October 23, 2018, 02:02:24 AM

Author Topic: [News]Watford deny Everton a Silva lining  (Read 30484 times)

December 16, 2017, 10:17:29 PM
Read 30484 times

KoemansNumberTens

Every chance we will have chased down and over took Watford by Monday evening now. Think we got lucky failing to get silva and ending up with allardyce

December 17, 2017, 01:01:49 AM
Reply #1

KoemansNumberTens

Why not he sure acts like one.

Probably won't get many agreeing with me but I have my doubts he's a top manager anymore. The things he used to play up to he actually became. He's just trouble now and I think he did very average jobs at real Chelsea (the last time) and now Utd

December 17, 2017, 01:50:28 AM
Reply #2

KoemansNumberTens

He does seem to have lost some of his magic, just seems to complain a lot more and by the looks of Man City tonight, will be a long time before he wins the premier league again. City just look to be on another planet to everyone else atm.

City look like they've bridged the gap to the top sides in Europe. They could win the champions league this season. Miles ahead of everyone else now.

January 01, 2018, 12:49:07 AM
Reply #3

KoemansNumberTens

Id love to know what the Sam loving anti football crew would call the style we are playing at the min under their new Messiah...if it's not hoofball what the fuck is it ....boomerang ball ?....defend only?....Attack v defence? .

We are playing horrible football but style?? We haven't had a style for years. We can't even successfully play long ball football without a targetman.

What style even suits our squad? I'd argue we can't put an 11 on the pitch that could compete in any style. Yes it's shit but it's been different levels of shit for quite some time. Least give him the window. He didn't make the mess

January 01, 2018, 08:00:15 PM
Reply #4

KoemansNumberTens

I agree with most of that.  I don't 'believe' anything though.  I don't want to be proved right or wrong.  What I want is for our manager to be given plenty of time and his own signings to see what he can do.  I reject the prevailing thought that what we are seeing now is what we will see in the future.  It will be different.  If it is felt that we need to be defensive and pragmatic in the intervening period then so be it.  If people don't like watching it then boo hoo.  I have no idea idea where this pompous attitude came from.  We've been shit for decades.

The last line is exactly the point. We've been shite as long as some of us have been alive and yet people talk as if allardyce doesn't understand the Everton way.
We've had 3 managers this season and not played well in both defence and attack in any game. We've probably not played well more than a couple of seasons in the last 10

January 01, 2018, 10:40:40 PM
Reply #5

KoemansNumberTens

Yeah fair enough. Shit in relative terms, to the top 6.

But my point is that we're carrying a lot of average players, ageing players or players too young. Sigurdson and Rooney being the only players capable of winning a game or taking control.

So whenever we've tried to play expansive football this season, we've been found out. Our best form has come playing defensively, because we have to. Although the midfield against Bournemouth was a bit over the top.

I don't think even rooney and Sigurdsson are capable of controlling a game. We spend half of every game moaning about Rooneys careless passing and Sigurdsson has had a few decent game and he's not had 1 where he's looked like a playmaker never mind a 45m playmaker

January 01, 2018, 11:16:01 PM
Reply #6

KoemansNumberTens

I think the quality of the squad has definitely slipped as well. Genuinely only think Gueye and maybe Pickford would get into top 6 squads, let alone first team. Previously we’ve always felt like 3-4 top players away, now we’re 8-9.

Totally agree. We are a million miles away. I think you can kind of compete defensively with lesser players and great organisation. However we'd still need a lot more threat from full back then we currently have and a whole near set of attacking players

It's not so much that we are short. It's that everyone in the top 6 have at least 1 great attacking player. We don't even have a good 1.