November 14, 2018, 12:14:22 AM

Author Topic: Jonjoe Kenny  (Read 12771 times)

December 11, 2017, 01:49:20 AM
Reply #120

Macca77

Agreed a new long term contract

December 11, 2017, 01:54:20 AM
Reply #121

howard1334

Be interesting to see what happens when Coleman comes back.

I'd put Coleman back in just because he marshals that flank like no other full back and would give us an extra dimension going forward.

However, I think Kenny is a much better defender than Coleman and that might tempt allardyce to keep him in.

Seriously, he hasn't been beaten once and the way he defends that far post is incredible.

We do this every time with young players. Coleman should and will start once he is healthy, assuming, of course, that his injury has not caused his ability to regress considerably.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 01:57:35 AM by howard1334 »

December 11, 2017, 01:54:31 AM
Reply #122

Ross

Kenny has done great but he's not worth keeping Coleman away from RB.

Said it before but I'd convert him (back) to CB.

Far to small.

He’s almost half a Holgate.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 11, 2017, 01:58:29 AM
Reply #123

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
We do this every time with young players. Coleman should and will start once he is healthy, assuming, of course, that his injury has not caused his ability to regress considerably.

Yes, i didn't say otherwise.

December 11, 2017, 02:00:20 AM
Reply #124

howard1334

Yes, i didn't say otherwise.

You suggested Big Sam might consider starting Kenny over Coleman. Which he won't barring complications with Coleman's recovery.

December 11, 2017, 02:02:43 AM
Reply #125

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
You suggested Big Sam might consider starting Kenny over Coleman. Which he won't barring complications with Coleman's recovery.

Considering the importance allardyce puts on defence and work off the ball I think it's fair to say he will consider keeping Kenny in.

He'd be silly not to.

December 11, 2017, 02:09:51 AM
Reply #126

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Considering the importance allardyce puts on defence and work off the ball I think it's fair to say he will consider keeping Kenny in.

He'd be silly not to.

I certainly think it will be easier to ease Coleman back in than say Baines who despite being on the decline is still going to play the minute he has functioning limbs

December 11, 2017, 02:23:41 AM
Reply #127

SANA_DR0

MOTM today, loved his attitude, also played really well.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

December 11, 2017, 02:42:43 AM
Reply #128

kramer0

Loved him yelling after Rooney’s goal.

Great defensive performance, as well.

December 11, 2017, 02:43:42 AM
Reply #129

The Analog Kid

Can he play LB?

December 11, 2017, 02:59:35 AM
Reply #130

Juanito

Can he play LB?

Surely better than Martina there

December 11, 2017, 03:02:55 AM
Reply #131

howard1334

He'd be silly not to.

Then you are, in fact, suggesting otherwise. And you are, like we all have before when evaluating young players, undervaluing Coleman and overvaluing Kenny. The same thing happened in the cases of Oviedo, Garbutt, and Galloway when Baines had to miss games in the past, and with Holgate when Coleman missed games in the past.

I actually do think that Kenny is a better prospect than Oviedo, Garbutt, Galloway, or Holgate (at outside back). But you are making pretty huge claims based off of Kenny's very small sample size of work. And seemingly forgetting how great Coleman is (both going forward and on the defensive side of the ball). Otherwise, I can't see how you could justify your pretty crazy suggestion that Big Sam will actually hesitate to play Coleman (one of the top 3 RBs in the prem over the last 5+ years) over Kenny (a 20-year old with around 12 starts to his name).
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 03:20:23 AM by howard1334 »

December 11, 2017, 06:12:54 AM
Reply #132

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Then you are, in fact, suggesting otherwise. And you are, like we all have before when evaluating young players, undervaluing Coleman and overvaluing Kenny. The same thing happened in the cases of Oviedo, Garbutt, and Galloway when Baines had to miss games in the past, and with Holgate when Coleman missed games in the past.

I actually do think that Kenny is a better prospect than Oviedo, Garbutt, Galloway, or Holgate (at outside back). But you are making pretty huge claims based off of Kenny's very small sample size of work. And seemingly forgetting how great Coleman is (both going forward and on the defensive side of the ball). Otherwise, I can't see how you could justify your pretty crazy suggestion that Big Sam will actually hesitate to play Coleman (one of the top 3 RBs in the prem over the last 5+ years) over Kenny (a 20-year old with around 12 starts to his name).

I think he just means that Sam 'may' like the stability of keeping the back line the same, rather than bed Coleman in when he comes back from injury, as Kenny hasn't done anything to deserve being dropped.

Top marks for proper overcomplicating it though. 
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

December 11, 2017, 07:41:36 AM
Reply #133

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone forget Coleman’s poor form for several months prior to his injury?
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

December 11, 2017, 12:09:46 PM
Reply #134

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone forget Coleman's poor form for several months prior to his injury?
Nope
My momma says I'm special.