November 18, 2017, 11:37:41 PM

Author Topic: Niasse  (Read 5661 times)

November 07, 2017, 01:09:51 AM
Reply #150

blue slug

Were forwards like Andy Cole great footballers or just good goal scorers? I guess what Im saying is if you stuck niasse in that side with beckham, giggs and scholes I do think hed of scored goals
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 01:12:24 AM by blue slug »

deCoubertin

November 07, 2017, 01:12:30 AM
Reply #151

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Hang on, Gerd Muller, Inzaghi, Niasse...?!

Much more likely that hes in the Beckford bracket, except Beckford had better technique whereas Niasse is more selfless.

November 07, 2017, 01:13:16 AM
Reply #152

everton1952

Granted Niasse will not make any list of Everton greats, like Dennis Straquar whatsitname.  But we are in the deep shit player-wise for the next 2 -3 months, so what do you expect? The hole is deep and will take a while to climb out of it.  Everyone to the pump.

November 07, 2017, 01:17:49 AM
Reply #153

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Gone a tad mental in here but I love it.

November 07, 2017, 01:17:56 AM
Reply #154

eyesalwaysblue

The art of looking a gift horse in the mouth is alive and well.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

November 07, 2017, 01:29:05 AM
Reply #155

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He's this years Valencia but he's scoring a few goals to boot. Be massively surprised if he has longevity here but it's still a fairytale for him

November 07, 2017, 01:38:01 AM
Reply #156

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Considering the chances we're creating in this team you have to give a certain amount of respect to those that have been able to score this season. It's a pretty short list too Niasse, Rooney and now DCL.

November 07, 2017, 06:42:03 AM
Reply #157

Thomas

I am still getting over the fact we went from a great forward to playing a guy who didn't even have a locker.

November 07, 2017, 03:00:22 PM
Reply #158

bigmanbob

You have not been following Everton for long then....we have had much worse than him. There is a thread that will give you nghtmares....
No, just the 44 years  :P

He's made for a super sub for me, he literally runs himself into the ground and never gives defenses a minute, at the end of a game with tired oppo legs that can be very useful
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 03:03:38 PM by bigmanbob »

November 07, 2017, 03:09:37 PM
Reply #159

Lxxx

I am still getting over the fact we went from a great forward to playing a guy who didn't even have a locker.

Been that way for a while, it's taking you long enough.

November 07, 2017, 03:30:02 PM
Reply #160

gizzblue

Literally the only player we have at the minute who will run through walls for the badge .. .aside the youngsters .

November 07, 2017, 06:57:27 PM
Reply #161

SANA_DR0

The art of looking a gift horse in the mouth is alive and well.

never understood that expression.. lol whats a gift horse? how do you get them?
Literally the only player we have at the minute who will run through walls for the badge .. .aside the youngsters .

^ which is why i have all the time in the world for him.

He's like the old Everton, maybe thats why Koeman stopped using him.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

November 07, 2017, 07:06:31 PM
Reply #162

Gary1878

I don't know how anyone can dislike him. His attitude is one that needs to rub off onto others.

He gets fired up without being ill-disciplined, which Rooney and Schneiderlin could learn from. He also does have a semi-decent first touch, pace and a good finish.

All in all, he is a very good option from the bench at the very least, and not a bad option from the start, especially with the way things are.

November 07, 2017, 08:49:26 PM
Reply #163

bacon sarnie

I don't know how anyone can dislike him. His attitude is one that needs to rub off onto others.

He gets fired up without being ill-disciplined, which Rooney and Schneiderlin could learn from. He also does have a semi-decent first touch, pace and a good finish.

All in all, he is a very good option from the bench at the very least, and not a bad option from the start, especially with the way things are.

Fearless too. Doubt we beat Watford if he didn't take out two players with one strike and he's done it before resulting in the ball in the back of the net instead of the opposition.

For all the owl arses - he could be a mean David Fairclough if we ever sign a 'top notch' striker.

November 07, 2017, 09:10:32 PM
Reply #164

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
never understood that expression.. lol whats a gift horse? how do you get them?
^ which is why i have all the time in the world for him.

He's like the old Everton, maybe thats why Koeman stopped using him.

It's to do with looking in the mouth of a horse to determine its age by its teeth, as they change as it gets older. It was considered rude to do it if you have been given a horse as a gift.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers: