September 19, 2018, 05:39:22 PM

Author Topic: [News]Silva has no problems giving youth a chance  (Read 718 times)

June 14, 2018, 06:45:32 PM
Read 718 times

Everton News

Silva has no problems giving youth a chance

New Everton boss Marco Silva says he is more than prepared to give young players at the club a chance in the first team if they are good enough.

Source: Silva has no problems giving youth a chance

June 14, 2018, 08:08:57 PM
Reply #1

kramer0

It's nice to hear because we have a bunch that are good enough.

We lose nothing in terms of competitiveness with Holgate, Davies, Lookman, and Calvert-Lewin on the pitch. All of them are worthy of regular minutes this upcoming season.

June 14, 2018, 08:22:21 PM
Reply #2

Waltzer

It's nice to hear because we have a bunch that are good enough.

We lose nothing in terms of competitiveness with Holgate, Davies, Lookman, and Calvert-Lewin on the pitch. All of them are worthy of regular minutes this upcoming season.

I have doubts about Holgate, Davies and Calvert-lewin ever being good enough in the long run if im being honest. Think there is a lot of potential with Lookman, but he could go either way, I think itll be Baningime that'll have the biggest impact this season from all of our youth team players, seems to have good athleticism and a lot of potential

June 14, 2018, 09:05:55 PM
Reply #3

formerKHL

right up until the pressure is on....then lets see....

June 14, 2018, 10:54:37 PM
Reply #4

Paddockoldie

Very Clough-esk with the good enough, old enough. Young players with the right talent will give 110% whereas older one's with less offer less. It's about getting the balance right.

June 15, 2018, 05:36:40 PM
Reply #5

Rodenplav64

Nice to hear even if the FM generation want to buy a new squad twice a year . A little check in the cupboard before you go shopping makes sense .

June 15, 2018, 05:41:28 PM
Reply #6

Rodenplav64

I have doubts about Holgate, Davies and Calvert-lewin ever being good enough in the long run if im being honest. Think there is a lot of potential with Lookman, but he could go either way, I think itll be Baningime that'll have the biggest impact this season from all of our youth team players, seems to have good athleticism and a lot of potential

Personally think Davies suffered massively from the complete fuck up we were last season . Holgate did little wrong in comparison to much more experienced defenders and Calvert-Lewin was asked to lead a team when he should only have been learning from the bench . Didn't see enough of Beni but there was obvious discipline in him which could help out Gana in a more solid midfield . He again needs to be learning from the bench . Lookman could do no worse than Bolasie in my eyes .

June 15, 2018, 08:22:12 PM
Reply #7

Evertonian in NC

Personally think Davies suffered massively from the complete fuck up we were last season . Holgate did little wrong in comparison to much more experienced defenders and Calvert-Lewin was asked to lead a team when he should only have been learning from the bench . Didn't see enough of Beni but there was obvious discipline in him which could help out Gana in a more solid midfield . He again needs to be learning from the bench . Lookman could do no worse than Bolasie in my eyes .

Absolutely agreed.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin