December 10, 2018, 07:12:34 PM

Author Topic: Crystal Palace v Everton - Sat 18th November - 3pm  (Read 20642 times)

November 08, 2017, 11:25:49 PM
Read 20642 times

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I'd keep lookman and Lennon and even dcl on the bench as they can change a game if needed whereas others can't really

Id go

Pickford
Kenny Jagielka Keane Baines
Baningime
Davies Sigurdsson Gueye*
Rooney
Niasse

*Gueye is in by skin of teeth tbh. I couldn't think of anyone else

I think both Gueye and Davies are in by the skin of their teeth, Davies was absolute shite against Watford
we better have Vlassic and Lennon on the bench, in fact I would start Vlassic instead of Davies.

November 10, 2017, 02:58:12 PM
Reply #1

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford
Kenny Jags Keane Baines

Beni
Gueye Sigurdsson

Lennon Niasse Rooney

Sort of donít know what Iím doing here. Want one sitting and two energetic fellas, and I want I guess Niasse on the pitch cause man scores goals so thatís like a fluid top 3 that presses and ya rooney false 9 looking for Niasse and sig to get beyond him or Lennon on the break.

I think that team gets beat and hopefully unsie has more of an idea than me!

Do we all really think Rooney deserves to start ?

November 12, 2017, 02:23:06 PM
Reply #2

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah Holgate gets done on the regular himself. Did well against Sane though if I remember correctly?

I think stick with Kenny while heís hit form, and put Lennon on that side as well to double up.

Baines and Vlasic or Lookman on the other.

These are dogshite but have turned it around a bit and will fancy themselves at home against us. If they beat us they drag us right into it.

To be honest, I dunno, donít really fancy us here with our current away record. Draw wouldnít be terrible but every win is gold dust atm in my opinion.

If these are "dogshite" with Zaha, Loftus Cheek and Benteke then I don't know what we are ? Hodgson is slowly getting them organised and a point would be a decent result, we were lucky to get three last week against Watford, if Cleveley hadn't missed we would still be in the drop zone.

November 12, 2017, 03:23:38 PM
Reply #3

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
We should be aiming for all 3 points against the bottom team. One point will just confirm that we are at their level and the reality is although we are playing poorly atm we are able to do much more with the squad we have. Must go for the win and I think we will win it.

Of course we should be aiming for three points, nobody would dispute that and we must go for the win but still maintain that a point is a realistic outcome given that we are no better than them on current form
and they have hone advantage.

November 12, 2017, 04:13:18 PM
Reply #4

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Sad state of affairs ain't it that we we are considering whether home advantage will   come into play against the bottom team in the league.

Yes, it is a sad state of affairs, agree entirely but as I said, where it not for a penalty miss we would be second bottom and yes, home advantage does play a significant part.

November 14, 2017, 04:48:51 PM
Reply #5

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
                      Pickford
Kenny      Keane    Jagielka      Baines

Schneiderlin
Davis                                   Mirallas
                   Sigurdsson

Rooney (Niasse on from 60)
2-0 win, Mirallas and Niasse

We could probably even add Gueye to that starting ten and stand an even better chance !

November 19, 2017, 04:49:26 AM
Reply #6

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Without a serious upturn in performances (which there's currently no sign of) I think there's a fair chance we could go down.

Obviously when the window opens we might buy our way out or hopefully Bolasie, Coleman and barkley can make contributions but this team under this management. We'd be lucky to survive from the evidence we see on maychd
ays
Forget about Barkley, give a fuck if he plays again or not.

November 19, 2017, 03:06:27 PM
Reply #7

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Taken me 9 hours to travel home 5 miles from Selhurst park. #shitfaced

One of the shitiest ground locations in the PL, to stand any chance of getting back to Victoria within 2 hours from Norwood Junction you have to leave the ground ten minutes before the end.

November 19, 2017, 11:55:49 PM
Reply #8

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
You can normally get the train to/from Thornton Heath from Victoria. That line had engineering works yesterday which is why it was even more chaotic than usual at Norwood Junction.

They were running rail replacement buses from Thornton Heath but I imagine it would have been chaos there too. I just got on a local bus and went to Streatham, so it wasn't too bad.

Doubt we'll need to worry about going there next season (unless we're both in the Championship of course) !