee

All due respect to you and your mam, but if you think thats all the poppy represents, then you dont know much abotu the poppy mate

Read what James McLean says about it, and see it from the pov of someone from that backround

My own grandparents are/were Irish and for all your heart warming story, I could give you a horrible one which because of the parachute regiment also is connected to the same poppy bravado
But i wont on here , suffice to say, I and MANY other scousers do not wear/buy poppys

November 04, 2017, 05:27:48 PM
Reply #6

Gash

Global Moderator
There's a General Forum if anyone wants the annual poppy/James McLean debate.