April 27, 2018, 07:31:12 AM

Author Topic: Do Everton owe Niasse a public apology?  (Read 690 times)

November 24, 2017, 05:33:46 PM
Read 690 times

therealdunc

I would say yes.

Based on recent revelations, 100% yes.

It’s disgusting that Kenwright and Moshiri allowed an employee (Koeman) to treat another employee (Niasse) so terribly.

He would have had grounds to quit and seek damages at an employment tribunal

Makes a mockery of the ‘peoples Club’ tag.
Blue

November 24, 2017, 05:36:13 PM
Reply #1

Gary1878

In my opinion, no. He got paid a good wedge for his troubles, and there are plenty of players frozen out at other clubs. It is up to the club to use the players how they please and as long as they haven't broken any contractual agreements, they are under no pressure to play anyone.

Koeman should apologise if anything rather than the club.

November 24, 2017, 05:37:29 PM
Reply #2

Cereal Killer

November 24, 2017, 05:43:21 PM
Reply #3

therealdunc

There is being frozen out and there is down right nasty behaviour which Koeman displayed.

Also, we are not like other clubs, we are Everton.
We have more class than other clubs or at least we use to.
Blue

November 24, 2017, 05:56:24 PM
Reply #4

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I would say yes.

Based on recent revelations, 100% yes.

It’s disgusting that Kenwright and Moshiri allowed an employee (Koeman) to treat another employee (Niasse) so terribly.

He would have had grounds to quit and seek damages at an employment tribunal

Makes a mockery of the ‘peoples Club’ tag.

I rarely agree with therealdunc but I think he has a point here. Yes he was getting paid but the deliberate public humiliation "If Niasse wants to play football he better find another club"  not even giving him a locker at Finch farm, not even with the under 23s and not allowing him to use the players dining room borders on bullying, that's not class and not what you would expect of "The People's Club"

November 24, 2017, 06:58:36 PM
Reply #5

MmmBlueRamirez

Im going with:

No, Everton shouldn't give him an apology. However, Koeman should. The fat arsed, no-necked clueless twunt.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

November 24, 2017, 07:02:40 PM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I'm sure the 60k a week or whatever's he's on more than compensates.

He has his karma though. He's the main man in the team and Koeman is sacked.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

November 24, 2017, 07:57:26 PM
Reply #7

MmmBlueRamirez

On a personal level, I also said some harsh things (on here) and would relish the opportunity to apologise in person.

I was wrong.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

November 24, 2017, 08:21:04 PM
Reply #8

arteta4spain

I’d say yes but behind closed doors. Oumar knows that he’s loved I reckon. Think the players love him for his sheer determination and never give up attitude and him being an all round nice fella. Reckon he’s the type who’d be the generous type and not bothered by it not looking for adulation.
I love him due to his desire and if he ever kissed the badge I know he fucking mean it.

November 24, 2017, 08:25:48 PM
Reply #9

boothill

is this like the public apology you want moshiri to give allerdyce ?

November 24, 2017, 08:26:49 PM
Reply #10

hill135

Proper bored of this Niasse stuff. You’d think we support Oumar Niasse FC the way some people are going on.

Of course we fucking don’t. He’s a footballer who was treated shabbily. It’s not Ken Livingston aplogising for Britain’s role in the slave trade or some Hollywood A lister apologising for sexual misconduct.

Even in a ‘real’ workplace where an employee wins a tribunal the employer doesn’t make a public apology. Get a grip!

November 24, 2017, 08:33:45 PM
Reply #11

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 24, 2017, 08:36:04 PM
Reply #12

Bob Sacamano

November 25, 2017, 01:29:47 AM
Reply #13

toffee_scot

Koeman treated Niasse disgracefully, it doesn't matter whether you get paid £6 or £60,000, everyone has the right to be treated with a certain level of dignity. I'm glad we don't have someone like Koeman in charge anymore, in fact I hope Niasse got Koeman's locker after he was booted out for good but perhaps someone at a higher level could have told Koeman to have treated better Niasse as a member of the so-called 'Everton family'.

As for public apology, I wouldn't go that far, the thing is Everton have acknowledged Niasse's contribution and attitude this season and if anything was said it would have been done privately.

November 25, 2017, 01:34:44 AM
Reply #14

gizzblue

Contract extension 👍