June 24, 2019, 06:35:27 PM

Author Topic: Jordan Pickford  (Read 13779 times)

November 13, 2017, 08:25:26 PM
Reply #75

BlueNoseMike

I think Butland still has the edge, and is only a year older.

But... I don't spend anything like the same time analysing Butland in detail so I rarely see or hear of his minor errors.

Also it's difficult to quantify the cost of injuries, something which Butland is developing a nasty habit for.

Had an absolute howler against Leicester last week and has let in other saveable goals. Same goes for Forster (who I know nobody has mentioned but I'll admit I was a fan of), he seems a bit slow to get down for low shots.

November 13, 2017, 08:53:08 PM
Reply #76

bacon sarnie

Hes not even the 6th best in the league atm.

Names please.......

November 13, 2017, 09:12:58 PM
Reply #77

Lxxx

I think his distribution could be a massive asset when we do finally get some pace and presence up top. Imagine if Mignolet was firing the type of balls Pickford does at Mane and Salah. We should be trying to buy in a similar mould with a quarterback type goalkeeper in the team.

November 14, 2017, 12:48:15 AM
Reply #78

Martip

Go on then, i'll take the bait, name 5 better keepers than him.
De Gea, lloris, coutois, butland, forster, ederson for starters. I'd argue from what I've seen SO FAR that gomes , cech, foster and maybe even a fit Heaton have shown as much if not more. I'm not saying he may not become a great keeper and I hope he does of course but in the prem league he's shown no more if as much as the 2nd list above....certainly no where near enough to challenge the first 5 yet.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 01:32:36 AM by Martip »

November 14, 2017, 12:51:53 AM
Reply #79

cantoffee

Forster? Absolutely turgid shite he is. Can't get down quick enough to save those little pea shots Pienaar used to roll to goalkeepers.

Butland might be, although jury's still out and he seems to struggle with injury problem.

November 14, 2017, 12:51:53 AM
Reply #80

D15TIN

De Gea, lloris, coutois, butland, forster for starters. I'd argue from what I've seen SO FAR that gomes , cech, foster and maybe even a fit Heaton have shown as much if not more. I'm not saying he may not become a great keeper and I hope he does of course but in the prem league he's shown no more if as much as the 2nd list above....certainly no where near enough to challenge the first 5 yet.
Cechs been poor from what ive seen

November 14, 2017, 01:13:25 AM
Reply #81

sirblue57

De Gea, lloris, coutois, butland, forster for starters. I'd argue from what I've seen SO FAR that gomes , cech, foster and maybe even a fit Heaton have shown as much if not more. I'm not saying he may not become a great keeper and I hope he does of course but in the prem league he's shown no more if as much as the 2nd list above....certainly no where near enough to challenge the first 5 yet.

first three, maybe, but have quality defence and outlet in front of them, think pickford would improve a lot with this as well.
butland and forster? nah, overall, we have a quality keeper, just another 10 players to sort now.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

November 14, 2017, 01:32:04 AM
Reply #82

Martip

first three, maybe, but have quality defence and outlet in front of them, think pickford would improve a lot with this as well.
butland and forster? nah, overall, we have a quality keeper, just another 10 players to sort now.
1st 3 maybe ? They are miles ahead !

November 14, 2017, 01:35:12 AM
Reply #83

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Forster lolol

November 14, 2017, 01:38:53 AM
Reply #84

sirblue57

1st 3 maybe ? They are miles ahead !
de Gea was iffy when he first came, and that was with a better all round team than we have,lloris has not been the most consistant keeper until recently,and courtois  is good, but if he had our fucking defence in front of him,I doubt he would be much better than Pickford, then again, would any of them?

November 14, 2017, 01:44:20 AM
Reply #85

Martip

de Gea was iffy when he first came, and that was with a better all round team than we have,lloris has not been the most consistant keeper until recently,and courtois  is good, but if he had our fucking defence in front of him,I doubt he would be much better than Pickford, then again, would any of them?
Totally get your point and de gea is the best example of growing into a position.

However in de gea s first year it was his decision making that let him down along with cross handling....he was still making saves you would not expect. I'm yet to this from pickford and imo this is the difference between an average prem gk and a top notch one.

November 14, 2017, 01:55:36 AM
Reply #86

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Forster is literally the worst keeper in the world.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 14, 2017, 02:10:53 AM
Reply #87

Jamokachi

I think Butland still has the edge, and is only a year older.

But... I don't spend anything like the same time analysing Butland in detail so I rarely see or hear of his minor errors.

Also it's difficult to quantify the cost of injuries, something which Butland is developing a nasty habit for.

Butland's form has been very patchy since he returned from that long injury lay-off he had.

November 14, 2017, 02:13:36 AM
Reply #88

Jamokachi

Forster is literally the worst keeper in the world.

His form fell off a cliff ages ago. I was a fan when Southampton first got him.

One of their highest earners too, on something like 90k p/w.

November 14, 2017, 02:18:16 AM
Reply #89

sirblue57

Totally get your point and de gea is the best example of growing into a position.

However in de gea s first year it was his decision making that let him down along with cross handling....he was still making saves you would not expect. I'm yet to this from pickford and imo this is the difference between an average prem gk and a top notch one.

And he had a settled team and defence in front of him. Give Pickford a chance.