November 21, 2018, 01:33:20 PM

Author Topic: Panorama  (Read 12386 times)

November 04, 2017, 02:30:45 PM
Read 12386 times

Gash

Global Moderator
What like the Venkys did, or all the people that have owned Leeds? lolol

Think it's fairly obvious that the fit amd proper test isn't fit and proper itself.

The Venky's were financially fine, they just didn't have the finances required for a modern Premier League club. They also didn't have a clue about football and didn't realise you could be relegated from the Premier League.

Leeds is different as the fit and proper check isn't nearly as strict in the Championship as it is in the Premier League.

Just saw a trailer for the programme, it's not about Everton it's about people and offshore money, we'll probably hardly get a mention.

November 04, 2017, 04:07:25 PM
Reply #1

Gash

Global Moderator
I think you need to do your research on the Venkys.
Everything you have wrote is factually incorrect

They do have enough money to run a premier league club, they just donít want to spend any of their own money

They were fully aware of relegation, they talk about it in various interviews

They hired in chief execs to advise them regarding football, which is why Steve Kean got the job  :eh:

Clearly they were badly advised, but what you have wrote is factually incorrect

My original point was they they did have the finances to pass the fit and proper test, whether they were willing/able to fund a Premier League club we'll never know as they've clearly not done it hence them being nowhere near the Premier League. They also don't have a clue about football and have neglected the club for years. There's nothing incorrect about those two statements.

Beyond that I don't really care enough to research what's going on with them.