October 19, 2018, 01:32:46 PM

Author Topic: Niasse  (Read 41573 times)

November 19, 2017, 06:15:47 PM
Reply #285

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
All keepers do stupid things.

Yeah but some are more stupid than others.

You can argue Robles improved last season compared to before that, but his decision making remains so poor that he's simply not PL standard.

You'll note that despite it being clear he has no future with us, he can't get a move away and has resorted to his representatives making clear to the media and anyone who will listen that he's willing to drop down the leagues.

November 19, 2017, 06:29:04 PM
Reply #286

Ross

You can argue Robles improved last season compared to before that, but his decision making remains so poor that he's simply not PL standard.

You'll note that despite it being clear he has no future with us, he can't get a move away and has resorted to his representatives making clear to the media and anyone who will listen that he's willing to drop down the leagues.

The “not premier league standard” is a line trotted out often about certain players, Niasse an obvious example, but it belies the fact they are in fact playing, and have played, in a relatively successful premier league team for a considerable amount of time.

Robles last season played well by and and large as his stats show, but similar to Niasse this season as this thread shows, some won’t ever acknowledge it no matter what they do in a game.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 19, 2017, 06:40:15 PM
Reply #287

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
The “not premier league standard” is a line trotted out often about certain players, Niasse an obvious example, but it belies the fact they are in fact playing, and have played, in a relatively successful premier league team for a considerable amount of time.

Robles last season played well by and and large as his stats show, but similar to Niasse this season as this thread shows, some won’t ever acknowledge it no matter what they do in a game.

Well perhaps I'll be proved wrong and he'll go on to have a successful career as a keeper at a top flight club.

November 19, 2017, 06:44:32 PM
Reply #288

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah The nowhere near premier league standard line is a pile of crap

There is some total dogshit players in the premier league, even at the top 6 clubs

So to say that one who is scoring regularly and causing trouble is nowhere near premier league standard is ridiculous

Palace were fucking terrified of him yesterday
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

November 19, 2017, 06:45:17 PM
Reply #289

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Robles is an ok keeper for a mid table club. Just glad he's with us as a lower tier club.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

November 19, 2017, 06:48:50 PM
Reply #290

Major Clanger

Robles was absolute toilet last season.

Go have a watch of the penalty he gave away against Burnley.

One of the most idiotic things I've ever seen a goalie do.

You should watch the Championship highlights from yesterday then :)

The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

November 19, 2017, 06:53:46 PM
Reply #291

SANA_DR0

Niasse must be a ghost or something, he makes other teams shit themselves..

thats the only thing i can think of to explain why all his goals seem to come from the other team making a mistake.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

November 19, 2017, 07:14:40 PM
Reply #292

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
It's because he is so unorthodox, no one knows what he's going to do. He certainly has that x-factor.

He looks a real bargain at 13 million now, doesn't he? Best goal to minutes ratio in the league. Had he played from the beginning of the season, he may well be close to top scorer in the league. Incredible when you think about it. Have nothing but praise for the guy. He's proved many of us wrong.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

November 19, 2017, 07:19:50 PM
Reply #293

Lxxx

I agree. Robles looks a half decent keeper sometimes because he's fuckin huge. Like the kid at school who is far and away the biggest in his year so by default he goes in goal. He comes and catches balls he has every right to claim, he makes himself big one on one because he is so big and he gives the ball a fair old boot because he probably has size 14 boots. 
After that if you ask him to think about what he's going to do he makes some bizarre decisions which don't look right for a professional footballer.

November 19, 2017, 07:21:17 PM
Reply #294

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Great finish, deadly.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 19, 2017, 07:35:56 PM
Reply #295

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Damn. Niasse doesn't have the best goals to minute ratio anymore. Anthony Martial does. By one minute!

November 19, 2017, 07:36:25 PM
Reply #296

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Also, doesn't Niasse get awarded the assist for Baines's goal?

November 19, 2017, 07:45:36 PM
Reply #297

gizzblue

I've just had a horrible thought ......did Martinez really know he was phenomenal ....did he actually know what he was doing .
Was Martinez actually some sort of guru ?.

Naaa fuck that he was shite .....just give my head a wobble 😅

November 19, 2017, 08:15:00 PM
Reply #298

Major Clanger

I've just had a horrible thought ......did Martinez really know he was phenomenal ....did he actually know what he was doing .
Was Martinez actually some sort of guru ?.

Nah, he just does football management like I play chess.

I come up with really elaborate and brilliant battle plans only for them to collapse two moves in because I only ever think about the best case scenario and not about how things can go wrong. So if a player has one good attribute, he's automatically phenomenal for Martinez, regardless of all his obvious flaws.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

November 19, 2017, 08:59:34 PM
Reply #299

KoemansNumberTens

I love how these claims inflate, a week ago it was "someone said he was in the top six", then he was the 3rd best, now 2nd best. You know what, I'll get it in first so that you can continue the pattern: I think he is the absolute best goalkeeper in the league.

There, now you can go "someone even said he's the best". :)

It was said yesterday in the Pickford thread (I assume)
I can't help the claims others make. I do find them baffling though. He's made numerous mistakes this season