November 20, 2018, 11:33:14 AM

Author Topic: Niasse  (Read 43694 times)

November 19, 2017, 09:06:18 PM
Reply #15

Ross

I do love the best signing of the summer bit. He absolutely has but to put it in perspective me on a free would have been the second best signing of the summer

What’s your keepie uppie record like?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 20, 2017, 02:53:07 AM
Reply #16

Ross

I used to be able to do 100 no problem. Obviously I'm not quite as good as the other signings but I'm a lot cheaper

If we could have the window again me at 300 quid a week on a free is a lot better deal than Sigurdsson at 45m and 120k a week

I’m sure you’re a capable fella, I myself have been known to juggle a couple of tangerines at Christmas after a couple of snowballs, but I’d much rather see a professional footballer doing his job than some fella off the Internet claiming to be able to.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 21, 2017, 06:03:37 PM
Reply #17

Ross

So almost a third of the way through the season and Niasse is the first player in the league to exaggerate contract. Pretty remarkable.

That’s 120 games played so far, 10,800 minuets of football and not once before has any of the other 500/600 footballers reacted in such a manner.

Another Everton first for the list.

November 21, 2017, 06:28:45 PM
Reply #18

Ross

The panel consists of an ex referee, ex player and ex manager, would love to know who they were, imagine if Fowler or Aldridge were the player and Souness the ex Manager !

https://twitter.com/skysports_bryan/status/932945575636545536?s=17

November 21, 2017, 10:14:50 PM
Reply #19

Ross

November 22, 2017, 09:49:28 PM
Reply #20

Ross

So is there any point in this appeal process?

Basically you’re guilty as charged with the FA. I can’t believe they’ve reassessed this with another “impartial 3 man panel” and all six have come to the same unanimous decision in such as short space of time from being charged and being convicted.

Also who’s job is it bring these incidents before a panel? The refs? Some nobody at the FA? Somebodys got to be responsible for looking at these incidents to decided if they’re worthy of investigation. Are these incidents just judged on how much noise the tv pundits make?

November 23, 2017, 04:41:51 PM
Reply #21

Ross

If the ref had have done the time honoured tradition and “evened it up” with another dubious decision would we be getting two players suspended from both teams and the ref going unpunished?

There was no doubt in Taylor’s mind straight away it was a penalty, there’s no appeal from Niasse (it was awarded so quickly such was Taylor’s certainty he never had chance) and there’s clearly contact from Dann with the deliberate shoulder charge into Niasses chest, plus for all we know the linesman may have been in full agreement with him and said “penalty” through the headpieces. Yet all the officials go unpunished for this as if they’ve done nothing wrong by being so easily and blatantly “deceived”.

It’s all so badly wrong. Besides the punishment not fitting the crime there’s the trial by media for a few days and the questionable impartiality that brings with it, the farcical review procedure, the officials getting away with it Scot free and Palace not benefiting in away from the whole process.

The whole things ridiculous really and it’s not just because we’re involved I’d think the same way whether it was any other of the 18 teams in the league.

December 11, 2017, 12:02:27 AM
Reply #22

Ross

Didn’t seem to really know his role I thought. One minute he was the outlet ball on the right the next he’s on the left being asked to track their winger.

Certainly not his finest hour but I don’t think the tactics helped him.

January 11, 2018, 05:17:58 PM
Reply #23

Ross

I'm reading Niasse is off to Palace.

The reports reckon we're going to get close to the £13.5m that we paid for him. On paper it seems like a good deal, but I reckon it leaves us really short up top; It's hard to argue that Rooney is a striker, Tosun is an unknown quantity on these shores, Sandro is a question mark that either is legitimately rubbish or Allardyce doesn't rate him and DCL looks shattered.

At least Niasse can sometimes toey it in from inside the area.

Thoughts?

Thoughts? Pretty much spot on.

Can’t see why a squad extremely short on goals would sell their 2nd highest goal scorer.