November 24, 2017, 10:55:28 PM

Poll

Sign his new contract

Author Topic: Ross Barkley. Will he, or won't he?  (Read 6740 times)

November 12, 2017, 10:02:57 PM
Reply #120

Lxxx

Err No.  Perfectly logical reasons for it but carry on

Of course there are logical reasons for it but the situation is what it is.

deCoubertin

November 12, 2017, 10:09:13 PM
Reply #121

Shogun

Administrator
If Sissoko can find a way into the Spurs side then so can Barkley.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 14, 2017, 10:31:15 PM
Reply #122

Toddacelli

Had a dream the other night that Barkley joined Man City.

He was awesome in the middle with that Fernandinho and they beat Newcastle 6-0.

I really want him to be a part of our revitalised form post-Christmas and sign a 2-year with a buy-out clause over a certain amount. i.e. - will will get cash money for him, but we won't stand in his way if he really wants to go.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

November 15, 2017, 12:55:56 AM
Reply #123

GrantyBoy78

Ross will either leave in Jan for peanuts or in the summer for free. They’re the only 2 options. Quite likely he’ll not play for the club again.

November 15, 2017, 01:54:51 AM
Reply #124

Waltzer

Ross will either leave in Jan for peanuts or in the summer for free. They're the only 2 options. Quite likely he'll not play for the club again.
Yep. Tbh I don't really care what he does, but it'd be refreshing for him to sign a pre contract with someone abroad. He isn't getting a game anywhere else better than us in England but he could really make a name for himself at a champions league team in Spain or Italy, similar to what Nzonzi did. English players tend not to think outside the box and want the easy life, which I think is to the detriment of the national team

November 15, 2017, 02:14:39 AM
Reply #125

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
...give a fuck ...., in the words of Gordon Strachan," I've  far more important things to think about, there's a joghurt in my fridge that expires tomorrow"

November 15, 2017, 05:44:12 AM
Reply #126

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It is ludicrous to think that Barkley would get in any of the current top 4 or 5 teams, so unless he regards sitting on their bench as career progression it is hard to see what he can gain by leaving, except maybe a signing on fee. He might even be thinking longer term by hoping he could eventually improve to the required level to make their first team and earn medals which he will probably never get at Everton.

Working with a coach like Pochettino who might help him progress like the other players under his guidance? That's just for starters.

After working under Koeman and Martinez (polar opposites of each other in a way, both ultimately unsuccessful) I could see the temptation.

Sissoko is even getting CL game time.

November 15, 2017, 02:03:39 PM
Reply #127

Waltzer

Working with a coach like Pochettino who might help him progress like the other players under his guidance? That's just for starters.

After working under Koeman and Martinez (polar opposites of each other in a way, both ultimately unsuccessful) I could see the temptation.

Sissoko is even getting CL game time.

I struggle with this constant 'if Sissoko can do it anyone can' mentality, the bloke has 50+ caps for France, and he hasnt just accumulated these whilst working under 'God', aka Pochettino. Hes played at every level for his national team, he is a lot better than people give him credit for and he'd have walked straight into our team back then, and now. Barkley struggles to get into one of the worst England squads in decades and has been overlooked by more than 1 manager.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 02:16:29 PM by Waltzer »

November 15, 2017, 02:28:39 PM
Reply #128

GrantyBoy78

Fair play to Ross, him and his advisors saw straight through the takeover and he obviously didn’t believe in ‘the project’ enough to sign up to it. He’s going in one direction while we go in the other. Only got ourselves to blame.

November 15, 2017, 05:45:24 PM
Reply #129

Lxxx

Fair play to Ross, him and his advisors saw straight through the takeover and he obviously didn’t believe in ‘the project’ enough to sign up to it. He’s going in one direction while we go in the other. Only got ourselves to blame.

Not really. We finished 7th and were in with a shout of top 4 until about 6 weeks to go of the season, with a season in Europe to come and a new stadium planned. There was nothing to 'see through' as everything looked positive in the summer. 

November 15, 2017, 06:05:38 PM
Reply #130

mikey_blue

I highly doubt he's seen through Everton's plans. He didn't like Koeman, he doesn't like getting boo'd by fans for every little thing and he wants more money. His star hasn't went super nova and it's not like teams are falling over themselves to sign him. Two teams see him as a useful addition at a knock down rate. He'll ride the bench at Chelsea, or work with a world class manager who's going to try and turn him into Dembele's backup/ successor.

November 15, 2017, 07:44:50 PM
Reply #131

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I struggle with this constant 'if Sissoko can do it anyone can' mentality, the bloke has 50+ caps for France, and he hasnt just accumulated these whilst working under 'God', aka Pochettino. Hes played at every level for his national team, he is a lot better than people give him credit for and he'd have walked straight into our team back then, and now. Barkley struggles to get into one of the worst England squads in decades and has been overlooked by more than 1 manager.

Sissoko is just hit and miss, some would say like Barkley was the only correlation.

Bigger point is you could see the attraction of working under Pochettino at the moment, as well as the opportunity to be at a club who are playing CL football.

November 15, 2017, 08:29:20 PM
Reply #132

Bluedylan

Let me put this delicately. You don't half talk some negative, miserablist shite. Where on earth are you getting this drivel from?

Regardless of our ups and downs, since Moshiri arrived we are in a significantly better position as a club than we were previously.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 16, 2017, 04:39:24 AM
Reply #133

gizzblue

Fair play to Ross, him and his advisors saw straight through the takeover and he obviously didn't believe in "the project' enough to sign up to it. He's going in one direction while we go in the other. Only got ourselves to blame.
Its a shame his advisors never said don't tap an angry piss head on the face in a darkened night club 😅😅.