July 20, 2018, 09:47:38 PM

Author Topic: Jordan Pickford  (Read 9481 times)

November 12, 2017, 04:00:23 AM
Read 9481 times

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone else think he looks a little small to be a top class 'keeper?

Or to be a storm trooper?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 13, 2017, 06:35:27 AM
Reply #1

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think we should be going overboard of the back of 1 good england game.

Truth be told he's been pretty average for us so far admittedly behind an awful defensive unit although looked a lot better for england.

I'm reserving judgement until he starts making match winning saves for us.

Like the first game against Stoke you mean?

November 13, 2017, 06:53:45 AM
Reply #2

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Let's call a spade a spade we are god knows how many games in and he's been very average so far....hence having to go back to the stoke game.

There's nowt wrong with backing players but he's not done enough to warrant the love so far in the same way dcl hadnt when people were saying he was our harry kane after the man city game. Of course I hope he does moving forward but dont feel we should rewrite history.

Hey, I was just pointing out that he has done what you were asking for. Not rewriting history, being over the top or anything like that. I wouldn't say he's been average. He's been a definite improvement on our previous two incumbents. He's made mistakes but he's young for a goalkeeper and will hopefully improve even more.

November 13, 2017, 03:48:13 PM
Reply #3

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Fair dos but we are 18 games into the season and having to go back to the stoke game...says it all for me and as of yet he hasn't looked like a 30m keeper for everton or a massive improvement on what we had.

TBF for Pickford to have made a save to win us the game the rest of the team have had to put him in that situation. Which they haven't done a lot of so he can't be blamed for that.The other one that springs to mind is the 1-on-1 with Defoe in the Bournemouth game. Turned the game that.